Do you drink milk daily?

• Yes

Votes: 55 78.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 21.4%

• Total voters
G

Gray Ling

Arnold Swartzenegger said 'Milk is for babies.' in response to the question 'Do you drink milk?'

So I'll be drinking milk.
For a short while my diet comprise a large percentage of milk sugar. It is quite inexpensive and not so bad. It's under R9.00 a litre from the local SPAR market.
lausanne_logo.png

So since I'm drinking milk now I'll consider myself a baby. The books on subject of babycare say breastfeeding should continue for 6-8months or until the baby loses its appetite for milk. At that stage stage the benefits of milk seem to taper off. A baby that feeds on milk beyond the 6-8month stage might soon be deficient in its diet.

But before you can call me 'baby', I'll be eating eggshells. I might have to look for a grinder like the one below to help me grind up the shells.

For those ready to ween themselves off milk please check out the following link: CalPhos

grinder.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Braveheart

Arnold Swartzenegger said 'Milk is for babies.' in response to the question 'Do you drink milk?'

So I'll be drinking milk.
For a short while my diet comprise a large percentage of milk sugar. It is quite inexpensive and not so bad. It's under R9.00 a litre from the local SPAR market.
lausanne_logo.png

So since I'm drinking milk now I'll consider myself a baby. The books on subject of babycare say breastfeeding should continue for 6-8months or until the baby loses its appetite for milk. At that stage stage the benefits of milk seem to taper off. A baby that feeds on milk beyond the 6-8month stage might soon be deficient in its diet.

But before you can call my 'baby', I'll be eating eggshells. I might have to look for a grinder like the one below to help me grind up the shells.

For those ready to ween themselves off milk please check out the following link: CalPhos

grinder.jpg
great organic gardening site, many thanks!

OP
G

Gray Ling

Yes he's great bzmazu. Gil Caradang got me into burying my rice to catch microorganisms when I should have been eating it instead.

OldMan

I drink at least a 16 ounce cup of milk a day....2 percent fat.... I have done so for the last several months ....as per peat for the calcium.... Grass fed organic... Expensive but hopefully will reap benefit in the years to come

I think one of the reasons babies wean off milk is that their iron, stored from the womb, becomes depleted and they need a dietary source of iron to continue growing. Most adults have too much iron, so in that sense at least, milk is appropriate. However, I think the amino acid ratios are a bit out of optimal range for adults. I think for kids under 20 years old, milk is superb.

Despite growing up on a SAD diet, and I mean SAD, I turned out ok, and I think it's largely due to all the milk I ate with my cereal!

I drink milk most days, maybe a cup with every meal, but whenever I drink a lot, I seem to need to take some BCAA to compensate for the high excitatory aminos.

EIRE24

I think one of the reasons babies wean off milk is that their iron, stored from the womb, becomes depleted and they need a dietary source of iron to continue growing. Most adults have too much iron, so in that sense at least, milk is appropriate. However, I think the amino acid ratios are a bit out of optimal range for adults. I think for kids under 20 years old, milk is superb.

Despite growing up on a SAD diet, and I mean SAD, I turned out ok, and I think it's largely due to all the milk I ate with my cereal!

I drink milk most days, maybe a cup with every meal, but whenever I drink a lot, I seem to need to take some BCAA to compensate for the high excitatory aminos.

That's the same deal with me and milk. Loved it in my cereal but would never have drank a glass of milk by itself.

I don't drink milk at all these days due to acne, although since I cut it out my acne still hasn't gone away but has improved. It's a weird one...

OldMan

That's the same deal with me and milk. Loved it in my cereal but would never have drank a glass of milk by itself.

I don't drink milk at all these days due to acne, although since I cut it out my acne still hasn't gone away but has improved. It's a weird one...

How long have you been following Peat.... strict "Peating" hasnt helped your skin?

EIRE24

How long have you been following Peat.... strict "Peating" hasnt helped your skin?

No it hasn't, it's made it worse actually. I don't blame peating though. I think my metabolism was too low to start this nutritionally abundant diet and that's where I ran into problems. Maybe my diet was way too low in fat which dried out my skin and caused acne? I'm not sure?

tara

OldMan

This sounds like a contradiction in terms to me.
"Strict peating"...yes perhaps it sounds like a contradiction in terms as peat is anti dogma....but i think that drastic/strict measures should be taken in the short term to deal with an issue like acne ...as example.... or ptsd... but only for the short term ....

Last edited:

OldMan

No it hasn't, it's made it worse actually. I don't blame peating though. I think my metabolism was too low to start this nutritionally abundant diet and that's where I ran into problems. Maybe my diet was way too low in fat which dried out my skin and caused acne? I'm not sure?

My "intuition" tells me that to get better results with your skin...you should take a close look at the "randle cycle" concept...understand it well... i believe it is one of the most powerful ideas that haidut danny roddy and Ray have brought attention to........ are you familiar with the Randle Cycle idea?.... and if I may ask....are you in your 20s?

mujuro

Ain't no shortage of hypocrisy in bodybuilding, it seems. Arnold and his contemporaries revered raw milk and high protein, meat-laden meals for mass gain.

EIRE24

My "intuition" tells me that to get better results with your skin...you should take a close look at the "randle cycle" concept...understand it well... i believe it is one of the most powerful ideas that haidut danny roddy and Ray have brought attention to........ are you familiar with the Randle Cycle idea?.... and if I may ask....are you in your 20s?

Yes I am 22 years of age. Never had acne until I began to incorporate large amount of fruit and sugar. Initially I thought it was the milk that caused acne but now I'm thinking maybe it was going too low in fat which didn't keep my skin moist which made me break out. Then I was thinking maybe it was to do with bacterial overgrowth? I'm still not sure to be honest...

OldMan

Yes I am 22 years of age. Never had acne until I began to incorporate large amount of fruit and sugar. Initially I thought it was the milk that caused acne but now I'm thinking maybe it was going too low in fat which didn't keep my skin moist which made me break out. Then I was thinking maybe it was to do with bacterial overgrowth? I'm still not sure to be honest...
What kind of fruit do you eat?

EIRE24

What kind of fruit do you eat?

I gave up on fruit and switched back to white rice as my main carb source. I know this is not strictly peaty but I find my skin is definitely better than it used to be although not perfect. I used to eat a lot of dates, bananas, orange juice, sugar and whatever other dried fruit I could get a hold of

OldMan

I gave up on fruit and switched back to white rice as my main carb source. I know this is not strictly peaty but I find my skin is definitely better than it used to be although not perfect. I used to eat a lot of dates, bananas, orange juice, sugar and whatever other dried fruit I could get a hold of
Well theres alot going there...Bananas can prompt serotonin and dates and other dried could be too much fiber and depending on the oj brand it could have too much "flavor pack" in it which is added to orange juice during processing to ..flavor pack is an enzyme concoction that chemically liquifies the pulp to give the oj a smooth texture ....... all that can impact and irritate your digestive tract yes....

EIRE24

Well theres alot going there...Bananas can prompt serotonin and dates and other dried could be too much fiber and depending on the oj brand it could have too much "flavor pack" in it which is added to orange juice during processing to ..flavor pack is an enzyme concoction that chemically liquifies the pulp to give the oj a smooth texture ....... all that can impact and irritate your digestive tract yes....

Yes I agree. Although, I'm still getting pimples and my skin is still dry so is it my gut that is damaged or what? I can't seem to figure out the cause of it. I've taken vitamin A and all the other recommendations here and they don't work at all in getting rid of it.

There are probably different causes for acne, but the fact that doxycycline is effective in treating it says to me that acne could be correlated with bacterial overgrowth and/or iron excess.

My experience with completely cutting out all dietary fat lasted for about 1.5 days, and gave me dry skin and a rock hard intestine.

I wouldn't be shy about taking upwards of a 100,000 IU of retinol and see if it has any effect on the acne. Of course you should make sure you can tolerate the supplement before a big dose.

I find retinyl palmitate powder cheap and effective.