Micellized Vitamin A For Acne?

dcwg123

My naturopath has recently prescribed me micellized vitamin a to treat my persistent acne. The bottle says that 1 drop is around 5025 IU and I am to take 1 dropper full a day, which will equate to around 30ish drops or 150k-200k IU of vitamin a daily. I am to combine this with wheatgrass and do this routine for around 3 months.

I did some research and the maximum amount of vitamin a you're supposed to take a day without ODing is 10k IU, so I am a bit worried about the huge dose I am taking However, I am wondering if the fact that it's micellized would make it safe. I've done some google searches and it says that

"When we use a water-soluble form of vitamin A, however, such as micellized, there
are no worries, since the body can easily excrete what it does not use"

https://nutristart.com/dlp/Health_Secrets_VitaminA.PDF

And:

"It is extremely safe, even in high doses, because it bypasses the liver"

From Secrets of Gorgeous.

I also reasoned that since it is water soluble, any excess vitamin a will be excreted out of the body, and won't instead be stored in fat. Can anyone offer their insight into this? I really want to give this a shot but I don't want to do it at the cost of suffering bad health or having to deal with permanent damage in the future.

I doubt much would happen even if it were from beef liver. I can tell you that my former "persistent acne" needed much less than that.

FredSonoma

A few small slices of liver has a very very quick effect on my acne - better within a day or two.