Milk quality and "Sudden Bovine Death Syndrome"

Nick

I recently noticed some very bad milk quality from a local farm the usually has good milk. I also noticed a less extreme off flavor in conventional milk I purchased recently. I also recently purchased a grass fed beef liver locally that did not have a normal color or texture. I then came across a reference on CJ Hopkins' substack to "sudden bovine death syndrome" linking to this article: Heat stress blamed for thousands of cattle deaths in Kansas
A quick search shows some speculation that there may be something else going on other than heat but I see no evidence. It is definitely true that it is unusually hot in parts of the US right now including my area so this could be the cause, but I'm wondering if anyone is aware of any evidence for any other cause for the cow deaths and if it could be linked to change in the taste of milk? What I will also say about the conventional milk is that I don't know how good a job grocery stores do at keeping the cold chain intact, especially as society crumbles. For example, I have also noticed that some brands of orange juice (Uncle Matt's for example) in my area seem to be already spoiled at the store recently, which could be the heat, or something else like seasonal changes in the oranges or storage time of the orange juice. Also, the other day at the grocery store many of the open refrigerators were taped over with paper because a refrigerant line was damaged.

I recently noticed some very bad milk quality from a local farm the usually has good milk. I also noticed a less extreme off flavor in conventional milk I purchased recently. I also recently purchased a grass fed beef liver locally that did not have a normal color or texture. I then came across a reference on CJ Hopkins' substack to "sudden bovine death syndrome" linking to this article: Heat stress blamed for thousands of cattle deaths in Kansas
A quick search shows some speculation that there may be something else going on other than heat but I see no evidence. It is definitely true that it is unusually hot in parts of the US right now including my area so this could be the cause, but I'm wondering if anyone is aware of any evidence for any other cause for the cow deaths and if it could be linked to change in the taste of milk? What I will also say about the conventional milk is that I don't know how good a job grocery stores do at keeping the cold chain intact, especially as society crumbles. For example, I have also noticed that some brands of orange juice (Uncle Matt's for example) in my area seem to be already spoiled at the store recently, which could be the heat, or something else like seasonal changes in the oranges or storage time of the orange juice. Also, the other day at the grocery store many of the open refrigerators were taped over with paper because a refrigerant line was damaged.
Yeah it could be something or it could be nothing to worry about it, but it is, nevertheless, something to pay attention to. That’s for the wake-up call :)

P

Peatness

This latest approval is a first for the FDA because the genomic alteration can be passed onto offspring. Image credit: martinho Smart/Shutterstock
Beef from cattle that’s been gene-edited to better withstand heat stress could soon be making its way onto dinner plates in the US.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals