Milk: pro-dopamine or pro-serotonin?

Vileplume

A month ago, for digestive reasons, I went from eating a mix of meat-fruit-juice-gelatin-eggs-raw milk, to a diet of mostly raw goat milk and sugar, with liver and some fruit and eggs. I replaced essentially all protein with milk. I now drink a gallon of raw goat milk every day, and I walk 10,000+ steps a day along with weight lifting every other day.

Since I made this change, I have not weighed myself, but I’ve noticeably leaned out. I’ve gotten several compliments on how I’ve lost weight around my chest and midsection, and I can see the outline of abdominal muscles, whereas before I could see nothing.

Interestingly, I’ve leaned out in this way despite increasing my fat intake from 90 grams to 150 grams or so. I think the leaning out came from lowered inflammation due to easy digestibility of the raw goat milk, increased calcium, lowered phosphate, and increased movement.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
A month ago, for digestive reasons, I went from eating a mix of meat-fruit-juice-gelatin-eggs-raw milk, to a diet of mostly raw goat milk and sugar, with liver and some fruit and eggs. I replaced essentially all protein with milk. I now drink a gallon of raw goat milk every day, and I walk 10,000+ steps a day along with weight lifting every other day.

Since I made this change, I have not weighed myself, but I’ve noticeably leaned out. I’ve gotten several compliments on how I’ve lost weight around my chest and midsection, and I can see the outline of abdominal muscles, whereas before I could see nothing.

Interestingly, I’ve leaned out in this way despite increasing my fat intake from 90 grams to 150 grams or so. I think the leaning out came from lowered inflammation due to easy digestibility of the raw goat milk, increased calcium, lowered phosphate, and increased movement.
Very awesome. How much sugar do you have per day?

Vileplume

Very awesome. How much sugar do you have per day?
8-10 tbsp per day. I’d like to replace some of this with more fruit, but if the fruit causes gas and digestive discomfort, it’s not worth it.

baccheion

How old are you? Have you tried adding sustained-release melatonin + DHEA and going all/only milk? Maybe need 6 liters or more? What's missing then, iron and vitamin C?

Vileplume

How old are you? Have you tried adding sustained-release melatonin + DHEA and going all/only milk? Maybe need 6 liters or more? What's missing then, iron and vitamin C?
I’m 29. What would the melatonin and DHEA serve? Why those two in particular?

I don’t think you’d need to add iron, unless you had blood work to show iron got low. Don’t most people have a problem with too much dietary iron?

My main concern with all milk would be the lack of fiber. I know some people do well with low or no fiber, but I get constipated if I don’t consume any fiber, so some easily digested fruits (cooked berries, ripe melons and peaches) and carrots help a lot to keep things moving. Plus, milk only seems like it’s missing other B vitamins in sufficient quantities, so the liver and fruit help with that. I also think the fruit would help with vitamin C.

Have you tried milk-only, with the modifications you describe?

Sefton10

I’m having a cup and a half of semi skim goats milk with an egg yolk and a tbsp of raw honey with every meal of fruit/meat/fish at the moment. Feels very metabolic! I just mix the yolk and honey first then stir in the milk. Feels like it helps with digestion too.

jomamma007

I don’t think you’d need to add iron, unless you had blood work to show iron got low. Don’t most people have a problem with too much dietary iron?

My main concern with all milk would be the lack of fiber. I know some people do well with low or no fiber, but I get constipated if I don’t consume any fiber, so some easily digested fruits (cooked berries, ripe melons and peaches) and carrots help a lot to keep things moving. Plus, milk only seems like it’s missing other B vitamins in sufficient quantities, so the liver and fruit help with that. I also think the fruit would help with vitamin C.

According to Nutrition Data Self, the vitamin C of goat milk per quart is 12.7mg 21%, so it's not entirely deficient, but I'm sure the fruit is always a benefit for more than just the Vitamin C.

Oysters in addition for zinc would make a complete nutrition profile. This would also give some additional iron.

At 29, you likely won't need DHEA, but could possibly benefit from 1-5mg...

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter

According to crono, goat milk is a good source of almost all your Bs.

Goat milk micros.jpg

B12 is surprisingly low, which might be questionable. Folate is a little low, but if homocysteine and CRP are in place, then it's not a problem.
Zinc and selenium might be something to take notice of. Perhaps oysters once or twice a week.

baccheion

Keep the body in fat burning lower cortisol mode. Goes well with low-carb of all milk.

Not enough milk would cause constipation. Too much would lead to diarrhea. When all milk and up to 6 liters, it may not be an issue. Maybe less. Could potentially end up fat, heh. I suppose you could use 1% milk and then do 1.5 ounces per pound.

Last edited:

Explorer

And what else? How many calories? How much lean mass to fat mass to water mass?
Seems to be both fat and muscle but not sure if there is any water weight since it's only been increasing and haven't noticed any drops in it nor much puffiness

P

Peatness

My bones got massive after introducing milk and k2. I gained 6 kgs. Some fat, muscle and a bit of fluid retention.

baccheion

My bones got massive after introducing milk and k2. I gained 6 kgs. Some fat, muscle and a bit of fluid retention.
How long? How old were you during these times? How much of each? What else did you consume? How much? Wrist size? How much did it change?

Jennifer

What's your experience with milk (if you digest it well)? I always feel good after some milk. Great stuff imo!

For over a year now, the majority of my calories have come from milk and it has been so healing for my body. I no longer experience hypoglycemic induced adrenaline attacks, syncope episodes, anxiety and depression or extreme digestive pain, migraines and vomiting. I no longer need 3,000+ calories daily to feel satiated (I’m a tiny person) or hours in the sun to keep my vitamin D level up. My daytime temp is now consistently 99°, my blood pressure stabilized at 120/70 (was as low as 85/50), my hair has become incredibly thick and my skin went from being very inflamed/red due to chronic SIBO back to porcelain. I also regained muscle that had atrophied while following a fruitarian diet for digestive reasons, without an increase in my activity level—I weigh the same as I did on fruit, but my clothes fit much looser now, especially in my waist. I’m currently averaging a total of 4 liters a day—2 liters of raw goat’s milk and 2 liters of raw A2 certified cow’s milk.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
For over a year now, the majority of my calories have come from milk and it has been so healing for my body. I no longer experience hypoglycemic induced adrenaline attacks, syncope episodes, anxiety and depression or extreme digestive pain, migraines and vomiting. I no longer need 3,000+ calories daily to feel satiated (I’m a tiny person) or hours in the sun to keep my vitamin D level up. My daytime temp is now consistently 99°, my blood pressure stabilized at 120/70 (was as low as 85/50), my hair has become incredibly thick and my skin went from being very inflamed/red due to chronic SIBO back to porcelain. I also regained muscle that had atrophied while following a fruitarian diet for digestive reasons, without an increase in my activity level—I weigh the same as I did on fruit, but my clothes fit much looser now, especially in my waist. I’m currently averaging a total of 4 liters a day—2 liters of raw goat’s milk and 2 liters of raw A2 certified cow’s milk.
Really awesome, thanks for sharing!