Milk & Orange Juice

Steve

I like milk by itself & I like orange juice by itself, but it just doesn't seem right to have one right after another, & the belly doesn't really seem to love it that way.

So does it do any harm to have each one by itself?
I think I've read here that you should always have a sugar & protein together so your blood sugar & stuff don't get messed up.

But I don't really understand it all.

T

tca300

Its fine to have them by themselves. If you care about what Ray's personal opinion is, he has mentioned that both can be consumed by themselves.

tankasnowgod

Both protein and carbohydrates (sugar and starches) can all stimulate insulin secretion. So, if you eat protein, you should eat some sort of carb with it, otherwise it could lead to a mild hypoglycemia. The bigger concern for carbs is the idea of a Blood Glucose spike, but sugar doesn't stimulate this as much as starches do.

Milk has protein, lactose, and fat (except skim), so there is no concern with drinking milk on it's own. Unless you have blood sugar issues, there really shouldn't be much issue with drinking orange juice on it's own, either.

OP
S

Steve

Cool, thanks.
This site has made me paranoid about every thing I eat. :)

Then I made the mistake of looking up orange juice to see if it hurts teeth.
Now whenever I drink it all I can think of is my enamel being eaten away with each sip.

I'm sure I'll get over all the food paranoia once I stop reading so much.

CoolTweetPete

I have taken to mixing milk and OJ under someone on the forums mention.

Working good for me. Tastes like creamcicle.

DaveFoster

I've seen that mentioned, but what's the reasoning behind the combinations?
Milk lacks the proper carb: protein ratio. OJ does not have much sodium and a lower level of calcium.

CoolTweetPete

I do the same as Dave. I also add magnesium carbonate and collagen hydrolysate to block the tryptophan in the milk.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals