Milk + oysters

I’m hearing a buzz on Facebook that Ray said having Milk and oysters together makes thyroid. How can this be? How much would be needed to equal 100 mg. of Natural Dessicated Thyroid?

md_a

What to do if you can’t buy a pharma thyroid?

“You can theoretically, at least, make it yourself, if you for example boil milk with oysters or seaweed, a source of iodine and trace minerals, the prolonged boiling will create iodinated casein which in effect works like thyroid hormone, you can make it right in your kitchen, if it happened you are not able to buy thyroid in a pharma classical form. The reaction between trace minerals, casein, and iodine will produce an active thyroid-like substance.” Ray Peat

…..

Hello,

Is it possible to get thyroid at home if I combine iodine with casein? From the studies below, it seems like a more complicated process. I tried to boil oysters in milk, but I don't like the taste.

Thank you!

"The iodination is spontaneous with heat, and that potency is good. I know people in many different countries who manage to get thyroid products through the mail. Ray Peat

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-23 at 9.04.47 AM.jpeg

Attachments

• course of progresive iodination of skim milk proteins and casein.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • preparation of Thyroxine from Casein treated with Iodine.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
  • The Effect of Thyroprotein on the Growth, Fattening, and Carcass Composition of Swine by Perry...pdf
    4 MB · Views: 45
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals