Milk Is Good; Growth Hormone Is Bad: But Milk Increases Growth Hormone

gilson dantas

Ukall, the problem is: that article "Milk causes cancer too" goes in the opposite line of all I learned from R Peat; they say "do not consume any kind of milk" because milk have growth hormones that makes grow cancer;
do you really thing that milk [growth hormone of cow milk] have that effect?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

gilson dantas

OK Charlie.
I´m reading about milk [on Peat´s articles and forum] and I´ll further back to the subject;
but by now I think that the statement "milk makes cancer grow because it has growth hormone" does not solve the problem;
what do you think?

Kray

Good questions and links, thanks. As a frequent milk/cheese consumer, it's good to check in from time to time. By the way, doesn't a good deal of commercial milk now state "non-rBST", which is the "growth hormone" you're referring to, right? I think naturally-occurring hormones are hard to pinpoint due to so many variables, but as Peat has said, progesterone in milk is not a bad thing!

gilson dantas

Yes classicallady, I agree with you.
My experience is: in two months of cheese-consume daily, my IGF-1 [growth hormone insuline-like] didn´t grow. I do not have more growth hormone in the blood because of cheese.
And I do not know if the growth hormone of milk is actually a danger; I would like to know about it;
And I suppose that people craving more milk [Switzerland?] should have more cancer in this case;
I really don´t know. Need informations.
And yes, estrogen [the cancer causing hormone] is nothing in the milk compared with progesterone of the same milk;

Wagner83

European Journal of Clinical Nutrition - High intakes of milk, but not meat, increase s-insulin and insulin resistance in 8-year-old boys

"
Objective:

Our objective was to examine if a high animal protein intake from milk or meat increased s-insulin and insulin resistance in healthy, prepubertal children. A high animal protein intake results in higher serum branched chain amino acids (BCAA; leucine, isoleucine and valine) concentrations, which are suggested to stimulate insulin secretion. Furthermore, milk possesses some postprandial insulinotrophic effect that is not related to its carbohydrate content.

Design:

A total of 24 8-y-old boys were asked to take 53 g protein as milk or meat daily. At baseline and after 7 days, diet was registered, and insulin, glucose, and amino acids were determined. Insulin resistance and beta cell function were calculated with the homeostasis model assessment.

Results:

Protein intake increased by 61 and 54% in the milk- and meat-group, respectively. In the milk-group, fasting s-insulin concentrations doubled, which caused the insulin resistance to increase similarly. In the meat-group, there was no increase in insulin and insulin resistance. As the BCAAs increased similarly in both groups, stimulation of insulin secretion through BCAAs is not supported.

Conclusions:

Our results indicate that a short-term high milk, but not meat, intake increased insulin secretion and resistance. The long-term consequences of this are unknown. The effect of high protein intakes from different sources on glucose–insulin metabolism needs further studying.

"

Agent207

IMO the issue is processed milk like pasteurized/homogeinized from grain feed animals is pure crap.

The problem with growth hormone is the decline after 20's as we age.

Wagner83

I'm curious about the insulin resistance part, the authors themselves are cautious of drawing conclusions of long term effects.

If one looks at the (unripe and pesticides filled) fruits , vegetables, dairy products and meat available in most places, it becomes difficult to choose anything to eat, at least it is for me. :)

DuggaDugga

I'm curious about the insulin resistance part, the authors themselves are cautious of drawing conclusions of long term effects.

If one looks at the (unripe and pesticides filled) fruits , vegetables, dairy products and meat available in most places, it becomes difficult to choose anything to eat, at least it is for me. :)

I'm confused how the milk group went from having a larger proportion of their macros being fat at baseline to having less when they're adding such a fat-rich food to their diet.
If the macros varied that much at baseline (relative macros that is, as the study didn't report amount in grams), it's not hard to imagine stark differences in other aspects of the diet, especially with a total sample size of 24.

lampofred

Growth hormone is good when there is healthy growth of tissue/anabolism. Milk supports this constructive increase of tissue.

Estrogen on the other hand causes uncontrolled, disorganized growth. In this high estrogen situation, growth hormone causes cancer.

Calcium promotes healthy growth, and increases growth hormone.

Salt stops growth, and inhibits growth hormone.

PUFA/iron/estrogen promote cancerous growth, and increase growth hormone.

T

TheBeard

I did a raw milk only diet for about a month because I was curious about this.
I was drinking a gallon of raw milk a day, nothing else, not even water.
I ordered IGF-1 bloodwork before and after: the levels didn't move at all.

So I would say milk's impact on growth hormone is minimal at best.

Frankdee20

Damn that’s a lot of milk

Apple

Numerous studies show that dairy does increase IGF-1 in blood, especially studies related to prostate cancer.
Using rBGH makes it worse. Most brands don't mention if rBGH was used.
I guess your body had already utilized the excess of growth hormone by the time you did your blood test.
Or...I actually have doubts about your experiment... you probably was a heavy milk drinker already, you don't suddenly start drinking 1 gallon of milk...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals