Milk And Osteoporosis

Blinkyrocket

Hi, I'm new here, well I'm newly registered, I've been lurking for quite a while (if that's how you say it). And I'm wondering about this: http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/why-we- ... aging.html

I understand hormones and hypothyroidism cause the whole calcium leaching problem but, why does every website I go to say that the countries with the highest dairy consumption also have the highest incidence of bone diseases??? :(

I'll bet someone's already brought this up but I havent found it yet :/

tara

barbwirehouse

Isn't this just a myth spread around about milk just like "milk leeches calcium from your bones" crap?

You can search the medical peer-reviewed literature for more details - and for instance this much more recent study clearly describes how all the "acidic crap" theory is wrong:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22081694

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

Yeah, I thought it was just one of the myths, the one article says that when rabbits were given milk they became magnesium deficient and bow-legged. Idk if that's true or not though O_O

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

as a side note, my heart rate seems to drop when I drink milk, and I'm having a lot more palpitations nowadays (well, my heart forcefully beats, stops for a second, than goes again)

haidut

Forum Supporter
Blinkyrocket said:
as a side note, my heart rate seems to drop when I drink milk, and I'm having a lot more palpitations nowadays (well, my heart forcefully beats, stops for a second, than goes again)

You are probably low on magnesium. When you eat higher doses of calcium your magnesium requirements go up as well. Palpitations are a classic sign of low magnesium.

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

haidut said:
Blinkyrocket said:

You are probably low on magnesium. When you eat higher doses of calcium your magnesium requirements go up as well. Palpitations are a classic sign of low magnesium.

That's what I thought, I've been drinking chocolate milk and it seems to help. I haven't been able to go to the store and therefore haven't been drinking orange juice for quite awhile now and I think it's made a difference. Also, I'm really craving orange juice lol.

Ukall

I think this is only a problem when Ca doesn't have sufficient "support staff" on hand i.e. Mg, K2, D3.
I see...
Well, reading his hypothesis is like reading posts from @tyw or @haidut for example. I can understand the basis of it, however, I am still too newbie to understand it on real scientific terms.

bodacious

This seems to be based on a couple of points: a) Rate of living theory, and b) that estrogen is protective.

I think Ray and others on this forum have made a strong case that both of those points are incorrect.

haidut

Forum Supporter
This seems to be based on a couple of points: a) Rate of living theory, and b) that estrogen is protective.

I think Ray and others on this forum have made a strong case that both of those points are incorrect.

Look at bats, flamingos and some species of birds - i.e. extremely high metabolism and extremely long lifespan compared to other similar species. So, it's not just our argument, nature has enough evidence by itself. Also, babies, which are more resilient to disease and toxins than adults have much much higher metabolism and CO2 levels in the first year after birth. Then it starts to decline but the effects are still positive until about the age of 12 years which is the point at which humans have the lower mortality. Ray wrote about this in one of his articles. But it is again metabolism related. Finally, look at people under stress, they ALL look about 20 years older than their chronological age. Cortisol can produce all of the effects of aging when it is chronically elevated. Prolactin can achieve almost the same effects.

bodacious

Look at bats, flamingos and some species of birds - i.e. extremely high metabolism and extremely long lifespan compared to other similar species. So, it's not just our argument, nature has enough evidence by itself. Also, babies, which are more resilient to disease and toxins than adults have much much higher metabolism and CO2 levels in the first year after birth. Then it starts to decline but the effects are still positive until about the age of 12 years which is the point at which humans have the lower mortality. Ray wrote about this in one of his articles. But it is again metabolism related. Finally, look at people under stress, they ALL look about 20 years older than their chronological age. Cortisol can produce all of the effects of aging when it is chronically elevated. Prolactin can achieve almost the same effects.
This would be my interpretation of things too. My comment was in relation to the Excessive Calcium Causes Osteoporosis article. It seems to be based on some really sketchy assumptions.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals