Mikhaila Peterson's Oral Fecal Microbiota Transplant Experiment

animalcule

Mikhaila Peterson encapsulated fecal slurry and swallowed it, curing her C. Diff infection. I haven't seen any posts about this.

Thoughts? Has anyone tried this or is anyone looking to try this?

I'm considering trying this to fix what I think is a decade of dysbiosis and very poor digestion (especially of starch and other plant matter).

boris

I wouldn't trust a single word out of her mouth. She lied throughout her whole public carreer.

Maljam

There are many reports of fecal transplants, even DIY home fecal transplants, curing things like c diff. I've not heard of doing it orally before though. :yuck:

I cant imagine orally would have benefits over rectally, thinking about how long digestion takes.

rei

So you are going to eat ***t? :D

At least the double encapsulation is pure placebo, as she states herself they must be consumed relatively quickly because just putting the liquid ion there starts to mush the capsules. So how delusional do you need to be to expect it to survive into the small intestine when bathed in gastric juices?

OP
A

animalcule

Check out the description box in the video. She links to a paper about a study done using oral FMT to cure c. Difficile. It was very effective, even on people who did not respond to FMT done ... anally.

OP
A

animalcule

She also tried traditional FMT, but it didn’t work bc the infection was in her upper intestines, not her lower, so going the bottom route wasn’t working.

boris

@dilantinoid I'm not saying they are bad people, but Mikhaila has been nothing but a liar. She lied to everyone's faces about her diet making it able for her and her father to stop all medications for their physical and mental health issues even though they were still taking them. Wasn't even batting an eye. [and scammed people out of money in the process]

Don't trust her if she says eating ***t cured her xyz.

tankasnowgod

Mikhaila Peterson encapsulated fecal slurry and swallowed it, curing her C. Diff infection. I haven't seen any posts about this.

Thoughts? Has anyone tried this or is anyone looking to try this?

I'm considering trying this to fix what I think is a decade of dysbiosis and very poor digestion (especially of starch and other plant matter).

Would not consider trying this. Biggest problem, even if the concept is 100% correct (and it may be....), the sourcing and handling of "The Material" would have to be done very well. This just ain't happening with the DIY home versions. You could very well be introducing something far worse. It's a total gamble if there would be any benefits, or none.

I have been having some good success with a no starch diet recently, and so have others, definitely a more pleasant experiment - My Starch Free And Zero Fiber Experiment

Beyond that, I would try either antibiotics, phages, or some of the more natural antibiotics, like Activated Charcoal, Flowers of Sulphur, Carrot, Bamboo Shoots, and what have you. Or, other things to fix digestion, like taurine and such.

Jessie

This sounds disgusting as hell. There's several steps in maintaining a relatively benign microbiome, but the two most important ones are A) producing enough stomach acid to digest meals, and B) keeping the small intestine as sterile as possible. I can't really see how this helps with either, and in regards to the latter, may actually make the situation worse.

I think tankasnowgod's perspective makes much more sense. Try charcoal or antibiotics, and/or reduce the amount of starch you're eating. Starch can be sneaky, even the so called "safe starches." Well cooked potatoes don't cause me any noticeable digestive stress, however my transit time does slow when I eat them, so pay attention to this when you eat starch. A slower transit time could eventually lead to problem if it's prolonged.

Risingfire

The Petersons are good people... correct about everything? No... but please stop.
Jordan probably. Mikhaila probably not. She has cheated on her husband and is currently pregnant with child of a man she says is demon possessed. Sounds like a nice person.

Last edited:

Tarmander

Liar or not, she is on the cutting edge here with FMT.

The possibilities of what FMT can potentially help are mind boggling...autism...alzheimer's...

laleto12

Honestly, this sounds as like a piece of cake to me since I have read in the book of Aajonus Vonderplanitz that he recommended eating "Fermented Horse Sh*t" to get E.Coli and various probiotic strains which he says help you :D (Also mentions anectodes of people trying it as well). You can find some weird stuff in some facebook or discord groups lol :D

OP
A

animalcule

Liar or not, she is on the cutting edge here with FMT.

The possibilities of what FMT can potentially help are mind boggling...autism...alzheimer's...

Yea, that’s why I’m surprised more people on here aren’t into this.

OP
A

animalcule

Would not consider trying this. Biggest problem, even if the concept is 100% correct (and it may be....), the sourcing and handling of "The Material" would have to be done very well. This just ain't happening with the DIY home versions. You could very well be introducing something far worse. It's a total gamble if there would be any benefits, or none.

I have been having some good success with a no starch diet recently, and so have others, definitely a more pleasant experiment - My Starch Free And Zero Fiber Experiment

Beyond that, I would try either antibiotics, phages, or some of the more natural antibiotics, like Activated Charcoal, Flowers of Sulphur, Carrot, Bamboo Shoots, and what have you. Or, other things to fix digestion, like taurine and such.

I’d try to find a gastro willing to experiment with me and get me a sample from a stool bank, if I did it.

As for eliminating or reducing starches — I’ve already tried that. I’ve even gone full carnivore for months. I have been on the dietary elimination/tweaking train for years. It’s only made me more sensitive to foods than I was before. I want off it. I’m looking for a solution, not something to avoid/reduce symptoms.

FMT seems promising, more so than antibiotics and charcoal.

c.diff is serious business, and hard to manage. Compared to the alternatives, she got lucky with just having to eat ***t.

shine

I wonder if people who are into "eating a**" are driven to do that because they want to optimize their microbiome lol.

GorillaHead

Please people do not try this. You can get serious disease and infections from eating ***t. Prebiotics! And antibacterial diets should be the focus

OP
A

animalcule

Please people do not try this. You can get serious disease and infections from eating ***t. Prebiotics! And antibacterial diets should be the focus

If you’ve already got severe dysbiosis or c diff infection, prebiotics and diet are not going to do anything to help.

there are stool banks out there that test their samples for parasites and other sources of infection.

T

TheBeard

I’d try to find a gastro willing to experiment with me and get me a sample from a stool bank, if I did it.

As for eliminating or reducing starches — I’ve already tried that. I’ve even gone full carnivore for months. I have been on the dietary elimination/tweaking train for years. It’s only made me more sensitive to foods than I was before. I want off it. I’m looking for a solution, not something to avoid/reduce symptoms.

FMT seems promising, more so than antibiotics and charcoal.

Did carnivore make you feel better overall while you were stricly abiding by it?

Back
Top Bottom