Methylene Blue

Ritchie

It can partially substitute copper in my opinion.
"I think it (Methylene Blue) could work like ascorbic acid or glutathione in the presence of iron or copper, creating a stream of oxidations and reductions. I think it can produce harmful free radicals." - Peat

mm33

Forum Supporter
"I think it (Methylene Blue) could work like ascorbic acid or glutathione in the presence of iron or copper, creating a stream of oxidations and reductions. I think it can produce harmful free radicals." - Peat
So this is probably a dumb question but taking it by itself would be ok? If not then don't ever take aa or glutathione since we always have iron & copper in our system?
I take a few drops of Oxidal most days (4-5/week) but always in purified water and a couple hours after lunch. Have you read Georgi's Oxidal thread? Lots of good comments on there about mb.

Ritchie

So this is probably a dumb question but taking it by itself would be ok? If not then don't ever take aa or glutathione since we always have iron & copper in our system?
I take a few drops of Oxidal most days (4-5/week) but always in purified water and a couple hours after lunch. Have you read Georgi's Oxidal thread? Lots of good comments on there about mb.
I’m re-iterating what Peat says about MB. I'm not suggesting Peat is right about this, just that this is his take on it.. and being Peat you'd assume he has a decent rationale and scientific reason to view it this way. From Peat's position, I would say he would not view it as ok "taking it by itself" since as you state, we always have iron and copper in our systems, and if we are eating a diet rich in animal products those levels could be quite high. Now, there may well be factors that Peat hasn't considered here, however it is clear that he is currently against it's use seemingly in any context. Personally for now i'm on the fence about it, a drop or two of MB here and there could well be beneficial (as you reference from the oxidal thread) however its worthwhile pointing out that he doesn't view it as a safe supplement and doesn't recommend it's use.

Last edited:

David PS

Around the 45 minute mark in this new interview, Ray answers some questions about methylene blue. The dose is the issue.

Jam

Can someone share Haidut Oxidol post, please? I can’t find it and I’m wondering why he adds caffeine and salysillic acid.

mm33

Forum Supporter

Texon

I get the same effects from MB, especially when combined with coffee. I think if you naturally have high catecholamines/dopamine/neurotransmitters, methylene blue can be a bit "overkill". MB also gives me tinnitus for some reason.
Could the tinnitus be caused by the aspirin chemical in Haidut's product?