MiADMSA - The Future of Lead and Arsenic Chelation Therapy?

Gary_oldman

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had heard about MiADMSA. From what I can gather on PubMed, this seems like the "silver bullet" to lead poisoning, and much more efficient than current therapies (DMSA) at removing lead in the brain.

This article gives a good resume of the molecule with references:

Investigations have shown monoalkyl esters of DMSA to be far superior than DMSA, in mobilizing lead [3], cadmium [4,5] and mercury [6]. The efficiency increased with the number of carbon atoms in the alkyl group of DMSA monoester, and the best results were obtained with Monoisoamyl DMSA (MiADMSA). As treatment with DMSA is an accepted means for reducing the body burden of arsenic, the newer and more efficient monoesters, especially MiADMSA, deserve further attention [7]. MiADMSA is a water-soluble, lipophilic chelating agent. It is capable of chelating intracellular arsenic because of extensive cellular distribution. A large number of reports are available on the therapeutic efficacy of MiADMSA. Pande et al. [8] found that MiADMSA was effective in prevention and treatment of acute lead intoxication. Walker et al. [3] reported that MiADMSA reduced brain lead concentration by 75% when compared to 35% with DMSA. Intraperitoneal administration reduced the kidney lead levels by 93%, while oral administration reduced the kidney lead by 94% [3]. Kreppel et al. [9] also reported the superior efficacy of MiADMSA and mono n-amyl DMSA in protecting mice from the lethal effects of arsenic and in reducing body arsenic burden. Although beneficial effects of MiADMSA in response to chronic arsenic toxicity are not very well documented, studies support that MiADMSA could be the potential drug in the treatment of chronic arsenic poisoning [10].

So far the only human study involves patients who are affected by Hepatitis C.

I highly recommend checking Pubmed for all the studies. There are new studies published every year (70 studies in total)

So I was wondering:
1) Why it's nowhere to be found right now?
2) Why the whole chelation therapy community is not more interested in this molecule? Especially if this works of Lead, Mercury, Arsenic !
3) What's the catch? If it's so efficient, is it safe?
4) Could we - as a group - get this synthesized somewhere?

Motorneuron

I think OSR Is the best actually way