Milk, mTOR and cancer

Hans

Forum Supporter
some people claim creatine causes hair loss. Also mate some claim creatine depletes inosine and both need to be supplemented... some youtubers market inosine products for that purpose to creatine users. do you also like beta alanine and taurine supplementation
Many studies use creatine long term without and side effects or need for creatine. Adding some inosine might be beneficial, but not entirely essential.

Dr. B

Many studies use creatine long term without and side effects or need for creatine. Adding some inosine might be beneficial, but not entirely essential.
do you use beta alanine/taurine?
also mate, something odd... i got some raw milk from guernsey cows and it seems to cause some breast/nipple pain, like an estrogenic or prolactin response. ive drank tons of milk daily for years and NEVER had this sort of response from pasteurized milks... could it be some progesterone in the raw milk doing this or is something seriously wrong with the milk/way theyre treating the cows if theres an estrogenic response? they market the milk as organic 100% grass fed 100% A2, no antbioitics hormones pesticides etc...

also someone mentioned that Ray said yogurt products are bad due to presence of lactic acid... apparently online it says the end result of digesting lactose is always lactic acid... so doesnt that mean its the same whether you consume milk directly or yogurt. additionally does this mean lactose consumption should be limited if it just turns to lactic acid in the body...

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
do you use beta alanine/taurine?
also mate, something odd... i got some raw milk from guernsey cows and it seems to cause some breast/nipple pain, like an estrogenic or prolactin response. ive drank tons of milk daily for years and NEVER had this sort of response from pasteurized milks... could it be some progesterone in the raw milk doing this or is something seriously wrong with the milk/way theyre treating the cows if theres an estrogenic response? they market the milk as organic 100% grass fed 100% A2, no antbioitics hormones pesticides etc...

also someone mentioned that Ray said yogurt products are bad due to presence of lactic acid... apparently online it says the end result of digesting lactose is always lactic acid... so doesnt that mean its the same whether you consume milk directly or yogurt. additionally does this mean lactose consumption should be limited if it just turns to lactic acid in the body...
Not I don't use beta-alanine, but I sometimes take some taurine.

Strange that you react that way to that milk. Perhaps it's only that specific brand and you can try a different one.

Lactose is a disaccharide consisting of glucose and galactose. So lactase breaks it down into those two. Those two can then be converted to lactate by a dysfunctional metabolism.

DennisX

@Chophouse360
Milk is protective against various cancers as well as prostate cancer.
"suggestive inverse trends were observed for cheese and ice cream intake with total and/or advanced PCa (p-trends = 0.043-0.153), and for milk, dairy, and calcium intake with fatal PCa" (R).

Even an all meat diet doesn't increase mTOR or IGF-1 to excess levels. Perhaps a very high protein diet can increase mTOR too much, but it's more related to hyperinsulinemia, glucocorticoid excess, hypothyroidism, endotoxin absorption, etc.
Citations please

DennisX

Milk does raise mtor, igf1, things which are associated with cancer but I look at it this way to not get confused by the abstract jargon: biologically, cancer = disorganized growth. Mtor is associated with growth, anything that increases growth increases mtor, which is why protein raises it. Milk is the most pro-growth food so it will raise mtor, but the question is, is the growth it causes disorganized or organized? A low calcium to phosphate ratio is a fundamental root of biological disorganization, so milk which has high calcium to phosphate isn't cancerous even though it increases growth/mtor (unless there are additives or contaminants in the milk which alter calcium to phosphate availability/absorbtion)
Citations please

Dr. B

I thought there was more calcium in leafy greens like kale than would ever be in mass-produced milk no? Raw milk from normal grassfed cows may be different.
i heard its not as bioavailable, but otherwise, on a per calorie basis spinach has more nutrients than most things. with milk youd need around 150 cals to get 300mg or so calcium and 450mg potassium... probably much less with spinach

Hans

Forum Supporter
That which is stated without proof can be dismissed without proof. Namely whatever you said in your post!
If you don't agree, then you're welcome to cite research that shows that I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Jam

That which is stated without proof can be dismissed without proof. Namely whatever you said in your post!
Nice attitude.

Mossy

He provided a link in his original comment to the study from which his quote was taken. Is this what you're requesting?

Brandin

but its been confirmed in several BBing forums and even mentioned around here. on the BB forums they subscribe creatines benefits in part to its phosphate boosting effects... lactose and some sugars have a phosphate lowering effect. there are plenty of substances which have a calcium boosting/lessening or phosphate boosting/decreasing effect in the body. vitamin A for instance also boosts phosphate...
well creatine binds to phosphate to make fast atp. If anything it would lower it. Probably doesnt lower or increase it do since it releases the phosphate again if I remember it correctly

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals