Mild Thiamine Deficiency In Man

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
1942 Study-

Observations on induced thiamine deficiency, placed 11 women on diets which provided 0.22 mg. of thiamine for each 1000 calories.

This allowance was five and a half times greater than that given during their earlier studies and was selected to produce a milder type of deficiency compared to that which might be encountered
more frequently in the general population.

Caloric intakes were adapted to the requirements of each subject and moderate activity was permitted.

The periods of low thiamine allowance mere continued for 89 to 196 days

[Symptoms]
During this time all subjects showed definite changes of personality.
Irritable
Depressed
Quarrelsome and uncooperative
Two threatened suicide.
All became inefficient in their work
Forgetful
Lost manual dexterity.
Their hands and feet frequently felt numb.
Headaches
Backaches
Sleeplessness
Sensitivity to noises were noted
The subjects fatigued easily
Constipation was the rule, but no impairment
Anorexia
Nausea
Vomiting
Epigastric distress were frequently observed.
Low blood pressure and vasomotor instability
mere present in all patients.
At rest, pulse rates were low (55 to 6O per minute) but
tachycardia followed moderate exertion.
Fasting blood sugar was often abnormally high.

[Recovery Notes]
When additions of thiamine were made to the diet, the above manifestations disappeared gradually and a sense of well-being returned. Apparent improvement, however, was not so rapid as it had been with the more severe degrees of thiamine deficiency studied.

Attachments

• 1942 - Mild Thiamine Deficiency in Man.pdf
    261.7 KB · Views: 49
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Whichway?

They didn’t say how much was used to replete the subjects.

What is a reasonable supplement regime for Thiamin? How much and for how long?

Experienced

They didn’t say how much was used to replete the subjects.

What is a reasonable supplement regime for Thiamin? How much and for how long?
there is no known toxicity with Thiamine so you can megadose it. I wouldn`t go further then 1 Gram in a 4 - 5 hour window each time a day.

you could also go low and use 400mg or 200mg or 500 mg and see what you`ll feel also the same window counts for this dosing. don`t overdo when using Dietary supplements.

upload_2020-11-10_11-43-27.png

Coderr

I will start using a mega dose of thiamine. What supplements should I use with thiamine? I know one of them is magnesium? What else?

Experienced

I will start using a mega dose of thiamine. What supplements should I use with thiamine? I know one of them is magnesium? What else?
You could combine it with low dose B2 riboflavin phosphate, Low dose b6 pyridoxal phosphate. When I say low dose which I'm speaking about 10MG

Also you could combine it with Niacinamide those are all good maybe a little Vitamin A.

stsfut

Imbalance of Vitamin B Factors

I’m actually convinced that a couple years of megadosing B1 has created an imbalance as I have been showing B6 definciency symptoms.
-High prolactin
-Sudden seborrheic dermatitis all
over face
-man boobs

I haven’t taken tests to prove this but I have since stopped the B1.

Experienced

Imbalance of Vitamin B Factors

I’m actually convinced that a couple years of megadosing B1 has created an imbalance as I have been showing B6 definciency symptoms.
-High prolactin
-Sudden seborrheic dermatitis all
over face
-man boobs

I haven’t taken tests to prove this but I have since stopped the B1.
You could easily dose up on P5P Pyridoxal 5 phosphate just a 10MG dose that's all daily or use Energin from IdealabsDC

stsfut

I have been taking 25mg p5p since then as well. Too early to say but have seen slight improvements.

Vileplume

Beef liver has just 16% of the RDI for thiamine per 100g meaning you'd have to eat 630g just to reach the RDI giving you 6½ thousand x the RDI for vitamin A and 10 thousand x the RDI for copper

Hopefully liver is not your only source of thiamine, so you wouldn’t need to eat 630g of it, but if a person is supplementing thiamine they should def be consuming liver too due to the other nutrients it provides. As part of a balanced diet :):

IVILA

Hopefully liver is not your only source of thiamine, so you wouldn’t need to eat 630g of it, but if a person is supplementing thiamine they should def be consuming liver too due to the other nutrients it provides. As part of a balanced diet :):
the thing I always question is... Even though if someone consumes a high protein diet, how come they aren't getting enough b vitamins as they are presenting with deficiency symptoms such as chronic forgetfulness, laziness, low energy, and inability to remember or recall? What may be causing the malabsorption, how long, and how to fix it?

Vileplume

the thing I always question is... Even though if someone consumes a high protein diet, how come they aren't getting enough b vitamins as they are presenting with deficiency symptoms such as chronic forgetfulness, laziness, low energy, and inability to remember or recall? What may be causing the malabsorption, how long, and how to fix it?
That’s a great question, and I haven’t solved many of those issues for myself, so I don’t have a definitive answer. I think it depends on a person’s history though. Coming from restriction, the deficiency might not only be in a certain vitamin or mineral, but in the body’s overall expenditure of energy. In this case, not only would adequate nutrition and protein be required, but adequate sugar and calories as well. Even still, it might take a while (6-8 months according to eating disorder institute) to get out of a starvation state.

Digestive issues could also be causing glucose to not be utilized properly, and could cause endotoxin, so even though a person is consuming adequate vitamins and minerals, until digestion improves, energy will not strengthen.