Might Have To Remove Upper Wisdom Teeth

milk

I know the only thing Peat says about wisdom teeth is that extracting them seems to affect lab mice negatively in some study.

Ideally one would have the wisdom teeth all emerge. It makes for a better looking face. I believe the Orthotropics people and the Weston Price people are right on this one. It's probably not an exaggeration to say wisdom teeth removal is something of a scam. In normal circumstances it's not necessary.

But I have a retruded maxilla. The bottom wisdom teeth are emerging allright. The wisdom teeth all move without fail when I take cyproheptadine. The upper wisdom teeth though, there's not space for them to emerge.

The orthodontist I recently consulted with took a look at my panoramic x-ray scans and told me if they keep emerging I might lose one of my upper molars, as the wisdom tooth is about to "absorb its root".

It would be an interesting experiment to keep using cypro to see if my body finds a way of fitting the upper wisdom teeth somewhere. Peat says a good metabolism tends to symmetry, that bodily asymmetry can be healed. I do believe this is happening to my body. We know in this forum that with proper nutrition and supplementation the body is capable of much more than contemporary medicine would lead us to believe. And cyproheptadine seem to boost that process in my case.

But it would be risky too, wouldn't it, to keep taking the cypro in this case. Yet removing the wisdom teeth would be an irreversible procedure. Any suggestions?

OP
M

milk

Nevermind. I looked at the scans again. Webcam pic.

nX7CPK6.jpg

Doesn't look too good. I don't think there's any way those teeth will emerge correctly.

(As for the uncommon angle on my maxillary incisors, my orthodontists did it like that because of my class 3 malocclusion. It's probably contributing to the strange symptoms on my maxilla.)

I always take care of a tooth problem before it becomes painful. I learned my lesson. If that means extract, then I do that over root canal. In the case of WT, if they are impacted then it is inevitable. If they are not, it will still be painful when they push through the gums but they may or may not cause problems later, but they most likely will cause problems later so it's best to get it over with. Just pray to whatever you believe in that you don't get any dry sockets. But fear of dry sockets isn't an excuse to not extract.

The Pain May Not Stop After A Tooth Is Pulled, Something Really Bad. "Dry Socket. "

OP
M

milk

I always take care of a tooth problem before it becomes painful. I learned my lesson. If that means extract, then I do that over root canal. In the case of WT, if they are impacted then it is inevitable. If they are not, it will still be painful when they push through the gums but they may or may not cause problems later, but they most likely will cause problems later so it's best to get it over with. Just pray to whatever you believe in that you don't get any dry sockets. But fear of dry sockets isn't an excuse to not extract.

The Pain May Not Stop After A Tooth Is Pulled, Something Really Bad. "Dry Socket. "

Yeah, you're probably right. Thanks.

JohnA

I had my wisdom teeth removed in 2014 (when I was 25). If the pain bothers you consistently, I don't think you have much choice but to remove your wisdom teeth. My short-term recovery was pretty painless and I returned to work on the Monday following a Friday morning surgery.

Longer term, I think there were two negatives from my surgery:
1. Lowered body temps: Steve Richfield argues that your body views anesthetic surgery as a major traumatic event that can lower your temperature setpoint. I was already on a low metabolic path before the surgery (paleo, then low-cal vegan), but I definitely remember waking up from the surgery and feeling incredibly cold.

2. Increased snoring/sleep apnea: I had four of my back molars removed, shrinking the size of my jaw. According to the below website "Any amount of narrowing of your jaws creates less room for your tongue, and with muscle relaxation in deep sleep, you’ll stop breathing much more often. It’s bad enough that modern human’s jaws are shrinking more and more (due to a radical change in our diets and with bottle-feeding), but when you start to extract multiple teeth, you’re definitely going to have problems breathing. The back molars also act to support the soft tissues of your throat."
5 Common Procedures That Can Worsen Sleep Apnea

So in summary, I think you'll have to get wisdom teeth surgery eventually, but be aware of potential complications. Post surgery, try to stay warm to mitigate the impact of your temperature dropping. Regarding the resulting smaller jaw, I've had good results recently with SnoreRx, a sleep mouthpiece that opens your airway by pushing the bottom half of your jaw forward.

ABC

Hi milk, I've noticed you've posted a few times about teeth/jaw issues, and that you are familiar with Dr Mew's work. I am very interested in this topic. I was wondering if you have ever come across Dr Amir (also in the UK)?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals