Milk Is Low In Tryptophan. Actually It Has An Equal Amount To Glycine

johnwester130

Am I misreading this ??

Or am I misunderstanding how protein and amino acids work in the body ?

Milk, whole, 3.25% milkfat Nutrition Facts & Calories

sudfhidshfsd.png

Cirion

This brings to mind a question for me. The Fernstrom ratio does not include Glycine in its calculation for the mitigation of the effects of Tryptophan. Fernstrom ratio = Tryptophan / LNAA where LNAA = large neutral amino acids (Leucine, IsoLeucine, Valine, Tyrosine, and Phenylalanine)

How does Glycine get input into this equation?

In order to determine the impact of Tryptophan in milk, this question needs an answer first...

I will say through personal experience the tryptophan effect in milk is mostly definitely not a non-zero thing. I definitely notice it, milk tends to make me sleepy if I drink too much without extra sugar to balance it.

Last edited:
OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

This brings to mind a question for me. The Fernstrom ratio does not include Glycine in its calculation for the mitigation of the effects of Tryptophan. Fernstrom ratio = Tryptophan / LNAA where LNAA = large neutral amino acids (Leucine, IsoLeucine, Valine, Tyrosine, and Phenylalanine)

How does Glycine get input into this equation?

In order to determine the impact of Tryptophan in milk, this question needs an answer first...

I will say through personal experience the tryptophan effect in milk is mostly definitely not a non-zero thing. I definitely notice it, milk tends to make me sleepy if I drink too much without extra sugar to balance it.

I don't know

I don't know how a protein is judge and evaluated if not by how much of it is in something

Cirion

I totally agree. I just don't know to what degree hence my question.

I'm an engineer, I can't help it, I like to determine ratios and whatnot lol.

tankasnowgod

It's not Glycine that you compare to Tryptophan. It's the BCAAs, Tyrosine, Phenylalanine, and possibly Lysine. When comparing it this way, Milk quite a high ratio when compared to other proteins, like most cuts of beef. A lot of those cuts have significantly more Glycine as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals