Mg Oil Efficacy

Is there actual evidence for the efficacy of topical magnesium sprays or creams? I've been using magnesium chloride spray for a couple of years as deodorant, but I don't feel any relaxation effect. I'm wondering if it is worth spraying on my skin at night to help sleep, and where I should apply it? Also which form of magnesium is best?

Is there actual evidence for the efficacy of topical magnesium sprays or creams? I've been using magnesium chloride spray for a couple of years as deodorant, but I don't feel any relaxation effect. I'm wondering if it is worth spraying on my skin at night to help sleep, and where I should apply it? Also which form of magnesium is best?
I bought Ideallabs "Stress-non" and use it topically, but I "feel" the effects of an Epsom salt soak.

Birdie

I use magnesium oil after my bath and count it as part of my daily uptake. I count it as part of my daily uptake of Mg. I put it on my inner thighs or under my knees, where the skin is thinner. I rotate it. I take my shower in the evening but haven't noticed any special relaxing from the magnesium oil.

I think Ray recommends it.

We use alcohol under the arms for deodorant.

I use magnesium oil after my bath and count it as part of my daily uptake. I count it as part of my daily uptake of Mg. I put it on my inner thighs or under my knees, where the skin is thinner. I rotate it. I take my shower in the evening but haven't noticed any special relaxing from the magnesium oil.

I don't feel anything from magnesium suppliments either and I use, occasionally, Milk of Magnesia as an underarm deodorant. Maybe only people very deficient in magnesium can feel the difference?

Dave_Fit

I definitely felt a calming effect from Ancient minerals mag chloride both the oil, and flakes in a bath. Sadly my 2 year old is the only one who get bath flakes now. I do eat his mag gummies though because he doesn't like them, don't judge they weren't cheap lol :)

My understanding of the oil and bath salts, is that you can only absorb what your body needs so if your mag levels are good you may not feel much.

I definitely felt a calming effect from Ancient minerals mag chloride both the oil, and flakes in a bath. Sadly my 2 year old is the only one who get bath flakes now. I do eat his mag gummies though because he doesn't like them, don't judge they weren't cheap lol :)
Why does only he get the magnesium baths?

Dave_Fit

Why does only he get the magnesium baths?
Too busy chasing him around to have the luxury of a bath. It's a quick shower in the morning for me and off to work. He gets the bath every other night and likes to stay in there a good while. I am out of the Mag oil, so I just eat his mag gummies for now.

Too busy chasing him around to have the luxury of a bath. It's a quick shower in the morning for me and off to work. He gets the bath every other night and likes to stay in there a good while. I am out of the Mag oil, so I just eat his mag gummies for now.
Ohhh! I get it now! Enjoy your most important role in life :D

OP
F

Lucky YOU!... The skin on inner thigh is thin!

These were very good replies. Thank you everyone.

Jstar

My understanding of the oil and bath salts, is that you can only absorb what your body needs so if your mag levels are good you may not feel much.
2D33C735-C1A1-4A96-831F-AFA4E389B2E3.jpeg
Magnesium chloride from the Dead Sea costs about $16 for 20 pounds.

RealNeat

I don't feel anything from magnesium suppliments either and I use, occasionally, Milk of Magnesia as an underarm deodorant. Maybe only people very deficient in magnesium can feel the difference?
Careful with the MOM a lot of them have bleach as an additive.

Dave Clark

This is the best price I have found on Mg chloride crystals, it is a bulk price, but Mg chloride doesn't go bad if stored properly:

P

Peatness

Good threads for magnesium discussion

-Luke-

OP
F
I wonder if anyone in the group are experiencing those symptoms. I certainly have not from spraying it once, or sometimes twice a day under my arms.

Kman

This study indicates benefits of topical MgCl - Effect of transdermal magnesium cream on serum and urinary magnesium levels in humans: A pilot study

There was another much more impressive study I found once that actually measured RBC Magnesium before and after (apparently the better of the blood test options for Mg) and showed an increase after using topical MgCl. Does anyone know the study I mean? Maybe someone has a reference - I just searched but couldn't find it.

I think I notice subjective benefit from topical MgCl too. In the past I remember using too much of it and getting things moving too quickly through a GI tract, a little like the effect of too much oral Mg supplementation.

I asked Ray about the absorption of topical MgCl once and he said:

"I haven’t seen evidence that magnesium is well absorbed in that form; bicarbonate is actively taken up by the body, unlike chloride, so baking soda would increase its absorption from a bath." - RP.

BibleBeliever

Keep in mind that Ray speaks about the bodies ability to use magnesium properly is directly correlated to thyroid.
If thyroid is low your body will waste magnesium. High thyroid causes your body to retain/utilize magnesium.
Hence Ray recommends the dark roast coffee as a viable magnesium source, in that acting as thyroid it increases your bodies utilization of magnesium.

I used to experiment with such sprays but found them decrease energy output.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals