• 500-1000mcg

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • 1-5mg

Votes: 45 47.9%
  • 5-15 mg (or more)

Votes: 12 12.8%

• Total voters

Mauritio

This study shows that MB increases thyroid hormone T4, decreases prolactin and is antagonistic to estrogen .
It has already been shown that mb is an aromatase inhibitors, but this showed that it's also an antagonist in a more functional way ,meaning antagonizing estrogens functions like prolactin increase ,increasing hypophysis weight .

"Methylene blue (MB) is a thiazine dye used in the treatment of methemoglobinemia. Since it was shown to scavenge free radicals, it is now being examined clinically in reperfusion syndrome and septic shock. We tested methylene blue in a series of experimental endocrine situations, in which this scavenging effect could play a role. Indeed, we observed that MB partly inhibited the increase in adenohypophyseal weight and cAMP and prolactin levels after the administration of estrogens in male rats. MB also inhibited the increase of another scavenger of free radicals, the metalloenzyme ceruloplasmin in the blood of estrogenized rats. MB also inhibited the stimulation of bone mass after estradiol in male rats. In this respect, it behaved as an antiestrogen. In the bones, MB also prevented the increase of bone minerals induced by estradiol. MB also produced a decrease in adenohypophyseal ascorbic acid content an potentiated the effect of estradiol in the same direction. Surprisingly, blood thyroxine levels increased consistently in rats after MB treatment. An interaction of MB with thyroid hormone synthesis and/or actions thus should be evaluated. This idea is supported by our observation of an antagonistic action of MB in carbimazole-induced rise in thyroid weight and decrease in thyroxine blood levels. (Ref. 14.)."

[Methylene blue as an endocrine modulator: interactions with thyroid hormones] - PubMed.

ken

I probably posted this before, but a couple of summers age I was feeling punk with all the pollution from forest fires. Anyway I reasoned that there might be a larger amount of CO in the air. Which would be decreasing the ability of the blood to carry oxygen. So I liberally dosed myself with MB for a few weeks. Felt immediately better. I happened to have a appointment with primary care doctor. I was trying to work her for a prescription for thyroid so she gives me a TSH test and the results come back .0004. She freaks out and I say no that's good I was trying for zero. Anyway she wouldn't write a prescription, but seems clear that it interacts with thyroid.

haidut

Forum Supporter
This study shows that MB increases thyroid hormone T4, decreases prolactin and is antagonistic to estrogen .
It has already been shown that mb is an aromatase inhibitors, but this showed that it's also an antagonist in a more functional way ,meaning antagonizing estrogens functions like prolactin increase ,increasing hypophysis weight .

"Methylene blue (MB) is a thiazine dye used in the treatment of methemoglobinemia. Since it was shown to scavenge free radicals, it is now being examined clinically in reperfusion syndrome and septic shock. We tested methylene blue in a series of experimental endocrine situations, in which this scavenging effect could play a role. Indeed, we observed that MB partly inhibited the increase in adenohypophyseal weight and cAMP and prolactin levels after the administration of estrogens in male rats. MB also inhibited the increase of another scavenger of free radicals, the metalloenzyme ceruloplasmin in the blood of estrogenized rats. MB also inhibited the stimulation of bone mass after estradiol in male rats. In this respect, it behaved as an antiestrogen. In the bones, MB also prevented the increase of bone minerals induced by estradiol. MB also produced a decrease in adenohypophyseal ascorbic acid content an potentiated the effect of estradiol in the same direction. Surprisingly, blood thyroxine levels increased consistently in rats after MB treatment. An interaction of MB with thyroid hormone synthesis and/or actions thus should be evaluated. This idea is supported by our observation of an antagonistic action of MB in carbimazole-induced rise in thyroid weight and decrease in thyroxine blood levels. (Ref. 14.)."

[Methylene blue as an endocrine modulator: interactions with thyroid hormones] - PubMed.

Thanks. Already posted back in 2015, so maybe @charlie or @Blossom can merge the threads.
Methylene Blue (MB) Mimics Thyroid - Boosts T4 , Lowers TSH

Jib

Very interesting. I'll be keeping up with my 1mg (1 drop) daily dose of the Kordon stuff. I get a knockoff brand of Red Bull at a local store and for whatever reason I like putting a drop in there above everything else. It's probably a stretch to say that there could be a possible interaction between caffeine and MB but it's a combination I seem to crave.

Which is strange because I drink it out of the can, so I can't see any color change, and there is no change in taste. The color change is attractive but if I imagine just taking MB in a glass of water it's like, eh. Not offputting necessarily but not appealing. But a drop in an energy drink? Or coffee? That gets me excited. I like to believe our bodies are aware of substances we're taking in, and once we've taken them enough and our body acclimates to the biological effects it has, it can start craving them.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Very interesting. I'll be keeping up with my 1mg (1 drop) daily dose of the Kordon stuff. I get a knockoff brand of Red Bull at a local store and for whatever reason I like putting a drop in there above everything else. It's probably a stretch to say that there could be a possible interaction between caffeine and MB but it's a combination I seem to crave.

Which is strange because I drink it out of the can, so I can't see any color change, and there is no change in taste. The color change is attractive but if I imagine just taking MB in a glass of water it's like, eh. Not offputting necessarily but not appealing. But a drop in an energy drink? Or coffee? That gets me excited. I like to believe our bodies are aware of substances we're taking in, and once we've taken them enough and our body acclimates to the biological effects it has, it can start craving them.
Yes agreed.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

The only issue is that I am unable to move the poll.
I guess in that case I would just leave it ,if that's alright? I find these polls always very interesting :)

haidut

Forum Supporter
Oh didn't notice . The forum has been getting more and more crowded . I've been googling "raypeatforum methylene blue" and the mb studies that you posted haven't even come up ,for example the one treating liver fibrosis alzheimers .

No worries, as you said the forum is now a huge repository and not every study can be verified for duplication. Besides, the poll is valuable information that people would want to see as well.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

No worries, as you said the forum is now a huge repository and not every study can be verified for duplication. Besides, the poll is valuable information that people would want to see as well.
Yes , I think the tags really help with that.

@Blossom thanks :)

piiccios

Hi, might have been covered somewhere else, but what are safe suppliers of MB to use in Europe. I seem to be able to only find anti-fungals for fish tanks. Cheers!

David PS

Oh didn't notice . The forum has been getting more and more crowded . I've been googling "raypeatforum methylene blue" and the mb studies that you posted haven't even come up ,for example the one treating liver fibrosis alzheimers .

My search strategy it a little different than yours. Try:
site:raypeatforum.com methylene blue​

jay123

I have a bottle of methylene blue with 100 mcg dropper.
I have read different amounts on different threads to take.
What is a good dose to start with? What is too much?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

My search strategy it a little different than yours. Try:
site:raypeatforum.com methylene blue​
That's what I did right after that. Still the same.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I have a bottle of methylene blue with 100 mcg dropper.
I have read different amounts on different threads to take.
What is a good dose to start with? What is too much?
It's really hard to say, look at the poll I made ,people take all kinds of dosages . Start with 100mcg if you're sensitive in generell ,like me and the work your way up. I never tried higher than 500mcg because im satisfied with the results.

Last edited:

Inaut

I’ve taken up to 25mg at once when i was sick... now I think staying around 500mcg is ideal (for me)

jay123

It's really hard to say, look at the poll I made ,people tape all kinds of dosages . Start with 100mcg if you're sensitive in generell ,like me and the work your way up. I never tried higher than 500mcg because im satisfied with the results.
Thank you!

Anyone used Mitolab here in the UK for their Methylene Blue?, if yes was your experience positive??