Milk And Chocolate Giving Me Acne?

Inaut

I love milk and chocolate but I may need to leave them alone for a while :( I'm getting painful, deep acne. I look like Rudolph the reindeer right now :( :(

Any ways to minimize it without giving them up?????Can i still eat cocoa butter ?

Arrade

I love milk and chocolate but I may need to leave them alone for a while :( I'm getting painful, deep acne. I look like Rudolph the reindeer right now :( :(

Any ways to minimize it without giving them up?????Can i still eat cocoa butter ?
I've never gotten acne from Milk. I'm guessing you don't digest it well?
Vit D is usally really good for skin and even supplemented for psoriasis

OP
Inaut

Inaut

i take about 4000iu of d daily. could it be the chocolate then? I've been eating my little heart out lately...

Arrade

i take about 4000iu of d daily. could it be the chocolate then? I've been eating my little heart out lately...
Are you getting K?
Maybe the chocolate is the more likely culprit

OP
Inaut

Inaut

i take liver once a week. probably more then i enjoy eating in a sitting but....

Travis

This is no surprise, as these are the two most notorious foods for inducing acne. Dairy products have both IGF-1 and androgens, the two hormone classes most highly involved in the the condition. Both of these hormones will increase the activity of the transcription factor steroid regulatory element binding protein (SREBP), leading to new enzymatic expression and an increase in cholesterol and wax ester synthesis. Monsanto's recombinant bovine growth hormone has been shown to increase milk IGF-1 fourfold, and subsequent homogenization could be expected to trap this protein within liposomes. Chocolate has stearic acid, which is a long chained saturated fatty acid with a high melting point. As far as I can tell: the increased viscosity of sebum subsequent of SREBP activity can lead to a whitehead, a the clogged pore could become inflamed should it happen to trap bacteria. There is quite a bit of evidence for this scenario, and nothing has been epidemiologically correlated more than IGF-1 and androgens. These two hormones also induce the very same lipid changes in vitro, both in composition and synthesis rate, that are observed in comedogenic sebum.

Arrade

This is no surprise, as these are the two most notorious foods for inducing acne. Dairy products have both IGF-1 and androgens, the two hormone classes most highly involved in the the condition. Both of these hormones will increase the activity of the transcription factor steroid regulatory element binding protein (SREBP), leading to new enzymatic expression and an increase in cholesterol and wax ester synthesis. Monsanto's recombinant bovine growth hormone has been shown to increase milk IGF-1 fourfold, and subsequent homogenization could be expected to trap this protein within liposomes. Chocolate has stearic acid, which is a long chained saturated fatty acid with a high melting point. As far as I can tell: the increased viscosity of sebum subsequent of SREBP activity can lead to a whitehead, a the clogged pore could become inflamed should it happen to trap bacteria. There is quite a bit of evidence for this scenario, and nothing has been epidemiologically correlated more than IGF-1 and androgens. These two hormones also induce the very same lipid changes in vitro, both in composition and synthesis rate, that are observed in comedogenic sebum.
Finally Monsanto did something right. Love me some IGF-1

OP
Inaut

Inaut

:( :( i even tried switching to goat milk :( :( i guess it's time for me to give up the ghost.........

Arrade

:( :( i even tried switching to goat milk :( :( i guess it's time for me to give up the ghost.........
I seriously drank one gallon of whole cow's milk for 4 months without acne problems...
My entire family drinks mainly milk with no issue

OP
Inaut

Inaut

ok.. ill try no chocolate first and see what happens.. i like milk alot....

Runenight201

Finally Monsanto did something right. Love me some IGF-1

You a bodybuilder? That'd be the only reason to like IGF-1. Isn't it implicated in cancer?

I tried goat's milk to no avail also. Milk is good but so is not having oily skin and acne lol. Def start eating greens you find tasty and some coconut should probably help too.

Arrade

You a bodybuilder? That'd be the only reason to like IGF-1. Isn't it implicated in cancer?

I tried goat's milk to no avail also. Milk is good but so is not having oily skin and acne lol. Def start eating greens you find tasty and some coconut should probably help too.
I like to weight train, not really a bodybuilder though. too boring
Ray Peat actually says igf-1 is a good thing, its actually when it drops that people start getting cancer

Perhaps the increased test and igf-1 isn't being utilized by you all through exercise?

Arrade

Well actually it cant be the igf causing acne if Goat's milk also does the same
I would think that its related to how well you digest it

Runenight201

I engage in calisthenics, and if anything I'm too androgenic/sensitive to IGF-1. Very easy for me to gain muscle/fat, and get acne as well.

Ah so I think I've nailed it then if goat's milk has lower levels of IGF-1 then cow's. For me, I'm very sensitive to androgens, as I get oily/acne/smell foul from eating meat as well.

Travis

Sugar breaks me out if I use too much.
Especially canned soda

Jesus, just imagine what bottled soda would do? I feel the association with dairy is so strong that it makes very little sense to deny it, and I have seen no evidence that glucose or fructose induces acne:

Vora, S. "Correlation of facial sebum to serum insulin‐like growth factor‐1 in patients with acne." British Journal of Dermatology (2008)

'Acne is a disease found only in humans and is associated with sebaceous gland hyperactivity. It occurs at the same time as sebaceous gland development, i.e. increased sebum production coincides with adrenarche. Sebum has been shown to be comedogenic and can cause inflammation when injected cutaneously. Androgens play an important role in increasing the sebaceous gland size, stimulating sebum production and stimulating keratinocyte proliferation in the pilosebaceous unit. Several studies have shown that elevated levels of serum androgens correlate with overproduction of sebum and acne.' ―Vora

acne.png

'In addition to androgen in the serum, it is known that insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) levels correlate with severity of acne in women. Serum IGF-1 levels are also known to be the highest during puberty, which is when sebum production begins and this coincides with the occurrence of acne. A recent paper indicates that this upregulation is mediated by the protein kinase B/inositol triphosphate/SREBP-1 pathway.' ―Vora

Smith, Terry. "IGF-1 induces SREBP-1 expression and lipogenesis in SEB-1 sebocytes via activation of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathway." Journal of investigative dermatology (2008)
Danby, William. "Acne and milk, the diet myth, and beyond." Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology (2005)
Cordain, Loren. "Acne vulgaris: a disease of Western civilization." Archives of dermatology (2002)

Arrade

Jesus, just imagine what bottled soda would do? Perhaps you should go convince all the people who stopped eating dairy, started eating more fruit, and had completely got rid of acne that they're delusional? You could also write notes to the editors of the articles below that scientists are confabulating data. The association with dairy is so strong that it makes very little sense to deny it:

Vora, S. "Correlation of facial sebum to serum insulin‐like growth factor‐1 in patients with acne." British Journal of Dermatology (2008)

'Acne is a disease found only in humans and is associated with sebaceous gland hyperactivity. It occurs at the same time as sebaceous gland development, i.e. increased sebum production coincides with adrenarche. Sebum has been shown to be comedogenic and can cause inflammation when injected cutaneously. Androgens play an important role in increasing the sebaceous gland size, stimulating sebum production and stimulating keratinocyte proliferation in the pilosebaceous unit. Several studies have shown that elevated levels of serum androgens correlate with overproduction of sebum and acne.' ―Vora

View attachment 10846

'In addition to androgen in the serum, it is known that insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) levels correlate with severity of acne in women. Serum IGF-1 levels are also known to be the highest during puberty, which is when sebum production begins and this coincides with the occurrence of acne. A recent paper indicates that this upregulation is mediated by the protein kinase B/inositol triphosphate/SREBP-1 pathway.' ―Vora

Smith, Terry. "IGF-1 induces SREBP-1 expression and lipogenesis in SEB-1 sebocytes via activation of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathway." Journal of investigative dermatology (2008)
Danby, William. "Acne and milk, the diet myth, and beyond." Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology (2005)
Cordain, Loren. "Acne vulgaris: a disease of Western civilization." Archives of dermatology (2002)
I think we got a high estrogen person over here! :therethere

How about me drinking tons of milk and not having any acne from it?
But when I drink a sprite or coke I get acne?

I could point to a lot of people with minimal acne but when they drink high fructose corn syrup high preservative citric acid gunk they get acne.
I guess what happens in real life doesn't matter though, in fact I'm lying and I have a ton of acne from my homogenized milk! It was all a scam to support the dairy industry!!

TheHound

not that I completely recommend it but have you tried any antibiotics? I used to break out semi frequently on my face and back since the age of 12 (im 23 now). got prescribed amoxicillin for a throat infection a couple months ago and it had the pleasant side effect of eliminating my acne 100% everywhere. I told my doctor about it and he prescribed me some doxycycline which i now take 1-2 times week when I feel it's necessary. maybe try some of the "natural antibiotics" often recommended here first like the carrot salad, activated charcoal, higher dose niacinamide, aspirin, ceylon cinnamon etc. etc. I try to take at least one of these on the days i don't take a doxy tablet and it's kept me pretty much 100% acne free since

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals