Methylene Blue Pee Color

aquila2009

Has anyone else experienced blue pee while using methylene blue? I took 3 doses of 5-6 drops of Oxidle yesterday and it’s definitely turning my pee colors. Is that bad?

redsun

Has anyone else experienced blue pee while using methylene blue? I took 3 doses of 5-6 drops of Oxidle yesterday and it’s definitely turning my pee colors. Is that bad?

I am not sure why it would do that. Weird.

Old Irenaeus

Yes. I turned mine blue-green once using a higher amount. But when I do 1-2 drops, I get no color change.

Perry Staltic

That's why they put MB in some drugs. By examining your pee they can tell if you took the drug.

Ben.

Anyone knows a good supplier in europe (not UK)?

tankasnowgod

It's completely normal. It's a known side effect, even mentioned on the Wikipedia page-

If anything, it's a good sign. The body eliminates any Methylene Blue it doesn't need. If you don't notice any change in urine color, that often means it's being used in repair of the electron transport chain.

Yes, I've noticed this side effect myself.

Jam

I get green pee with just 2mg.

GTW

As the Royal Navy WWII sailors rhymed when taking it for malaria,
On the ship, in the loo, we see, we pee, methylene blue.