Microplastics Found In 90 Percent Of Table Salt

Hugh Johnson

Salt samples from 21 countries in Europe, North and South America, Africa, and Asia were analyzed. The three brands that did not contain microplastics are from Taiwan (refined sea salt), China (refined rock salt), and France (unrefined sea salt produced by solar evaporation). The study was published this month in the journal Environmental Science & Technology.

In another indicator of the geographic density of plastic pollution, microplastics levels were highest in sea salt, followed by lake salt and then rock salt.

Microplastics found in 90 percent of table salt: potential health impacts?

Amazoniac

Thanks, this is interesting.
Where I live (not the preset location for new members, I need to change that) they are now making brooms for street sweepers out of discarded PET bottles believing it's an environmental-friendly move, a project approved by the government. Tut. Little they realize how difficult it is to remove from nature fine particles that are sanded each time the brooms are weared by the asphalt versus intact bottles. This insensibility doesn't extend to turtles: they know very well what's easier to avoid.

Last edited:

mujuro

Forum Supporter
They just got rid of plastic bags in two major grocery stores in Australia (Sydney, at least) and replaced them with paid options, one of which is plastic, because there’s too much plastic in the ocean. If only China and Indonesia and Africa felt the same way, then the ocean might have a chance.

somuch4food

They just got rid of plastic bags in two major grocery stores in Australia (Sydney, at least) and replaced them with paid options, one of which is plastic, because there’s too much plastic in the ocean. If only China and Indonesia and Africa felt the same way, then the ocean might have a chance.

In Quebec, Canada, for a while now plastic bags are a paid option at grocery stores. Recently, cities have started to ban the use of plastic bags.

I think we have a bigger problem with single portion plastic water bottles though. They are rising in popularity.

Herbie

Nothing’s changed except we pay for the bags now, crafty work. as if I remember every single time to bring the environmental bag while materialism is rampant.

It wasn’t until the 80s that the attitude towards the ocean was it was a bottomless pit and anything chucked in there would disappear.

I think countries in south east Asia still dump plastic in ocean, I observed this riding motor bikes around non tourist beach locations in southern Thailand. I’m tired of this attitude in Australia where we have to do all these environmental things at cost to the citizen like the 10 cent bottle scheme/scam. we have a small population and much of rest of the world isn’t really doing anything with much larger populations.

Arrade

Nothing’s changed except we pay for the bags now, crafty work. as if I remember every single time to bring the environmental bag while materialism is rampant.

It wasn’t until the 80s that the attitude towards the ocean was it was a bottomless pit and anything chucked in there would disappear.

I think countries in south east Asia still dump plastic in ocean, I observed this riding motor bikes around non tourist beach locations in southern Thailand. I’m tired of this attitude in Australia where we have to do all these environmental things at cost to the citizen like the 10 cent bottle scheme/scam. we have a small population and much of rest of the world isn’t really doing anything with much larger populations.

Herbie

Lol I used to go to an organic store and they didn’t have bags and bedrudgenly gave me a cardboard box and the box broke and I lost a liter of yogurt on the road. **** The forum won’t allow me to properly express my self.

Peater

Where does that come from? first time hearing about this

I forget where specifically I saw that, but it convinced me to pay UK prices for Morton salt

Here's a very brief clip of Ray - any pure salt should do and pickling salt is pure to stop cloudiness

Douglas Ek

Salt samples from 21 countries in Europe, North and South America, Africa, and Asia were analyzed. The three brands that did not contain microplastics are from Taiwan (refined sea salt), China (refined rock salt), and France (unrefined sea salt produced by solar evaporation). The study was published this month in the journal Environmental Science & Technology.

In another indicator of the geographic density of plastic pollution, microplastics levels were highest in sea salt, followed by lake salt and then rock salt.

Microplastics found in 90 percent of table salt: potential health impacts?

Theres microplastics everywhere. You cant get away from it. Everytime polyester is washed in a washing machin plastic fibers run out in water and collect in plants drinking the water goes to fish and animals etc. we need to just stop using plastic in general

mujuro

Forum Supporter

mujuro

Forum Supporter

Because people will surely follow our example! Or something like that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals