Milk Causes Hairloss!

They’ll only be in in rather small amounts. Sourdough is the best vehicle for salted butter, isn’t it? Cronometer has all 3 (Mg,Ca,P) around 600-800mg. No biggies.

yeah our hair love sugar and oxygen. I should do more cardio now that I don’t care much about lifting hard anymore.

GenericName86

You seem quite knowledgeable Milkbased, you've been contributing a lot to these hair loss threads, what are your thoughts on shbg in relation to hair loss and health in general, what should we be aiming for? I've seen the argument go both ways.

SHBG is a vast topic, I err on the side of caution and associate low levels with insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome. On the other hand, very high levels could be a marker of xenoestrogens triggering its production in the liver, which incidentally overtly binds to androgens, which is a net negative. Soy estrogens anyone?
There’s a fine line between too low and too high. I’d rather work on insulin levels instead of spending $$$ tracking SHBG.

speaking of insulin resistance... which imo is caused by intracellular calcification... looks like we might have a strong offender here?

High phosphorus diet induces vascular calcification, a related decrease in bone mass and changes in the aortic gene expression. - PubMed - NCBI

good old phosphorus. Oh my high protein diets! Vascular calcification certainly ain’t good news for our scalps, and hmmm more intimate arteries.

Summer

They’ll only be in in rather small amounts. Sourdough is the best vehicle for salted butter, isn’t it? Cronometer has all 3 (Mg,Ca,P) around 600-800mg. No biggies.

yeah our hair love sugar and oxygen. I should do more cardio now that I don’t care much about lifting hard anymore.

Sorry but in another thread was it you who said excess sugar intake causes insulin resistance and thus should be limited to a quart of milk? I’m confused hah. What about fruit? How do you hit enough calories?

Sorry but in another thread was it you who said excess sugar intake causes insulin resistance and thus should be limited to a quart of milk? I’m confused hah. What about fruit? How do you hit enough calories?

Yeah, excess sugar without nutrients. Excess PUFAs. Milk and fruit have nutrients and no PUFAs, but milk has a lot of calcium and phosphorus sans magnesium.

calories are mostly from sat fat

Summer

Yeah, excess sugar without nutrients. Excess PUFAs. Milk and fruit have nutrients and no PUFAs, but milk has a lot of calcium and phosphorus sans magnesium.

calories are mostly from sat fat

Ah gotcha. Thanks. So you don’t do eggs?

I’m trying to go super basic for a few weeks. Been tweaking and tweaking: calcium enriched OJ, coconut milk, collagen, very high fat beef, salted butter. I’m actually trying low sugar for once, and protein around 100g for the first time in 8 years of lifting weights (!), just to see if that all fixes excess sebum. Although I’m actually blaming dairy for that. I can’t remember having magnesium higher than both phosphorus & calcium ever, so that’s also new. Supplementing it, of course.

Last edited:

Summer

Hopefully it goes well. At the very least that sounds like a super enjoyable diet to be on!

Ableton

Sadly Hairloss is so complex. No case fits all

1) Mechanical Stress (Poor cranial development). Forward tilted neck and pulled Galea. Slow Norwood recession.
norwood-7-left-galea-right.png
galeatension.jpg

2) Hormonal(Diffuse). Intack Hairline. Rapid thinning.
Brendan-Frasier-hair-loss.jpg

3) Androgenic: Calcification, Excessive Bone growth, Interceullars calcium.
Steriods-and-hairloss-1000x600.jpg

Brutal

I am literally a mix of all three lol.
1. Lower two thirds are good, I have good bones there. But my egg head shape ***** my hair and my neck is stiff. My posture sucks
2. I started diffusing when I got hypo.
3. I started balding more rapidly when I lifted hard. I also got more calcified in that timeframe. Those forehead veins could have been mine.

I'm having some progress by fixing 1 with yogaish exercises, 2 with peating, and 3 with an anti calcification protocol and stopping to lift as excessively. So there is ***t that can be done

I am literally a mix of all three lol.
1. Lower two thirds are good, I have good bones there. But my egg head shape ***** my hair and my neck is stiff. My posture sucks
2. I started diffusing when I got hypo.
3. I started balding more rapidly when I lifted hard. I also got more calcified in that timeframe. Those forehead veins could have been mine.

I'm having some progress by fixing 1 with yogaish exercises, 2 with peating, and 3 with an anti calcification protocol and stopping to lift as excessively. So there is ***t that can be done
I'm pretty much the same: poor neck posture - forward head type, diffuse thinning when was hypothyroid, stiff neck and upper trap area. Lifting hard probably accelerates it, not completely sure about that. Although have to admit, regular squatting deadlifting and standing military presses actually improved the posture. Face-pulls helped a lot too. Can you have some info on the yoga exercises you do?

Last edited:

Ableton

I'm pretty much the same: poor neck posture - forward head type, diffuse thinning when was hypothyroid, stiff neck and upper trap area. Lifting hard probably accelerates it, not completely sure about that. Although have to admit, regular squatting deadlifting and standing military presses actually improved the posture. Face-pulls helped a lot too. Can you have some info on the yoga exercises you do?

thing about my posture is that people will say its good because i have muscles and it looks good, but im hard everywhere. also i use a fascia roll

GreekDemiGod

I'm pretty much the same: poor neck posture - forward head type
@Vladimir Erfán You have to do mewing and chin tucking for this. Check out Mike Mew on Youtube. Also train your rear delts, helps a lot with posture.
If you lift weights, make sure your pulling volume is much higher than your pushing volume. Gotta row for the hoes.:cool:
Also test your hamstrings flexibility. This greatly affects the lower back.
Be very mindful of your posture when using your smartphone, too. Don't tilt your head down, instead bring the phone up to your eyes level.

GreekDemiGod

Here's an anecdote for you all. Both my father and my grandfather drank plenty of raw, fresh cow milk both in childhood, and in adulthood. They were NW1-1.5 till the end of their lives, full head of hair.

baccheion

Here's an anecdote for you all. Both my father and my grandfather drank plenty of raw, fresh cow milk both in childhood, and in adulthood. They were NW1-1.5 till the end of their lives, full head of hair.
Do they have unfavorable genetics? Did others in the family experience recession? Doesn't say much unless it led to surviving bad predispositions.

mrchibbs

I absolutely concur. Danny Roddy has accumulated so much evidence (a lot of it via Ray of course) over the past 6-7 years since HLAF, of the importance of calcium and D3.

Personally, I stopped drinking milk around the age of 17 (thinking it was bad, and contributing to acne etc.) and slowly got less and less sun as my life shifted into university lifestyle/night shifts instead of playing basketball outside all day. Add to that, I wasn't eating my mom's food anymore, but rather PUFA laden fast food garbage (the prostaglandins from the PUFAs cause the initial inflammation of the scalp)

So basically, over the course of 2-3 years I shed a lot of hair without noticing it too much (because I had such thick hear to begin with). But since my vitamin D levels and calcium were probably extremely low, my parathyroid must have been really elevated, leading to hair loss every hair cycle (Ray has written about how parathyroid causes hair loss in his Sept 2017 newsletter), and after a bout of extreme psychological stress, I had massive sheds diffusely when I was 21, which made me lose the vast majority of the hair in a diffuse way. Back then people were saying, oh this isn't MPB, it's just massive stress. The problem is, over the ensuing years my scalp took on the specific MPB characteristics of fibrosis, scarring and egg shape. If you don't fix the problem within a year or so, the scalp goes through pathological changes and it becomes harder and harder to reverse.

There is a reason why Danny recommends milk and sunshine (D3) for young people (people in very early stages of hair loss). I firmly believe if you drink milk every night, and you never forget to go out in the sun and maintain vitamin D levels, you can arrest hair loss completely. Especially if you take an aspirin daily, with K2. Parathyroid (and prolactin) can be suppressed completely with high enough D levels and regular calcium.

At the core it's simple to stop hair loss, but much more involved to undo the damage. It's like a sprained ankle that never healed properly. And if your scalp is in such bad fibrotic condition, you can bet other tissues in your body are similarly damaged. It's a serious warning.

rei

And just like a sprained ankle, also hairloss can be healed with physical therapy. The problem is not in the ankle or the scalp. The problem is in the fascia tensioning these two, and the solution is to re-route the fascial tension into balance. When the tension is resolved it allows for the cross-linking, adhesions and fibrosis to heal, after which the excess tension does not return even when the fascia is put under normal load.

Last edited:

mrchibbs

And just like a sprained ankle, also hairloss can be healed with physical therapy. The problem is not in the ankle or the scalp. The problem is in the fascia tensioning these two, and the solution is to re-route the fascial tension into balance. When the tension is resolved it allows for the cross-linking, adhesions and fibrosis to heal, after which the excess tension does not return even when the fascia is put under normal load.

I don't think physical therapy can fix things on its own. If the existing factors which cause the pathological changes are not remedied, you can massage all you want, it would be nearly impossible to get a reversal of hair loss. e.g. low thyroid function makes it impossible for tissues to relax, and a serotonergic state creates a constant neuromuscular excitation, etc.

I'm writing a blog post about this at the moment, but let's just say that physical therapy can be a powerful adjunct, and possibly necessary to see satisfying cosmetic regrowth.

@Vladimir Erfán You have to do mewing and chin tucking for this. Check out Mike Mew on Youtube. Also train your rear delts, helps a lot with posture.
If you lift weights, make sure your pulling volume is much higher than your pushing volume. Gotta row for the hoes.:cool:
Also test your hamstrings flexibility. This greatly affects the lower back.
Be very mindful of your posture when using your smartphone, too. Don't tilt your head down, instead bring the phone up to your eyes level.
Yeah man thx for the tips. I addressed pretty much all of them, mewing for almost two years. :wink It's been along ride, and it's almost perfect now. Rear delt work was a game changer for the shoulders. My only issue now is my neck is pretty thick and stiff - have to stretch the ***t out of. Did a lot of head-banging in my teens an 20's to rock and metal - now I pay the price. :rockout

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals