Methyl folate

Jing

Why does methyl folate give me constipation? Started taking b complex today which has methyl folate and I've used it in the past on its own and it's giving me the same constipation feel like I need to go but just can't go at all .

JKX

'Zap' stomach acid?

Certain bacterial types respirate using folate. Its more likley exacerbating existing gut problems due to increasing pathogenic bacteria types slowing your respiration and resulting in constipation. Have you tried cascara?

OP
J

Jing

'Zap' stomach acid?

Certain bacterial types respirate using folate. Its more likley exacerbating existing gut problems due to increasing pathogenic bacteria types slowing your respiration and resulting in constipation. Have you tried cascara?
I've used cascara in the past it just gives me dirarrhea, it seems methyl folate gives me more energy less brain fog slightly better mood but just need to deal with the constipation.

OP
J

Jing

Seems to be causing me insomnia too, bad sleep last night could hardly sleep at all and I don't feel tired at all tonight feels the same as last night.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Why does methyl folate give me constipation? Started taking b complex today which has methyl folate and I've used it in the past on its own and it's giving me the same constipation feel like I need to go but just can't go at all .
I’m having this too. I’ve only been on methyl folate 4 days and already feel better but I can tell it’s slowed my bowels. I’ve upped my magnesium but if it doesn’t improve in a couple days I’m going to order some cascara from life giving store.

Tarmander

Methylfolate does so many things its almost impossible to say A-->B for sure

OP
J

Jing

I’m having this too. I’ve only been on methyl folate 4 days and already feel better but I can tell it’s slowed my bowels. I’ve upped my magnesium but if it doesn’t improve in a couple days I’m going to order some cascara from life giving store.
Yh kind of frustrating because it's definitely helping me in certain areas , I didn't take it today and I've not had constipation and hopefully I'll sleep better tonight.

ddjd

anything that lowers serotonin will cause constipation.

what someone said above with regards to low stomach acid is complete nonsense i think. ive always had issues with low stomach acid, never had constipation issues. as soon as i started taking things like apple cider vinegar or betaine hcl to increase stomach acid and acidity i started getting constipation.

it's more related to low serotonin = low gut motility

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals