Mexican Cola Made With Cane Sugar

Evic677

So I know Ray Peat advocates for "Mexi" Cokes that are made with cane sugar. He also advocates for whole milk, due to the optimal calcium to phosphorus ratio. He mentions in his articles that a high calcium to low phosphorus ratio is optional for suppressing your parathyroid hormone, to prevent organ calcification among other bone related diseases. Coke whether made with HFCS, or cane sugar is still quite high in Phosphorus. Why does he still advocate for this? Also couldn't you just drink place CO2 water and get your sugar from fruit?

J

jb116

Coke is very low in phosphorus, it's a non-issue. The other benefits you get from it totally out weigh the small amounts of phosphorus.

meatbag

So I know Ray Peat advocates for "Mexi" Cokes that are made with cane sugar. He also advocates for whole milk, due to the optimal calcium to phosphorus ratio. He mentions in his articles that a high calcium to low phosphorus ratio is optional for suppressing your parathyroid hormone, to prevent organ calcification among other bone related diseases. Coke whether made with HFCS, or cane sugar is still quite high in Phosphorus. Why does he still advocate for this? Also couldn't you just drink place CO2 water and get your sugar from fruit?

The amount of phosphorus is minuscule

Last edited:
OP
Evic677

Evic677

So the thing with dairy is that, 1% has "binding" agents. In US its a illegal to purchase raw milk which is what I think RP does then he scoops the fat off.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals