Microclotting Causing Long COVID

@nejdev
"supposedly, microclotting wouldn’t be picked up by a d-dimer because a d-dimer picks up elevated levels of antiplasmin (which busts up clots) and the issue stems from lack of antiplasmin available to remove clots. I think that’s how it was explained in the video."

Do you remember anything about how to find that video? Or do you have an article saved that's a good summary about it?

Quick search found this...

Mayo Clinic D-Dimer, Plasma test information

"The specific degradation of fibrin (ie, fibrinolysis) is the reactive mechanism responding to the formation of fibrin. Plasmin is the fibrinolytic enzyme derived from inactive plasminogen. Plasminogen is converted into plasmin by plasminogen activators. The main plasminogen activators are tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) and pro-urokinase, which is activated into urokinase (UK) by, among others, the contact system of coagulation.

In the bloodstream, plasmin is rapidly and specifically neutralized by alpha-2-antiplasmin, thereby restricting its fibrinogenolytic activity and localizes the fibrinolysis on the fibrin clot. On the fibrin clot, plasmin degrades fibrin into various products (ie, D-dimers). Antibodies specific for these products, which do not recognize fibrinogen, have been developed. The presence of these various fibrin degradation products, among which D-dimer is the terminal product, is the proof that the fibrinolytic system is in action in response to coagulation activation.

Elevated D-dimer levels are found in association with disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC), pulmonary embolism (PE), deep vein thrombosis (DVT), trauma, and bleeding. D-dimer may also be increased in association with pregnancy, liver disease, malignancy, inflammation, or a chronic hypercoagulable state."

@nejdev So that looks like you got the plasmin and antiplasmin mixed around. Plasmin breaks up the fibrin clot into D-dimers, and antiplasmin (alpha-2-antiplasmin) limits that.

Last edited:

RealNeat

have you tried going back to basics? like taking temps, pulse, going over your daily nutrition (kcal, macros, micros, digestion) - im asking because reading the 30-40km/week you used to do is a red flag when looking at things from a peaty perspective
Thanks to you and @Rasaari for pointing out the running, that's the first thing I noticed. OP I'm guessing you know Rays perspective on endurance exercise?

First, I hope you find relief from your symptoms soon.

Second, you may say, "I've been running like that for a long time and gotten sick, nothing like this though."

To that I would say, you also mention you are a programmer. That (unless you are savvy to the effects) usually means a ton of blue light, which probably means disregulated circadian rhythms. Maybe you can get to sleep but you may not be getting a deep enough sleep or through all the cycles. Testing this could be accomplished by an easy HRV test and a sleep tracking app. And get some blue blockers.

Third, blue light is a non native EMF but so is pretty much everything else the computer puts out, are you sure something didn't ALSO change in your environment to accompany the symptoms. Yes the last year and a half has been crazy and a lot has changed, but I mean something you are newly exposed to in your daily living environment. New modem? New phone? New house? New office? New street lamp across the street? Better reception on your phone? New modem location... you get my drift.

I think it's really important to know exactly what's causing/ caused the symptoms, yes obviously it could be the thing being talked about all over the place, but IF it isn't, you could suffer needlessly for a long time.

Just keep the thought in the back of your head and be vigilant for anything odd you may notice around you and your daily doings.

I had chronic pain (down under) because of a concealed wireless phone modem under the desk I use at work. I'd stand there for hours each day. I brought in my EMF meter out of suspicion, and found it. My pain went away in about a week, placebo? I don't think so 2 other male co workers admitted to the same symptoms and their resolution. This was caused by a measly chordless work phone...

You never know what will break the camels back.

aliml

.Leech Therapy prevents and treats venous thrombosis and diffuse microthrombosis

RealNeat

.Leech Therapy prevents and treats venous thrombosis and diffuse microthrombosis
Nice blood letting is a potent healing modality, especially by leeches which have anti clotting factors. Second best is wet cupping.

Interesting. Also something a lot of people would probably be eager to try. :D Call it the medieval protocol.

OP
N

nejdev

Ye
@nejdev
"supposedly, microclotting wouldn’t be picked up by a d-dimer because a d-dimer picks up elevated levels of antiplasmin (which busts up clots) and the issue stems from lack of antiplasmin available to remove clots. I think that’s how it was explained in the video."

Do you remember anything about how to find that video? Or do you have an article saved that's a good summary about it?

Quick search found this...

Mayo Clinic D-Dimer, Plasma test information

"The specific degradation of fibrin (ie, fibrinolysis) is the reactive mechanism responding to the formation of fibrin. Plasmin is the fibrinolytic enzyme derived from inactive plasminogen. Plasminogen is converted into plasmin by plasminogen activators. The main plasminogen activators are tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) and pro-urokinase, which is activated into urokinase (UK) by, among others, the contact system of coagulation.

In the bloodstream, plasmin is rapidly and specifically neutralized by alpha-2-antiplasmin, thereby restricting its fibrinogenolytic activity and localizes the fibrinolysis on the fibrin clot. On the fibrin clot, plasmin degrades fibrin into various products (ie, D-dimers). Antibodies specific for these products, which do not recognize fibrinogen, have been developed. The presence of these various fibrin degradation products, among which D-dimer is the terminal product, is the proof that the fibrinolytic system is in action in response to coagulation activation.

Elevated D-dimer levels are found in association with disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC), pulmonary embolism (PE), deep vein thrombosis (DVT), trauma, and bleeding. D-dimer may also be increased in association with pregnancy, liver disease, malignancy, inflammation, or a chronic hypercoagulable state."

@nejdev So that looks like you got the plasmin and antiplasmin mixed around. Plasmin breaks up the fibrin clot into D-dimers, and antiplasmin (alpha-2-antiplasmin) limits that.
Yes correct, sorry about that. I linked the video in my original post, beginning of the thread. Thanks for digging this up. Well my d-dimers came back clear so.

aliml

Nice blood letting is a potent healing modality, especially by leeches which have anti clotting factors. Second best is wet cupping.
Wet cupping goes well with oral honey (contains salicylate) is synergistic.

Last edited:
K

Kayaker

It takes many leeches to get rid of a significant amount of iron though.

RealNeat

It takes many leeches to get rid of a significant amount of iron though.
Yes but it's not just about iron, it's also about elimination of toxins and inflammation from the blood/ body locally. This is why wet cupping works really well for localized issues. It can act as a detoxifying organ (which the skin is) to take burden off of regular detox organs. If I ever got force vaccinated or something crazy, I'd wet cup the area or leech immediately after.

David PS

K

Kayaker

It's not a replacement for donating blood...

Not a big fan of this guy but he made a good summary of it

View: https://youtu.be/UlDhJEjZZKM

Excess iron is one of the most inflammatory things. Iron can remain high despite regular blood donation because they only let you donate every 8 weeks.

I donated at least a gallon of blood, apparently for nothing because my iron is high and my erthyrocytes continued to rise. 8 weeks is more than enough time for some people to completely replenish their iron.

RealNeat

Excess iron is one of the most inflammatory things. Iron can remain high despite regular blood donation because they only let you donate every 8 weeks.

I donated at least a gallon of blood, apparently for nothing because my iron is high and my erthyrocytes continued to rise. 8 weeks is more than enough time for some people to completely replenish their iron.
I agree on that, then as Peat recommends natural iron chelators depending on the type of iron being consumed seem like a good idea for you.

K

Kayaker

I agree on that, then as Peat recommends natural iron chelators depending on the type of iron being consumed seem like a good idea for you.
Peat said that chelating heavy metals does harm because of moving them around and causing lipid peroxidation.

RealNeat

Peat said that chelating heavy metals does harm because of moving them around and causing lipid peroxidation.
No not that type of chelation, I guess a word like "binder" is more accurate, like having coffee with steak or something like that.

Peater Piper

Even if you had the "varus" and could prove it, the virus with would've been cleared out long time ago.
I'm not so sure about that.

The recent COVID-19 pandemic is a treatment challenge in the acute infection stage but the recognition of chronic COVID-19 symptoms termed post-acute sequelae SARS-CoV-2 infection (PASC) may affect up to 30% of all infected individuals. The underlying mechanism and source of this distinct immunologic condition three months or more after initial infection remains elusive. Here, we investigated the presence of SARS-CoV-2 S1 protein in 46 individuals. We analyzed T-cell, B-cell, and monocytic subsets in both severe COVID-19 patients and in patients with post-acute sequelae of COVID-19 (PASC). The levels of both intermediate (CD14+, CD16+) and non-classical monocyte (CD14Lo, CD16+) were significantly elevated in PASC patients up to 15 months post-acute infection compared to healthy controls (P=0.002 and P=0.01, respectively). A statistically significant number of non-classical monocytes contained SARS-CoV-2 S1 protein in both severe (P=0.004) and PASC patients (P=0.02) out to 15 months post-infection. Non-classical monocytes were sorted from PASC patients using flow cytometric sorting and the SARS-CoV-2 S1 protein was confirmed by mass spectrometry. Cells from 4 out of 11 severe COVID-19 patients and 1 out of 26 PASC patients contained ddPCR+ peripheral blood mononuclear cells, however, only fragmented SARS-CoV-2 RNA was found in PASC patients. No full length sequences were identified, and no sequences that could account for the observed S1 protein were identified in any patient. Non-classical monocytes are capable of causing inflammation throughout the body in response to fractalkine/CX3CL1 and RANTES/CCR5.

tankasnowgod

Which market did you measure? Ferritin is the best marker for total body iron stores.

tankasnowgod

Serum iron and red blood cell iron.

I've never heard of "Red Blood Cell Iron" before. Is that another name for Hemoglobin? I know you don't what Hemoglobin to get too low, that's when anemia comes in.

Serum Iron fluctuates wildly, and isn't a good marker for total body iron stores. It might just reflected the iron content of your last meal. If you were doing longer term blood donation, you should have tracked ferritin. The rule of thumb is that one donation lowers ferritin by about 30 ng/ml, but it probably also depends on how much you have. I noticed mine dropped quicker when it was higher, and slowed down as I got near deficiency.

Of course, the more markers, the better. E. D. Weinberg recommended tracking Ferritin and TSAT. They take Hemoglobin before every donation, so that's basically tracked, too.

I started donating when Ferritin was around 444. Even when I just donated every 8 weeks, I saw significant drops over time, to the 200s. I really didn't start noticing the benefits until it got under 100, and really to the near deficiency levels. That's when I noticed improved mood, energy, and better ability to handle carbs.

K

Kayaker

I've never heard of "Red Blood Cell Iron" before. Is that another name for Hemoglobin? I know you don't what Hemoglobin to get too low, that's when anemia comes in.
Vibrant Wellness does both serum and WBC or RBC measurements of nutrients. The cellular levels are said to reflect longer-term status of nutrients. For iron, it's RBC. I assume RBC iron is higher when a person has higher hemoglobin.

Oh yeah, you're right. Blood drives test hemoglobin, not hematocrit.
Serum Iron fluctuates wildly, and isn't a good marker for total body iron stores. It might just reflected the iron content of your last meal.
I fasted for the test.
If you were doing longer term blood donation, you should have tracked ferritin. The rule of thumb is that one donation lowers ferritin by about 30 ng/ml, but it probably also depends on how much you have. I noticed mine dropped quicker when it was higher, and slowed down as I got near deficiency.

Of course, the more markers, the better. E. D. Weinberg recommended tracking Ferritin and TSAT. They take Hemoglobin before every donation, so that's basically tracked, too.
I agree. I wasn't aware that I could order my own blood tests online. Also, my hematocrit kept going up, which is why I assumed my iron level was still rising.
I started donating when Ferritin was around 444. Even when I just donated every 8 weeks, I saw significant drops over time, to the 200s. I really didn't start noticing the benefits until it got under 100, and really to the near deficiency levels. That's when I noticed improved mood, energy, and better ability to handle carbs.
Then people should bloodlet at home once or twice a week if their ferritin is that high, until it goes under 100, then donate blood to keep it low.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals