Methylene Blue: Peat Friendly Hearing Protection

Let Go

Pretreatment with methylene blue (MB) for 4 consecutive days significantly protected against cochlear injury by intense broad-band noise for 3 h.

This is pretty impressive!

Attachments

• MB and NIHL.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 65

Gl;itch.e

I'm a fan. I believe it was the MB and K2 that resolved some pretty annoying nagging tinnitus I had from all my years of earplug free band practise!

OP
Let Go

Let Go

Yes! Biotin and taurine help as well.
Seems to be a familiar pattern here.

I'm betting Ray Peat would have nothing against some plastic ear plugs either :cool

TubZy

I'm a fan. I believe it was the MB and K2 that resolved some pretty annoying nagging tinnitus I had from all my years of earplug free band practise!

I think Ray mentioned endotoxin is the cause of a lot of hearing issues like tinnitus. MB is highly anti fungal and anti bacterial maybe that is why MB helped too.

Gl;itch.e

I think Ray mentioned endotoxin is the cause of a lot of hearing issues like tinnitus. MB is highly anti fungal and anti bacterial maybe that is why MB helped too.
Which is interesting as aspirin increases tinnitus in me if I use for more than a day or two in a row.

DaveFoster

Aspirin in high doses is ototoxic and seems to be a mixed bag for tinnitus
I'd like to see control for glycine depletion. There's evidence the salicylate poisoning correlates with low glycine levels and reduced excretion.

Adequate glycine (6-12 grams) minimizes or eliminates the tinnitus from aspirin.

OP
Let Go

Let Go

I'd like to see control for glycine depletion. There's evidence the salicylate poisoning correlates with low glycine levels and reduced excretion.

Adequate glycine (6-12 grams) minimizes or eliminates the tinnitus from aspirin.
Yep, I should've said can be ototoxic. Looks to be reversible

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals