Methods To Reduce Allergic Reaction From Foods?/diet Advice

Bluemachine

so, i would quite like to experiment with eggs and maybe oysters but am super aprehensive to try either as i have had crazy reactions to "normal foods" like a weird clostrophobic panic after eating cod a couple of months ago, near aniphalaxis after eating chicken (it was fatty thighs so probably high pufa) around last year and some anxiety, depression and stomach upset i think from eggs also some time last year. i heard danny roddy mention 'reacting badly to normal foods' in one of his yt vids though he only mentioned milk which resolved after taking anti biotics. i suspect ihave sibo so i plan to try AB's at some point but currently i could do with something other than milk and oj to consume (i'm not limited to these because im trying to emulate peats diet but because they give me the least issues). i am eating a rib eye steak (250g avg) every other day usually but i don't feel good after eating meat most of the time or if i abstain for too long. according to cronometer i am low in i think b3, b6 and maybe zinc and/or selenium on days that i dont eat meat, i am drinking 2 to 3 ltrs of (just switched to as an experiment) semi skimmed goats milk and juice from 4 large oranges maybe every other day, store bought oj as an when i fancy, maybe a glass or two a day. oh and plenty of sugar with milk, liver every couple of weeks which i ate earlier and has made me feel anxious and erratic (fairly common) which is probably well represented in this post. any input appreciated :)

meatbag

so, i would quite like to experiment with eggs and maybe oysters but am super aprehensive to try either as i have had crazy reactions to "normal foods" like a weird clostrophobic panic after eating cod a couple of months ago, near aniphalaxis after eating chicken (it was fatty thighs so probably high pufa) around last year and some anxiety, depression and stomach upset i think from eggs also some time last year. i heard danny roddy mention 'reacting badly to normal foods' in one of his yt vids though he only mentioned milk which resolved after taking anti biotics. i suspect ihave sibo so i plan to try AB's at some point but currently i could do with something other than milk and oj to consume (i'm not limited to these because im trying to emulate peats diet but because they give me the least issues). i am eating a rib eye steak (250g avg) every other day usually but i don't feel good after eating meat most of the time or if i abstain for too long. according to cronometer i am low in i think b3, b6 and maybe zinc and/or selenium on days that i dont eat meat, i am drinking 2 to 3 ltrs of (just switched to as an experiment) semi skimmed goats milk and juice from 4 large oranges maybe every other day, store bought oj as an when i fancy, maybe a glass or two a day. oh and plenty of sugar with milk, liver every couple of weeks which i ate earlier and has made me feel anxious and erratic (fairly common) which is probably well represented in this post. any input appreciated :)

Have you measured your temp. and pulse rate at all?
In the morning and before and after eating?

OP
B

Bluemachine

Have you measured your temp. and pulse rate at all?
In the morning and before and after eating?
i don't currently have a thermometer but some months ago i checked my pulse a few times out of interest and if i remember correctly it was around 75 - 80 it has recently dropped to around 65 which concerned me at first until i realised it's probably a reduction in stress hormones (when it was 80 ish id just come of lowish carb and lots of meat) i suspect i maybe hypo (low d, high cholesterol) ?

meatbag

i don't currently have a thermometer but some months ago i checked my pulse a few times out of interest and if i remember correctly it was around 75 - 80 it has recently dropped to around 65 which concerned me at first until i realised it's probably a reduction in stress hormones (when it was 80 ish id just come of lowish carb and lots of meat) i suspect i maybe hypo (low d, high cholesterol) ?

Are you taking any supplements?

meatbag

Liver is hard to digest. I know Peat has recommended to consume it with fat such as cooked in a lot of butter and maybe have some ice-cream after. The protein in eggs, steak, liver, etc. needs to be balanced with carbohydrate; 2:1 carbs : protein has been discussed and seems like a good ballpark.

Low blood sugar increases sensitivity to all kinds of things. If you feel like you're having stress reaction you could try having a bottle of coke ( I heard this mentioned on a podcast , I'll try to track it down)

lampofred

Raising blood sugar and increasing calcium to phosphate ratio (and vitamin D) might help

OP
B

Bluemachine

Liver is hard to digest. I know Peat has recommended to consume it with fat such as cooked in a lot of butter and maybe have some ice-cream after. The protein in eggs, steak, liver, etc. needs to be balanced with carbohydrate; 2:1 carbs : protein has been discussed and seems like a good ballpark.

Low blood sugar increases sensitivity to all kinds of things. If you feel like you're having stress reaction you could try having a bottle of coke ( I heard this mentioned on a podcast , I'll try to track it down)
i fry all meat in butter and drink coke until satisfied which is usually around half ltr maybe(sorry forgot to mention that) Iwas doing oj until learning of concerns with iron, then tried milk and fudge until reading someone theorizing milk and meat don't digest well together which i think fits my experience though the milk seemed to reduce the irritability/anxiety i get from meat, it did make me feel heavier and bloated. this could well be due to ca/p ratio like lampofred just mentioned(The anxiety i mean)

OP
B

Bluemachine

Raising blood sugar and increasing calcium to phosphate ratio (and vitamin D) might help
Could one meal of meat tipping the ratio towards phosphorus create issues/symptoms? the majority of the time its definitly in the favour of calcium. i hear mixed things about supplemental d, i'm getting good amount of sun currently but if im hypo im not converting it to d right? is a sup utilized regardless?

LuMonty

I have diagnosed food allergies and some that may be pretenders. I have a lot of experience right down to eggs and cod even though I tested negative to them.

First, I've found that my body rejects some foods even if I don't know why. For example, egg whites have a protein that nullifies pepsin. I ignored my gut feeling and had a few eggs one morning. That was the first time I threw up in years. So a foods may have a compound that causes a major stress reaction even if it isn't histamine; even as simple as old fish being very high in histamine, as in the cod, can cause this. For me with the eggs, I can get a panic reaction just from smelling them now. Sometimes the same food and/or brand can cause this. Personal examples include OJ (additives I'd guess) and ground beef (being "aged" including cadaverine and histamine I'd guess).

As far as controlling histamine and mast cells and all that good stuff: keeping blood sugar up (I second @meatbag don't hesitate to chug something sugary until you feel better*), keeping the liver in order (caffeine, as in coffee, and vit. E work best for me) are the main two. Aspirin seems to be the most helpful afterwards. I can vouch for Bendaryl and cyproheptadine but these can cause rebound IME not to mention sleeping entire days at a time. By all means, use them if things get dangerous but pay attention to how much is worth using both short and long-term.

The most recent modality I added was vaping. For whatever reason, even my worst reactions can be stopped and the damage limited by vaping after exposure. It used to take me a week or more when exposed to the worst triggers (oregano and basil) but now I can recover in just a day or two. From what I understand, nicotine is a mast cell stabilizer. Use at your own risk. I haven't found it addictive and go long periods of time without using it. That's just me; I make no endorsement of this method and can only comment on how it has effected me.

I do better with controlling the reactions and testing new foods when I'm having far less fluids than you are. I can understand that cutting back can be difficult if you can't tolerate much food. About a year ago I could barely eat anything so I was consuming lots of fluids.

*Pardon my formatting but I just remembered this before submitting my post. The other night I had something that caused a steadily increasing reaction. Still can't quite figure out what happened (hence my comments in my post that it can vary from food to food, even the same kind). Anyhow, I ended up drinking a whole liter of Coke in about 15 minutes and that stopped it.

Elize

LuMonty thanks for sharing of your information. I like you have histamine and mast cell issues. I try to have only 2 grams of meat or fish per meal. Eat egg yolks only and do not tolerate more than a glass of Lactose free milk. Antihistamines make me feel far worse. CBD make me very shaky. I used Tirosint-Sol as a T4 but Glycerol is a Histamine liberator and had to switch back to Synthroid. Is there any treatment for mast cell disease?

LuMonty

LuMonty thanks for sharing of your information. I like you have histamine and mast cell issues. I try to have only 2 grams of meat or fish per meal. Eat egg yolks only and do not tolerate more than a glass of Lactose free milk. Antihistamines make me feel far worse. CBD make me very shaky. I used Tirosint-Sol as a T4 but Glycerol is a Histamine liberator and had to switch back to Synthroid. Is there any treatment for mast cell disease?
That's a good question. I did quite a bit of reading and didn't find much definitive. In my case, there's only so much time and money to try solutions. As i mentioned, the only thing I've found to work is nicotine. On the other hand there's also extensive work detailing its mechanisms so for me, I'd still choose it over more novel methods.

I should make clear that my mast cell issues are due to intestinal permeability due to parasites and from the allergies I mentioned. So it might work for me to vape occasionally but not for someone with consistent issues. What I've been doing for the past year and a half is all experimental so I'm afraid what I have experience with is fairly limited.

meatbag

have you ever tried dissolving progest-e in olive oil and rubbing it into your skin to absorb it?
Have you ever gotten a vitamin d blood test?

Elize

I just found that I seem to react to most supplements as most contain histamine liberating ingredients.

DannyIrons™

Has anyone found any new remedies to your allergies?
I react to pretty much everything. Has anyone noticed a correlation between constipation and allergies?

im wondering if a good dose of antibiotics with good bowel movement may clear out a lot of pathogenic bacteria which are causing the reactions.

meatbag

Has anyone found any new remedies to your allergies?
I react to pretty much everything. Has anyone noticed a correlation between constipation and allergies?

im wondering if a good dose of antibiotics with good bowel movement may clear out a lot of pathogenic bacteria which are causing the reactions.
I think I read or heard on either the email advice thread, one of danny roddy's podcasts, or in one of the newsletters that in hypothyroid people things can become allerginic that wouldn't be in a better metabolic state. I know it had been mentioned that hypoglycemia worsens allerginicity

If you're constipated you're likely hypothyroid and are experiences absorption of things like endotoxin (lipopolysaccharide) and estrogens from the bowel

I recall that getting the vitamin D level into a good range (50+) was good for helping with digestive and sensitivity issues

Have you tried eating the carrot salad (with the oil and vinegar and salt) to see if that helps.

I personally noticed that supplementing with aspirin-baking soda combo seemed to increase my digestion a lot in a positive way

DannyIrons™

I do actually feel better after few days of eating carrot salad, but it doesn’t help at all with bowel movement.
I’ve recently started thyroid supplementation which is going well, no response to constipation yet but that could change when I up the dosage this week maybe.
Cascara does seem to be the only thing that ‘forces’ everything through, but it doesn’t feel quite right, it causes stomach pain - maybe it’s forcing my stomach to move when it doesn’t want to, I’m not sure.
I’m trying to gain weight whilst limit allergenic foods, which is a nightmare truth be told!
I’ve had food sensitivities/allergies for a long time and also have a historic digestive issues, so it could really be a link but I don’t know how to overcome it.

meatbag

I do actually feel better after few days of eating carrot salad, but it doesn’t help at all with bowel movement.
I’ve recently started thyroid supplementation which is going well, no response to constipation yet but that could change when I up the dosage this week maybe.
Cascara does seem to be the only thing that ‘forces’ everything through, but it doesn’t feel quite right, it causes stomach pain - maybe it’s forcing my stomach to move when it doesn’t want to, I’m not sure.
I’m trying to gain weight whilst limit allergenic foods, which is a nightmare truth be told!
I’ve had food sensitivities/allergies for a long time and also have a historic digestive issues, so it could really be a link but I don’t know how to overcome it.
what kind of symptoms of allerginicity are you noticing from what foods? Do you find eating makes you feel bloated and fatigued? Have you gotten any blood work? (vitamin D, etc.)