Microbial Rennet

naevastar

Hello,
I have read that dr. Peat says microbial rennet in cheese can cause gut irritation.
Could someone please elaborate on this?
Do you have any references I could read?

I have tried to talk to the main distributor of dairy products here in Norway about this and their team had never heard about this and wanted to know more.

Yes, so-called “vegetable rennet” or “enzymes” or “microbial rennet” causes me terrible allergies.

I only buy cheese made with real rennet. I think the fungal residues in the enzymes is what triggers allergic response.

OP
N

naevastar

Yes, so-called “vegetable rennet” or “enzymes” or “microbial rennet” causes me terrible allergies.

I only buy cheese made with real rennet. I think the fungal residues in the enzymes is what triggers allergic response.

Thank you for replying :) Yes I understand. It is sad that all of the cheese produced here in my country have completely stopped using animal rennet. But I wonder if anyone has ever done any actual experiments on this.

_lppaiva

Are enzymes and vegetable rennet the same thing?

I stay away from cheese made with fungal enzymes because it causes hypoglycemia for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals