Methylene Blue Reduced (Clear) vs Oxidized (Dark Blue) form

RyanCoon

I found a study testing MB use as a treatment for Covid-19 and I was surprised to read the oxidized (dark blue) version was not used because as this paper states it exacerbates the oxidative stress of Covid-19. Does anyone know more about the effects of taking reduced vs oxidized MB?

In this study, after the administration of MB (the reduced form, colorless), the color of urine and feces of patients turned to green or blue. Patients whose urine or feces had the green color, recovered (35 patients), but five patients who had dark blue color in urine or feces died. In our previous trial, we demonstrated high oxidative stress in COVID-19 patients3. When MB (oxidized form, dark blue) is orally administered, by oxidizing other antioxidants, it is converted to the reduced form (colorless)19, which is excreted primarily in the urine20. Therefore, the oxidized form of MB exacerbates the oxidative stress in COVID-19 patients, worsening hypoxemia. However, the reduced form of MB, as an antioxidant, quenches the oxidative stress and also decreases hypoxemia by converting the ferric to the ferrous ion in hemoglobin.

IROM

bump

Ritchie

Interesting. I think mixing vitamin c with the oxidised blue form reduces it to what is called leucomethylene blue. I don't think the vitamin c will make the oxidised form go clear though, but apparently it does reduce it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals