Methylcobalamin - MethylB12 Vitamin B12 And Mercury, Methylmercury Dangers

TreasureVibe

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/240860126_The_Link_Between_Vitamin_B12_and_Methylmercury

The Link Between Vitamin B12 and Methylmercury
Abstract
The mercuric ion (Hg2+) is methylated in the sediment of aquatic systems to give methylmercury (CH3Hg+), which is bioaccumulated in fish and has high toxicity for humans. Methylcobalamin, the methyl derivative of vitamin B12 and a coenzyme in enzymatic methyl transfer, is able to methylate mercury(II). In the chemical reaction, the mercuric ion acts as an electrophile towards methylcobalamin in aqueous solution, giving aquocobalamin and methyl-mercury. It has been shown that sulphate-reducing bacteria, Desulphovibrio desulfuricans, methylate mercury(II) in aquatic sediments and that they use methylcobalamin to methylate mercuric ion. The methylation of mercury may be promoted by a synergistic interaction between sulphate-reducing bacteria and methanogens.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/240860126_The_Link_Between_Vitamin_B12_and_Methylmercury

A relationship between vitamin B12, folic acid, ascorbic acid, and mercury uptake and methylation
Abstract
Ingestion of megadoses of certain vitamins appears to influence the in vivo methylation of mercuric chloride in guinea pigs. The addition of megadoses of vitamin B12 fed either singularly or in combination with folic acid resulted in increased methylmercury concentrations in the liver. Moreover, percent methylmercury levels were significantly increased with B12 treatment in the liver (B12 only and B12/folic acid) and brain (B12/vitamin C). Incorporation of high levels of folic acid into the dietary regime also increased the methylmercury concentration particulary in the liver and hair tissues. The addition of vitamin C in the diet, particularly in combination with B12 (brain) or folic acid (muscle) resulted in increased methylmercury levels in these tissues and percent methylmercury values with B12 in the muscle and brain tissue.

Thoughts?

Dobbler

Thats why amalgams are so dangerous, because when you take something that chelates / detoxes heavy metals like mercury, it can travel via bloodstream to your brain / liver where it causes even more damage. MethylB12 does exactly that.

Thats why amalgams are so dangerous, because when you take something that chelates / detoxes heavy metals like mercury, it can travel via bloodstream to your brain / liver where it causes even more damage. MethylB12 does exactly that.

What is one to do?

I had mercury fillings and now I take b12

InChristAlone

This is an interesting find! Maybe that's why I never liked how methylb12 felt I have two amalgams left one that is very old. Could always just use other forms of b12.