Milk Causes Hairloss!

mrchibbs

I am literally a mix of all three lol.
1. Lower two thirds are good, I have good bones there. But my egg head shape ***** my hair and my neck is stiff. My posture sucks
2. I started diffusing when I got hypo.
3. I started balding more rapidly when I lifted hard. I also got more calcified in that timeframe. Those forehead veins could have been mine.

I'm having some progress by fixing 1 with yogaish exercises, 2 with peating, and 3 with an anti calcification protocol and stopping to lift as excessively. So there is ***t that can be done

Great pictures, especially the top one. The anatomical details of the scalp are fascinating.
It's a shame what happened to Brendan Fraser. He obviously went through some tough times.
I grew up on those Mummy movies.

Personally though, I don't think they're totally separate forms of hair loss. Most guys experience diffuse shedding to a relative degree but they have thick hair so it doesn't get as bad.
Even diffuse hair loss can eventually evolve into typical MPB characteristics.

I think as Danny Roddy has talked about in his videos, there are multiple factors contributing to MPB. I think the initial hair loss (from parathyroid) becomes permanent with elevated serotonin (prolactin reflects serotonin levels) and then there's fibrosis.

Goobz

I think hair loss is so difficult to reverse, because imo it's an example of programmed aging. The whole thing is too well orchestrated by the body to be some minor accident. See Josh Mitteldorf's blog on this for a good simple summary of this theory.

There are many examples in different species of certain traits that greatly benefit mating and reproduction in younger years, which also accelerate decline in older years. And hair loss (and the hormonal profile that causes it - DHT? Something else?) in humans seems to fit this bill. When young it causes bigger muscles, deeper voice, exaggerated sex characteristics etc.

This part is pure speculation from me - but if you look up the celebrities who went bald when they were young, many of them were extremely alpha male types that would have had loads of sex. Then in older age, with their reproductive mission well completed, they dont need their beautiful luscious locks any longer.

Last edited:

Ableton

If only I had found out about this forum 10 years earlier, I am positive I would have kept a decent head of hair well within my thirties. Keeping hair is so much easier than regrowth it’s not even funny.
******* main stream hairloss forums giving shitty advice when most of what I had to do to rapidly slow it was eating more cal in clean food, getting sun and perhaps hopping on cypro depending on gut. I will prob give up the fight in 6 months if I still don’t have any regrowth and focus on health exclusively, which means in my case continuing what I do but dropping minox

mrchibbs

No kidding.

10 years ago I had no problems whatsoever, although they were just around the corner. I wish I’d known even a few basic things with regards to my physiology and stress.

Contrary to the title of this thread, avoiding milk was probably my worst mistake, along with the lack of sunshine, too little dietary protein, etc. compounded over several years.

It’s a hard lesson to learn, but there a few really young adults on this forum, I hope they will fix their problems, the earlier you catch it the easier it is.

Heck when you think that sunshine and some aspirin are probably all it takes to stop deleterious processes say if you’re 20 or so. Of course, you still the basics like friends, purpose, good environment, but the therapies in of themselves are so simple.

GreekDemiGod

Heck when you think that sunshine and some aspirin are probably all it takes to stop deleterious processes
If someone is stuck indoors during the quarantine and doesn't get much sun, would you say supplementing D3 would suffice, for the time being?
I've also read somewhere that getting sun is most important during the morning / first part of the day, it was related to circadian rythim synchronization.

mrchibbs

If someone is stuck indoors during the quarantine and doesn't get much sun, would you say supplementing D3 would suffice, for the time being?
I've also read somewhere that getting sun is most important during the morning / first part of the day, it was related to circadian rythim synchronization.

D3 supplementation is necessary to be on the safe side, but doesn’t come close to replacing sunshine. In some people, D levels stay low despite heavy supplementation. You really need maximum exposure and active skin to metabolize D, and we don’t yet understand the full workings of vitamin D and sunshine. The problem is stressed people can get wrinkles / lipofuscin in just a few hours from sun damage. Vitamin E protects against this. Minerals like zinc, copper seem to be also involved in tanning of the skin. And yes, ideally, getting sunlight as soon as the sun is up is most natural, but the warm, red evening sun is also really beneficial.

Ableton

In my experience supplememting d doesn’t come close. Or any supps for that matter. Just take 30 minutes every day to sit topless in the sun (if you are not getting goods amount otherwise). Stand in a window if you cannot leave home
It’s not even funny what effect this has. Think about how unnatural it is for us to get so little sun, or to stay indoors all day
My protocol involved getting sun for 30m-1h between 2 and 4.30 pm, so I doubt morning sun matters for me

Ableton

@Ableton It must be years since last time I've sat shirtless in the sun.
Yeah it sucks to even find a place where you can do that :D i awkwardly stand in front of a window while listening to music haha. But I guess topless is like 2-3 times as much skin exposed than in a tshirt. Rip me when I start working in corporate in a couple months

is it true that sun lowers prolactin btw?

mrchibbs

@Ableton It must be years since last time I've sat shirtless in the sun.

Trust me, find ways to remedy that. I didn't take it seriously for years, but as @Ableton mentions it is possibly the most potent thing we can do. Spending lots of time shirtless outdoors, and it seems that sweating also helps to synthesize vitamin D. A lot of people who shower right after going outside don't get any tanning and their vit D levels don't go up.

I remember Rob from Perfect Hair Health mentioning how he made it a priority to get sunshine every day, well he does live in SF, but there is a reason
Danny Roddy talks about ''moving to Hawaii'' to fix serious problems.

The ideal is an apartment with roof access, or living in a warm place. At this point with the health troubles I've thought often about moving someplace sunny and warm, at least a couple months out of the year, or during winter for example. Hair loss is a serious sign of things going wrong, and I don't want to spend the rest of my life in a compromised state of health/energy.

Hair loss, like obesity or hypertension, should be taken seriously, as an indication of a systemic metabolic problem. The metabolism of the hair follicle contains clues to aging, tissue regeneration, and cancer. Milk contains multiple factors that lower parathyroid hormone, and other stress-related hormones. - Ray Peat, Adaptogenic Milk, September 2017

GreekDemiGod

@mrchibbs Definitely gonna pay more attention to it.
Wondering why specifically shirtless? Is it to cover a bigger skin surface area? Doesn't just exposing your arms, neck, head, legs suffice?

mrchibbs

Wondering why specifically shirtless? Is it to cover a bigger skin surface area? Doesn't just exposing your arms, neck, head, legs suffice?

Yeah, the more skin is exposed the more surface can synthesize vitamin D. I'm sure arms, neck, head, legs would be fine for someone who's already healthy and just as maintenance, but if you want to reverse problems, you have to make it a priority to get a lot of sun without burning. (saturated fats in the diet + vitamin E, aspirin etc. help to prevent burning)

More surface area = more exposure = less time needed. In my experience the best way to get sun exposure is to move around - the tan comes more easily this way. Somebody here on the forum noted that vitamin D synthesizes more quickly and efficiently when skin gets sun exposure in short bursts, but don't quote me on that. Going by personal experience it feels better, and there's less chance of a sunburn. Lymph circulation is better also. Or just sit in the sun and read something.

Last edited:

Ableton

if I could live my live again I would work towards a job that let's me be in nature tbh.
imagine being in forests or natural reserves or even parks the whole day, moving around, getting sun, accomplishing microtasks, all the calmness yet the dopamine... ****.......all the dudes I know who work outside in nature (winemakers, gardeners) seem so ******* well rounded, happy, and all have hair, often despite bad genetics
wanna bet some of us would keep their hair longer with a lifestyle like this?

Ableton

Yeah, the more skin is exposed the more surface can synthesize vitamin D. I'm sure arms, neck, head, legs would be fine for someone who's already healthy and just as maintenance, but if you want to reverse problems, you have to make it a priority to get a lot of sun without burning. (saturated fats in the diet + vitamin E, aspirin etc. help to prevent burning)

yeah obviously. if i had a completely private place i would go naked lol

mrchibbs

yeah obviously. if i had a completely private place i would go naked lol

So would I lol. I remember a couple years ago I went to see friends in Morocco, and simply swimming in the ocean for 20 minutes at sundown on a dirty beach, felt like heaven. At that point I had gone many years without swimming outside and/or exposing my skin to sunshine.

It's so basic and simple, and we can easily forget it. Sun is life.

mrchibbs

More surface area = more exposure = less time needed. In my experience the best way to get sun exposure is to move around - the tan comes more easily this way. Somebody here on the forum noted that vitamin D synthesizes more quickly and efficiently when skin gets sun exposure in short bursts, but don't quote me on that. Going by personal experience it feels better, and there's less chance of a sunburn. Lymph circulation is better also. Or just sit in the sun and read something.

Just sitting in the sun is nice, but I agree anecdotally it is not nearly as easy to tan that way. The best way is to do some activities outside in the sun.
I have very fair complexion (white) but when I was about 15 I spent my entire summer either playing basketball or swimming in a pool.
By the end of it I was darker than everyone at my school and all my friends were dumbfounded at how dark I was, especially since I didn't go anywhere.
I've never come close to that level of sun exposure in the decade+ since. Perhaps the genesis of all my health issues isn't so complicated after all.

mrchibbs

if I could live my live again I would work towards a job that let's me be in nature tbh.
imagine being in forests or natural reserves or even parks the whole day, moving around, getting sun, accomplishing microtasks, all the calmness yet the dopamine... ****.......all the dudes I know who work outside in nature (winemakers, gardeners) seem so ******* well rounded, happy, and all have hair, often despite bad genetics
wanna bet some of us would keep their hair longer with a lifestyle like this?

I totally concur. I've been in graduate school for several years, and although I'm almost finished, I think I'll pivot my life towards outdoor work. Can't let my self get sick for the upcoming decades.

I've been quite ill for 2+ years and outside of computer work, I have done almost nothing. I may get a part-time job working in a field or some place like that during the summer, just to be exposed to sunlight everyday.

baccheion

Just sitting in the sun is nice, but I agree anecdotally it is not nearly as easy to tan that way. The best way is to do some activities outside in the sun.
I have very fair complexion (white) but when I was about 15 I spent my entire summer either playing basketball or swimming in a pool.
By the end of it I was darker than everyone at my school and all my friends were dumbfounded at how dark I was, especially since I didn't go anywhere.
I've never come close to that level of sun exposure in the decade+ since. Perhaps the genesis of all my health issues isn't so complicated after all.
Many notice such an ability to tan when serum 25(OH)D is higher. Maybe some should use a vitamin D supplement, even if just as a temporary booster.

Ableton

same, when I was that age I was playing tennis and soccer daily outside. Looking back at pics I looked like im Spanish or something, though im German

anyways, maybe we overestimate it a little. are people living in sunny conditions that much healthier on average? i don't know. maybe this just accounts to a certain % of people

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals