Methylene Blue And Varicocele

scoobydoo

So I’m curious about the mechanisms that could cause this
Even just one drop of oxidal seems to make my varicocele worse? Confused what could cause this at such a small dosage. Mentally I feel sharp and don’t have really any signs of serotonin syndrome

zarrin77

Could just be reducing the activation of cGMP, thus reducing vasodilation

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/pdf/10.1161/01.RES.62.1.86

82B802AD-B8B8-4D32-B272-9C82BE539AF7.jpeg

zarrin77

Isn’t a varicocele usually from excessive vasodilation due to increased nitric oxide though?

Nope, it’s usually from either compression or from the valves in the veins that are supposed to prevent back-flow not working properly (i.e. the valves “getting blown out”, similar to vericose veins in the lower leg that can develop).

Anything that increases blood flow and eNOS is going to help with it. When ray talks about the dangers of NO, what he should qualify that with is iNOS and nNOS, which can be damaging. Proper eNOS production in the vasculature is vital, becuase if eNOS malfunctions or gets “uncoupled”, it starts producing superoxide instead, a highly reactive free radical.

Methylene blue is a Guanylyl Cyclase Inhibitor, which inhibits the formation of the second messenger to NO from eNOS: cGMP. Through this, it can inhibit vasodilation and proper blood flow.

Things like l-carnitine (this one for sure, see below), pycnogenol, grape seed extract, and pomegranate juice may be able to help with varicocele, through increasing blood flow and decreasing oxidative stress.

Comparison of the Effects of Varicocelectomy and Oral L-carnitine on Sperm Parameters in Infertile Men with Varicocele

“Based on the results of this study, we can say that medicinal treatment by administration of oral L-Carnitine is as effective as varicocelectomy in improving semen parameters and can be used as an alternative to surgery for varicocele grade II.”

Grape Seed Proanthocyanidin Extract Attenuates Varicocele‑induced Testicular Oxidative Injury in Rats by Activating the Nrf2‑antioxidant System - PubMed

“Following 4 weeks of GSPE administration, the decreased sperm count and motility and other pathological changes caused by varicocele were significantly alleviated, as indicated by the results of computer‑assisted sperm analysis and hematoxylin and eosin staining. In addition, the decreased antioxidant enzyme (superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase) activity and elevated oxidative stress level were partially reversed by administration of GSPE. Furthermore, the apoptotic level of the testis induced by varicocele was decreased by the GSPE treatment, according to terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase dUTP nick end labeling assay. Additionally, the expression of apoptosis‑related proteins, including B‑cell lymphoma 2 (Bcl‑2), Bcl‑2‑like protein 4 and cleaved caspase‑3, were also affected by GSPE. GSPE activated Nrf2, which is a key antioxidative transcription factor, with elevation of the downstream factor hemeoxygenase‑1.”

Management of Varicose Veins and Chronic Venous Insufficiency in a Comparative Registry with Nine Venoactive Products in Comparison with Stockings
^ similar pathogenesis at varicocele

OP
S

scoobydoo

Nope, it’s usually from either compression or from the valves in the veins that are supposed to prevent back-flow not working properly (i.e. the valves “getting blown out”, similar to vericose veins in the lower leg that can develop).

Anything that increases blood flow and eNOS is going to help with it. When ray talks about the dangers of NO, what he should qualify that with is iNOS and nNOS, which can be damaging. Proper eNOS production in the vasculature is vital, becuase if eNOS malfunctions or gets “uncoupled”, it starts producing superoxide instead, a highly reactive free radical.

Methylene blue is a Guanylyl Cyclase Inhibitor, which inhibits the formation of the second messenger to NO from eNOS: cGMP. Through this, it can inhibit vasodilation and proper blood flow.

Things like l-carnitine (this one for sure, see below), pycnogenol, grape seed extract, and pomegranate juice may be able to help with varicocele, through increasing blood flow and decreasing oxidative stress.

Comparison of the Effects of Varicocelectomy and Oral L-carnitine on Sperm Parameters in Infertile Men with Varicocele

“Based on the results of this study, we can say that medicinal treatment by administration of oral L-Carnitine is as effective as varicocelectomy in improving semen parameters and can be used as an alternative to surgery for varicocele grade II.”

Grape Seed Proanthocyanidin Extract Attenuates Varicocele‑induced Testicular Oxidative Injury in Rats by Activating the Nrf2‑antioxidant System - PubMed

“Following 4 weeks of GSPE administration, the decreased sperm count and motility and other pathological changes caused by varicocele were significantly alleviated, as indicated by the results of computer‑assisted sperm analysis and hematoxylin and eosin staining. In addition, the decreased antioxidant enzyme (superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase) activity and elevated oxidative stress level were partially reversed by administration of GSPE. Furthermore, the apoptotic level of the testis induced by varicocele was decreased by the GSPE treatment, according to terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase dUTP nick end labeling assay. Additionally, the expression of apoptosis‑related proteins, including B‑cell lymphoma 2 (Bcl‑2), Bcl‑2‑like protein 4 and cleaved caspase‑3, were also affected by GSPE. GSPE activated Nrf2, which is a key antioxidative transcription factor, with elevation of the downstream factor hemeoxygenase‑1.”

Management of Varicose Veins and Chronic Venous Insufficiency in a Comparative Registry with Nine Venoactive Products in Comparison with Stockings
^ similar pathogenesis at varicocele
Oh interesting thanks! I had heard from others that estrogen also is a factor do you think that’s the case as well or primarily low eNos production?

Teres

For a while I wondered should I open a thread about it, and I haven't done it so far. I decided to not open a thread. Now I saw yours and I found out I'm not the only one who has gotten or worsen problems bellow the belt with (most likely in my case) stuff we learn about in forums - stuff which we count on to aid us in becoming as healthy as possible. I'm not hijacking your thread, but here to share the following:

Somehow, with something (several substances suspected), I initiated the growth of a testicular cyst under-behind my left testicle a year ago. Firm, slippery, almost perfect ball shaped thing, tightly attached to the testicle, feels like partially intra-testicular one. Very resistant to anything that I have tried to treat it with. Not Varicocele, but still it's down there, and I see the MB is something we both have taken.

Main substances which I've taken religiously for weeks/months before the cyst emerging overnight:
- Aspirin
- Taurine (strong suspicion)
- Methylene Blue (?)
- Sodium Benzoate (strong suspicion)
- Ethyl Aceto-Acetate (strong suspicion)
- Succinic acid
- Strong, heavily sweetened with a lot of sugar coffee (strong suspicion)

Of course I blame myself for this, my lack of sufficient knowledge to be precise, or stupidity I may call it. I'm just passing by to say that there might be stuff we swallow like cookies which could ruin a man's life. How I ****88 myself up..I don't know yet. But If you take anything from these above, along with MB, know that something among the substances above may have the potential to..somehow slowly take a manhood away. Or interaction/s between some of this stuff. This is a comment of alert and a pinch of confusion, which I apologize for.

Be well

Last edited:
So I’m curious about the mechanisms that could cause this
Even just one drop of oxidal seems to make my varicocele worse? Confused what could cause this at such a small dosage. Mentally I feel sharp and don’t have really any signs of serotonin syndrome

It might be serotonin. Last month I had a really bad flare up and nothing I usually do helped. I looked into Horse Chestnut since it had helped in the past and it turns out the active ingredient in it is a serotonin antagonist. My horse chestnut was old and expired so I said hmm, lemme try an even better serotonin antagonist, cyproheptadine. And lo and behold, it worked. It was the only thing that helped.

So maybe try some cypro. MB doesn't give me serotonin syndrome but it definitely can increase serotonin enough to cause issues with some people

M

metabolizm

It might be serotonin. Last month I had a really bad flare up and nothing I usually do helped. I looked into Horse Chestnut since it had helped in the past and it turns out the active ingredient in it is a serotonin antagonist. My horse chestnut was old and expired so I said hmm, lemme try an even better serotonin antagonist, cyproheptadine. And lo and behold, it worked. It was the only thing that helped.

So maybe try some cypro. MB doesn't give me serotonin syndrome but it definitely can increase serotonin enough to cause issues with some people

Excess serotonin undoubtedly makes it worse, in my experience. I will have to try cypro!

zarrin77

For a while I wondered should I open a thread about it, and I haven't done it so far. I decided to not open a thread. Now I saw yours and I found out I'm not the only one who has gotten or worsen problems bellow the belt with (most likely in my case) stuff we learn about in forums - stuff which we count on to aid us in becoming as healthy as possible. I'm not hijacking your thread, but here to share the following:

Somehow, with something (several substances suspected), I initiated the growth of a testicular cyst under-behind my left testicle a year ago. Firm, slippery, almost perfect ball shaped thing, tightly attached to the testicle, feels like partially intra-testicular one. Very resistant to anything that I have tried to treat it with. Not Varicocele, but still it's down there, and I see the MB is something we both have taken.

Main substances which I've taken religiously for weeks/months before the cyst emerging overnight:
- Aspirin
- Taurine (strong suspicion)
- Methylene Blue (?)
- Sodium Benzoate (strong suspicion)
- Ethyl Aceto-Acetate (strong suspicion)
- Succinic acid
- Strong, heavily sweetened with a lot of sugar coffee (strong suspicion)

Of course I blame myself for this, my lack of sufficient knowledge to be precise, or stupidity I may call it. I'm just passing by to say that there might be stuff we swallow like cookies which could ruin a man's life. How I ****88 myself up..I don't know yet. But If you take anything from these above, along with MB, know that something among the substances above may have the potential to..somehow slowly take a manhood away. Or interaction/s between some of this stuff. This is a comment of alert and a pinch of confusion, which I apologize for.

Be well

IDK how much vitamin C you take, but vitamin C is potentially problematic with sodium benzoate. Can create the carcinogen benzene.

Ascorbic acid and sodium benzoate synergistically aggravates testicular dysfunction in adult Wistar rats

OP
S

scoobydoo

So not sure it’s a low nitric oxide thing
Got really painful and swollen after a meal full of watermelon and then a topical application of k2
Got really good erection but after masturbating they got really bad
Hurt into my kidney almost

M

metabolizm

Just saw this comment. Do you still find cypro helps with your varicocele?

Just saw this comment. Do you still find cypro helps with your varicocele?

Yes, definitely still helps. Secondarily, keeping estrogen low helps as well (Progesterone). For flare ups, Cypro does the job though and fairly quickly and reliably.

M

metabolizm

Yes, definitely still helps. Secondarily, keeping estrogen low helps as well (Progesterone). For flare ups, Cypro does the job though and fairly quickly and reliably.

Thanks, I'll need to try that. What dose do you take?

I'm thinking of supplementing magnesium as well, some say that helps with symptoms.

Thanks, I'll need to try that. What dose do you take?

I'm thinking of supplementing magnesium as well, some say that helps with symptoms.
I have cypro pills that I'll nibble on when I get symptoms. I usually do 1 mg every 5-8 hours, but I've gone higher if the symptoms are bad, up to 4 mg.

M

metabolizm

I have cypro pills that I'll nibble on when I get symptoms. I usually do 1 mg every 5-8 hours, but I've gone higher if the symptoms are bad, up to 4 mg.

Didn't notice much at 0.5mg, so I think I'll try 1 or 2mg next. My varicocele has been so uncomfortable recently that I just want to lie down all day, which is probably counter productive. Hoping cypro will help will sleep too as I keep waking up during the night.

Didn't notice much at 0.5mg, so I think I'll try 1 or 2mg next. My varicocele has been so uncomfortable recently that I just want to lie down all day, which is probably counter productive. Hoping cypro will help will sleep too as I keep waking up during the night.

I feel your pain. Varicoceles are some of the most painful and frustrating things because nothing but lying down helps ease the pain. Even then, if you turn the wrong way it will hurt. But yeah, try higher doses and see if that helps. I wouldn't be afraid of Cypro, only issue I get with it is sleepiness and lethargy if I dont accompany it with caffeine. I'd take sleepiness over varicocele pain any day though.