Methylene Blue

TNT

What are the main reasons to take methylene blue? And I thought it would be taboo for a Peat crowd, since it's serotonergic, so what am I missing about that?

DonLore

What are the main reasons to take methylene blue? And I thought it would be taboo for a Peat crowd, since it's serotonergic, so what am I missing about that?
Its absolutely not serotonergic for me at all. Been taking even 20-30mg daily some time and nothing negative

Jayvee

Thank you! That's a good overview of its benefits. But what about the fact that it's serotonergic, and serotonin is considered bad in Peatsville?

I think the consesus is that its only seretonigenic at high doses. I've not experienced any serotonin symptoms from it anyway

milkboi

Its MAO inhibiting properties seem to effect me a lot. Even at 5 mg taken in the early AM, it's very energizing (Noradrenaline maybe?) and keeps me up at night. I'm planning on trying a lower dose like 300-500 mcg if only to figure out if the energizing effects are due to mitochondria being powered up or just elevated Monoamines.

Steed

Its MAO inhibiting properties seem to effect me a lot. Even at 5 mg taken in the early AM, it's very energizing (Noradrenaline maybe?) and keeps me up at night. I'm planning on trying a lower dose like 300-500 mcg if only to figure out if the energizing effects are due to mitochondria being powered up or just elevated Monoamines.
More mitochondria is not necessarily stimulating, however too much dopamine from especially MAO B inhibition can be. In my experience, too much noradrenaline feels like a light caffeine rush. MB also antagonizes MAO B or both? Then it become more difficult to figure out.

OP
T

TNT

I was thinking of getting MB in an IV. Is that a bad idea because it would be too high a dose?

milkboi

More mitochondria is not necessarily stimulating, however too much dopamine from especially MAO B inhibition can be. In my experience, too much noradrenaline feels like a light caffeine rush. MB also antagonizes MAO B or both? Then it become more difficult to figure out.
Yup, that’s close to what it feels like to me, like a uncomfortably high intake of caffeine. It think it‘s an unselective MAO inhibitor so it inhibits both but probably mostly Mao-A

Topically or orally?
I made a bath with 100mg of MB and then dipped my hair into it for 10 minutes too. My hair has become overly hydrated and I could barely comb it because it was so static. It milled all the dandruff too but now they stick to my scalp like saw dust, you could not tell but I can scratch it off. Makes the hair sticky as well likely because of hydration

Korven

Yup, that’s close to what it feels like to me, like a uncomfortably high intake of caffeine. It think it‘s an unselective MAO inhibitor so it inhibits both but probably mostly Mao-A

I get the same effects from MB, especially when combined with coffee. I think if you naturally have high catecholamines/dopamine/neurotransmitters, methylene blue can be a bit "overkill". MB also gives me tinnitus for some reason.

Ritchie

Apparently Peat used to promote it here and there (or though I've never heard him do so), however he seems very against it now. Mainly for it's mechanism of oxidizing iron, which can cause a whole host of issues. Peat has pointed out that it reduces iron, creating toxic free radicals. Obviously Peat is very aware of iron and it's related complications and so doesn't like MB and from what I've heard advises against it.

PeatBull

Apparently Peat used to promote it here and there (or though I've never heard him do so), however he seems very against it now. Mainly for it's mechanism of oxidizing iron, which can cause a whole host of issues. Peat has pointed out that it reduces iron, creating toxic free radicals. Obviously Peat is very aware of iron and it's related complications and so doesn't like MB and from what I've heard advises against it.
Any confirmation of this?

David PS

Any confirmation of this?
I would not expect that you will get any confirmation of this unsupported statement.

I have never heard Ray promote methylene blue. To the contrary, he has remained surprisingly silent when others have discussed it. Finally in December of 2021, he was asked about methylene blue.

01:32:15 - The unfavorable redox reaction that occurs when vitamin E and vitamin K are mixed, riboflavin, methylene blue and red light

Last edited:

youngsinatra

MB does the work of copper. All the enzymes it works on are copper-dependent enzymes.

Bart1

Wow i was always doing that 0.5-1mg of MB and some red light exposure. Probably ****88 myself up even more…

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals