Methylene Blue DIY Skin Cream?

Mossy

The study says that 2.5 uM. In that case, if you use MB from healthnatura, which is 400ug per drop, put 1 drop of MB into a medicine cup, fill to 10ml with water and then put 1ml of that into you cream.
I'm trying this using 1 drop Oxidal. I've read elsewhere that vitamin c neutralizes the blue color of MB, which I find to be the case. Do you see a problem with adding about 1.75ml of vitamin c serum to the 10ml water mixture?

P.S. I would like to add that my recipe is to use 50ml hyaluronic acid solution, as the base.

P.P.S. Please pardon all my edits. I just felt the need to be more accurate. Thanks.

Last edited:

Spud

Adding it, you may run into the same problem.
I had the same issue with iodine. I like iodine for the skin but iodine will react with the methylene blue also.
Comes down to use one for a period of time and then switch to the other for me.

Mossy

Adding it, you may run into the same problem.
I had the same issue with iodine. I like iodine for the skin but iodine will react with the methylene blue also.
Comes down to use one for a period of time and then switch to the other for me.
Ok, thanks for the input. I'll have to ponder whether removing the blue color is necessary.

Momentum

Cool!

Before shower I take 100mg Aspirin, 150mg Niacinamide, 100mg Caffeine and 100mg Taurine in a shot glass with water. I put the shot glass in a cup with warm water. When I`m finished showering the content in the shot glass is warm and dissolved. I then add 1 drop of Oxidal. I then take a sipp and gargle while I cover my body and hair with this cocktail. My hair get fluffy and makes my blonde hair completely white, teeth also. I get a mental boost and I think my skin loves it.

Interesting. So do you take the shot glass cocktail, and pour it into the glass of warm water, then after taking a sip, you pour the whole thing over your head?

Anders86

Interesting. So do you take the shot glass cocktail, and pour it into the glass of warm water, then after taking a sip, you pour the whole thing over your head?

I take fresh cold water in a shot glass and add supplements, then I bath the shot glass in warm water while i shower. Like a cup in a cup. I take sip like mouthwash, I add in my face and then I add the rest in my hair.

I take 1mg MB without any coloring on skin, only whitens my hair.

Momentum

I take fresh cold water in a shot glass and add supplements, then I bath the shot glass in warm water while i shower. Like a cup in a cup. I take sip like mouthwash, I add in my face and then I add the rest in my hair.

I take 1mg MB without any coloring on skin, only whitens my hair.

Thank you :):

Mossy

I use 1 drop of that solution and it is such a small amount that the blue colour just disappears on the skin.
Thank you for sharing.

Is your mixture the same ratios that Spud described?

dreamcatcher

Thank you for sharing.

Is your mixture the same ratios that Spud described?
I mix 0.5mg of methylene blue in 10ml of water and then take 1 drop out of that to apply it on my skin.
I confirmed this ratio with Haidut.

Mossy

I mix 0.5mg of methylene blue in 10ml of water and then take 1 drop out of that to apply it on my skin.
I appreciate that. Thank you.

Mossy

I did some testing which leads me to ask for some more detail. 1 drop would hardly cover anything--do you put this 1 drop into a solution to distribute it across your face/body?

dreamcatcher

I did some testing which leads me to ask for some more detail. 1 drop would hardly cover anything--do you put this 1 drop into a solution to distribute it across your face/body?
You're welcome. Sometimes I just apply the drop on a wrinkle directly or put some hyaluronic acid on my hand first then mix in the methylene blue before applying it to the face.

Mossy

You're welcome. Sometimes I just apply the drop on a wrinkle directly or put some hyaluronic acid on my hand first then mix in the methylene blue before applying it to the face.
Great. Hyaluronic acid is the base I’m using, so that will work nicely. Thanks again.

Fexxx

Just for clarification: I have a 50g Aloe Vera Cream here. How much 0,5mcg MB Drops should I mix in there - 5???

YamnayaMommy

The new Bluelene skin care line has caught my interest recently. I'm reviewing their website to ascertain the concentration of MB in their products. Here's a link to the study that they did prior to developing their products. Anti-Aging Potentials of Methylene Blue for Human Skin Longevity
Edit: I see that the link above is a repeat of that shown above.
Did you find out anything about bluelene? I’m trying decide whether to make my own cream or buy theirs.

Lejeboca

Did you find out anything about bluelene? I’m trying decide whether to make my own cream or buy theirs.

I scouted the Bluelene site but didn't find either ingredient list or the amount of MB they use. All their references lead to the aforementioned paper. So I've assumed that their cream contains the optimal found concentration of MB in that paper, which is 2.5uM, specifically, and the smaller of this concentration would work too, so that it does not color, which is one of their criteria for choosing a small concentration.

I added MB to my own creams and use it now:
* 2.5uM of MB in 100ml in as about 80 mcg. I have a mg scale, weighed 1mg of MB powder and eyeballed something less than 1/10 of that
* diluted this powder in MCT oil (Took maybe a few days that it is fully diluted)
* mixed into my creams (which are based on MCT or olive oil) as needed

YamnayaMommy

I scouted the Bluelene site but didn't find either ingredient list or the amount of MB they use. All their references lead to the aforementioned paper. So I've assumed that their cream contains the optimal found concentration of MB in that paper, which is 2.5uM, specifically, and the smaller of this concentration would work too, so that it does not color, which is one of their criteria for choosing a small concentration.

I added MB to my own creams and use it now:
* 2.5uM of MB in 100ml in as about 80 mcg. I have a mg scale, weighed 1mg of MB powder and eyeballed something less than 1/10 of that
* diluted this powder in MCT oil (Took maybe a few days that it is fully diluted)
* mixed into my creams (which are based on MCT or olive oil) as needed

Bravissima. Will you post the results you have with your DIY cream? I did order the Bluelene product, after reading enough about the DIY beauty scene to know that I don't have the time and equipment to do this right now.

The ingredients for the bluelene product:

Water, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Polysorbate 60, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Sorbic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Basic Blue 9 (Methylene Blue)

I do want to try to make similar creams at home in the future. I gather that I need, at the least, a mg scale, and probably also a hot plate and other items that I vaguely remember from college chemistry lab.

Do you use oxidal for MB?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals