Milk Causing Digestive Issues

maritb

hi I've recently started following ray peat. I started consuming milk again after not doing so at all since childhood and my digestion hasn't been able to handle it. I did a round of minocycline and took camphosol with charcoal as well. I'm currently on my second round of mincocycline about 2 months after the first one. it doesn't seem to be making a difference. I think I need a stronger antibiotic and would love some advice about what people have had luck with taking to help with similar issues. I looked on alldaychemist and they seem to be sold out of a lot right now. any advice?

mrchibbs

Drink only a very small amount daily. Like 1/4cup or even less. Within a couple weeks your body will learn to digest it well again. (This has been shown many times)

Don't rush into this. If your body can't digest it there's no point in forcing yourself.

Heating the milk helps to digest it as well, make yourself a hot cocoa or make yourself an eggnog or just in coffee.

Higher fat milk is easier to digest at first too, it may be a good idea to find really good quality organic whole milk.

maritb

Drink only a very small amount daily. Like 1/4cup or even less. Within a couple weeks your body will learn to digest it well again. (This has been shown many times)

Don't rush into this. If your body can't digest it there's no point in forcing yourself.

Heating the milk helps to digest it as well, make yourself a hot cocoa or make yourself an eggnog or just in coffee.

Higher fat milk is easier to digest at first too, it may be a good idea to find really good quality organic whole milk.[/QUOTE
I have been drinking low fat milk as it has been difficult for me to keep my daily fat intake low while trying to increase my calories after years of chronically under-eating. I will try small amounts of organic whole milk for a few weeks and see if that makes any difference. thank you so much!

Vileplume

hi I've recently started following ray peat. I started consuming milk again after not doing so at all since childhood and my digestion hasn't been able to handle it. I did a round of minocycline and took camphosol with charcoal as well. I'm currently on my second round of mincocycline about 2 months after the first one. it doesn't seem to be making a difference. I think I need a stronger antibiotic and would love some advice about what people have had luck with taking to help with similar issues. I looked on alldaychemist and they seem to be sold out of a lot right now. any advice?

When trying to reintroduce milk, grocery store milk made me constipated and brain foggy. Raw goat milk though, from a local farmer, digested really well from the get-go. If you’re able to get your hands on some raw milk, especially goat milk, try that out

TheBeard

You are taking antibiotics for the sole purpose of improving your digestion, or for another condition?

Yes ADC is sold out for most abx, what I do is go to the pharmacy with a fake script, it works everytime.
They don't really verify the veracity of the script as long as you are not asking for SSRIs or opioids, antibiotics are usually not something they fear people abusing.

And I live in a very, very big capital city.

Vileplume

You are taking antibiotics for the sole purpose of improving your digestion, or for another condition?

Yes ADC is sold out for most abx, what I do is go to the pharmacy with a fake script, it works everytime.
They don't really verify the veracity of the script as long as you are not asking for SSRIs or opioids, antibiotics are usually not something they fear people abusing.

And I live in a very, very big capital city.

What antibiotics have been effective for you?

jaywills

Are you drinking skim milk?
I found that unhomogenized semi-skim (which I believe is 1-2% fat milk in the US) is much easier to digest.
With skim (0% fat milk) I noticed irritability, serotonin based symptoms including aggression.
All gone since the switch

jamies33

Start with a little bit with meals

Vileplume

Do you only have this with milk or all grocery dairy products?

It was most pronounced with conventional skim milk, but happened gradually with 2% organic pasteurized homogenized (Horizon brand). Grocery store yogurt and cottage cheese seemed to make me constipated too, especially over a few days, but the effects weren’t as immediate so I can’t be sure as to their effects.

It’s also possible that I rushed into them too fast because I got impatient and wanted milk haha, so I started doing full cups at a time. Either way, raw goat milk allowed me to do larger amounts right away.

Hgreen56

It was most pronounced with conventional skim milk, but happened gradually with 2% organic pasteurized homogenized (Horizon brand). Grocery store yogurt and cottage cheese seemed to make me constipated too, especially over a few days, but the effects weren’t as immediate so I can’t be sure as to their effects.

It’s also possible that I rushed into them too fast because I got impatient and wanted milk haha, so I started doing full cups at a time. Either way, raw goat milk allowed me to do larger amounts right away.
Do you also have experience with protein powders like whey or casein?

Vileplume

Do you also have experience with protein powders like whey or casein?

Not since beginning to apply Peat principles, but years ago when I had whey protein powder it always made me gassy. No experience with casein.