Milk for LPR (silent reflux)? Calcium?

ReSTART

Does anyone with LPR or GERD find it helps? Maybe the calcium, since Gaviscon and antacids contain calcium?

Don

and it can take eating dairy for a couple days before i really notice it. so day one eating feel great by day three throat and voice box not happy. i have noticed this with many trigger foods and it can take a bit to sort out what ones will bother you. mint toothpaste was one i got careless on lately.

Jennifer

My dad and I were talking about this very topic the other day. Both of us find that milk relieves our acid reflux. Eggshell powder, too.

hierundjetzt

and it can take eating dairy for a couple days before i really notice it. so day one eating feel great by day three throat and voice box not happy. i have noticed this with many trigger foods and it can take a bit to sort out what ones will bother you. mint toothpaste was one i got careless on lately.
Yes, I have noticed the exact same thing for many food intolerances in my case. Some show up like 2 days later and hence it's really a challenge to pinpoint which food triggered it.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
My dad and I were talking about this very topic the other day. Both of us find that milk relieves our acid reflux. Eggshell powder, too.
Do you encapsulate the egg shell powder and take it that way? Do you take it daily?

Jennifer

Do you encapsulate the egg shell powder and take it that way? Do you take it daily?
I get my calcium from dairy now but when I was taking eggshell powder in the past, I didn’t encapsulate it. However, given my parents’ experience, if I had to take it, I’d experiment with putting it in gelatin caps for convenience and potentially reducing the irritation it caused me. My dad takes TyroMax but isn’t good about the dosing—he wasn’t counting how many drops he was taking and I kept having to remind him that he needed to warm the bottle in his hands and shake it well prior to taking it because it’s cold here and the glandular powder sinks to the bottom so he wasn’t getting his full dose and his temps and pulse reflected this. Around the same time, my mum was dealing with a mysterious case of diarrhea and I suspected the MCT oil in her new glandular and D3 supplement might be to blame—Ray says it can irritate the intestines—and so I suggested they put their supplements in gelatin capsules and my dad finally got the proper dose of thyroid and his temps and pulse improved, and my mum’s diarrhea vanished.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
I get my calcium from dairy now but when I was taking eggshell powder in the past, I didn’t encapsulate it. However, given my parents’ experience, if I had to take it, I’d experiment with putting it in gelatin caps for convenience and potentially reducing the irritation it caused me. My dad takes TyroMax but isn’t good about the dosing—he wasn’t counting how many drops he was taking and I kept having to remind him that he needed to warm the bottle in his hands and shake it well prior to taking it because it’s cold here and the glandular powder sinks to the bottom so he wasn’t getting his full dose and his temps and pulse reflected this. Around the same time, my mum was dealing with a mysterious case of diarrhea and I suspected the MCT oil in her new glandular and D3 supplement might be to blame—Ray says it can irritate the intestines—and so I suggested they put their supplements in gelatin capsules and my dad finally got the proper dose of thyroid and his temps and pulse improved, and my mum’s diarrhea vanished.
Interesting! How did you eat the eggshell powder?