Alexanders

I found this very interesting thread that claim microdosing stimulants like amphetamine can long-term sensitize dopamine receptors
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Stims/comments/3mbp3n/be_very_careful_with_low_doses_of_stimulants/

In rats, dopaminergic supersensitivity from low-dosage stimulant exposure lasts at least 12 days, and in primates, this hypersensitivity been demonstrated to last at least 2.5 years postwithdrawal.

This means that very low doses of stimulants can permanently increase the brain's sensitivity to dopamine (by increasing dopamine receptors in the high sensitivity state). This can result in long-term increase of self-confidence, motivation and focus.”

It made me wounder if it’s possible to sensitize other receptors too, using other drugs, in a similar manner? For example would microdosing bensodiazepines sensitize GABA receptors?

OP
A

Alexanders

I find this comment interesting, it question the idea of microdosed induced sensitization:

”The concept of Adderall functioning as an antagonist at low doses and upregulating dopamine is just not real... Antagonists at low doses can function like agonists via upregulation, but low dose agonists do not function as antagonists... a really easy way to examine this is propylhexedrine is a trace amine agonist just like adderall, it is sold as a nasal decongestant, people use this in high doses to get an effect just like adderall, in the common intended doses used for nasal decongestion it is essentially equivalent to an adderall "microdose", and it doesnt cause any of those supposed effects.. This is all mass hysteria, and after reading about this theory for years ive come to the conclusion its a mixed Nocebo from a misinterpreted study and this guy had other things going on in his life at the time that made him think he caused "dopamine sensitivity" when in reality he just had downregulated dopamine... Plus the same guy said ritalin caused this but there is no possible mechanism a Dopamine reuptake inhibitor in low doses could ever cause dopamine upregulation like that, there are so many plants out there that contain low doses of dopamine reuptake inhibitors in the same potency as a "microdose" and people arent "ruining their brain" from doing this, for example, when one chews on coca leaf, or when someone takes Sabroxy, or phenylpiracetam, or saffron, or st johns wort, its like a "microdose" Its just not real folks...”

NewACC

I find this comment interesting, it question the idea of microdosed induced sensitization:

”The concept of Adderall functioning as an antagonist at low doses and upregulating dopamine is just not real... Antagonists at low doses can function like agonists via upregulation, but low dose agonists do not function as antagonists... a really easy way to examine this is propylhexedrine is a trace amine agonist just like adderall, it is sold as a nasal decongestant, people use this in high doses to get an effect just like adderall, in the common intended doses used for nasal decongestion it is essentially equivalent to an adderall "microdose", and it doesnt cause any of those supposed effects.. This is all mass hysteria, and after reading about this theory for years ive come to the conclusion its a mixed Nocebo from a misinterpreted study and this guy had other things going on in his life at the time that made him think he caused "dopamine sensitivity" when in reality he just had downregulated dopamine... Plus the same guy said ritalin caused this but there is no possible mechanism a Dopamine reuptake inhibitor in low doses could ever cause dopamine upregulation like that, there are so many plants out there that contain low doses of dopamine reuptake inhibitors in the same potency as a "microdose" and people arent "ruining their brain" from doing this, for example, when one chews on coca leaf, or when someone takes Sabroxy, or phenylpiracetam, or saffron, or st johns wort, its like a "microdose" Its just not real folks...”
I have been interested in this topic for a long time, but in the end I came to the conclusion that it is pointless or simply does not work like this...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals