Methylation Testresults, I Dont Know What They Mean :(

GermanIsildur

Hi, here is a picture of my methylation testresults, i was hoping the lab would send me some instructions on what it means or what i can do in order to deal with it, but nothing. Also googling didnt really get me anywhere, because there dont seem to be many people that understant this whole methylation thing(fair enough, since it seems to be a highly complex topic).

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me what the below result mean in terms of what i should/shouldnt eat or supplement:

fa6935d2f38b4b0282bc84c9c515b11c.png

Thanks alot

Last edited:

PakPik

Hello @GermanIsildur !

As far as my research goes, excess methylation is tied to many chronic degenerative diseases, prenatal or early life imprinting of stress, and aging itself, that is, hypermethylation of DNA is typically found in such scenarios, and plays a central role in the genesis/development of those. That said, sure, there's a healthy level of methylation the tissues need, but taking supplements to increase methylation on purpose can go way beyond the healthy levels. If anything, it seems that lots of people suffering chronic ailments/stress may be suffering from excess methylation already, or at least don't need more methylation than what they already have. In case of a genuine need for methylation, I think good diet and ample nutrition, supporting good endocrine function, etc, can go a long way letting the body fine tune these needs.

The main purpose of this message is to tell you this: I've seen multiple times people seriously hurt by methylation supplements/programs. Please be very careful.

Hi, here is a picture of my methylation testresults, i was hoping the lab would send me some instructions on what it means or what i can do in order to deal with it, but nothing. Also googling didnt really get me anywhere, because there dont seem to be many people that understant this whole methylation thing(fair enough, since it seems to be a highly complex topic).

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me what the below result mean in terms of what i should/shouldnt eat or supplement:

View attachment 3297

Thanks alot
I know it generally means not to have synthetic folic acid in any form as it blocks the pathways of absorption of folate.That means supplements as well as the addition of folic acid to foods - bread & cereals, fortified juice Etc. If you have the MTHFR gene mutation you are likely to be prone to certain conditions like arthritis, depression , skin conditions,as I understand it.Its complicated, so I haven't grasped it all!

Koveras

There's a lot more involved in methylation and making decisions that those two variants that were tested for above.

Agree with a cautious approach.

What issues are you working on?

Return to Autism Page

thegiantess

You only have one copy of the one of the snps that have been singled out as meaningful in the whole methylation arena. If you had one copy of each (compound hetero) or two copies of one (homo) then there would be more reason for concern. Are you having some kind of symptoms that you think are tied to methylation?

CrystalClear

Germanlsildur, your pic of test results is exactly like the report I got today. Word for word, except my mutation was for the A1298C. My issues are low mood, brain fog, anxiety, huge lack of energy etc. There was a time when B vitamins did lift low mood for me. In my struggle with hypothyroidism ( six years or more), and with "peating" over the last few months I haven't had any change in mood.