Milk Intake Is Objectively Not Linked To Increased Cardiovascular Risk

jyb

Milk may not be linked to increased cardiovascular risk but if you are a man >50y/o milk may be linked to prostate cancer risk.

Milk consumption is a risk factor for prostate cancer: meta-analysis of case-control studies. - PubMed - NCBI
Milk consumption is a risk factor for prostate cancer: meta-analysis of case-control studies.

Not sure if I would trust milk / protstate cancer links either... See Milk Consumption and Prostate Cancer and posts on this forum. If there is association between it and skim milk but not whole milk, it probably mean the association is due to a confounding variable, ie milk has nothing to do with it.

DennisX

Thanks for the reference. Drinking a quart a day of milk has not been examined with respect to cancer or prostate cancer. Unless the milk is from grass feed cows you are ingesting the hormones they put in cows to produce more milk let alone what they feed the cows. In addition, milk consumption increases IGF-1 which has been shown to increase cancer risk(mentioned in your reference). I'm 60+ so I err on the side of caution. Even if only 50% of the cohort studies show an association and the other 50% don't I avoid it. YMMV

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals