Methylene Blue And Red Light Aggravate DNA Damage?

SOMO

Removal of red light minimizes methylene blue-stimulated DNA damage in oesophageal cells: implications for chromoendoscopy | Mutagenesis | Oxford Academic

Cells were also illuminated with WL fractions (580–700, 480–580, 350–480, <575, <610 and <688 nm) in the presence of MB. At clinically relevant concentrations, WL illumination of MB (15 mM) caused significant DNA damage in vitro (P < 0.001). Illumination of MB with red light (580–700 nm) also stimulated high levels of DNA damage in OE33 cells (P < 0.001). This effect was not observed with green or blue light. Filtering WL to remove red light wavelengths (>575 nm) reduced DNA damage and apoptosis to control levels in MB-treated cells. In addition, reducing the concentration of MB 10-fold markedly reduced the DNA-damaging effect of MB in vitro

Yes, it's an in vitro study, but I was under the impression MB worked as an anti-oxidant even in small doses in both in vivo and in vitro. And combining it with red light should be even better?

golder

I know this is rather old, but it would still be nice if someone could help. I use a combination of quite strong IR/red/UV/heat lamps throughout the day, and I've put my MB on hold because some people say its a great combination, and others are saying its dangerous, as per the OP. Would someone be able to help? Thanks guys!

Dave Clark

I know this is rather old, but it would still be nice if someone could help. I use a combination of quite strong IR/red/UV/heat lamps throughout the day, and I've put my MB on hold because some people say its a great combination, and others are saying its dangerous, as per the OP. Would someone be able to help? Thanks guys!
I asked that question before, and I am not sure who answered it, might have been Haidut, don't quote me on that, but whoever, said that if the MB doses were low, below 1 mg, there should not be a problem with the light combination.

golder

Interested to know why their are some camps saying its good for you, and others saying anything below 1mg is OK. Is that oral/topical? Why? What's the actual deal here?

golder

I wish it would be easily to get a clear answer to whether MB + red light is beneficial or potentially harmful. Seem to get answers on both ends of the spectrum which makes one reticent to experiement.

golder

try different doses of mb plus red light see how you feel.
Naturally this is what I would try, but there are some people quoting DNA damage with this combination, so probably not the best thing to be messing around with without confidence.

biggirlkisss

I do it with sunlight and had reduced anxiety. The dna damage is it from the uva of the sun? What details are there of it causing dna damage. The science may be limited.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals