Methionine toxicity in the rat in relation to hepatic accumulation of S-adenosylmethionine: preventi

paymanz

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8434940

Rats were fed toxic levels of methionine with or without simultaneous dietary supplements of glycine and serine. Feed intake, growth rate, and metabolite concentrations in intestine, plasma, liver, skeletal muscle, and kidneys were monitored. Both toxic amounts of methionine and supplemental glycine and serine affected the tissue distribution of several amino acids resulting in similar, opposite, and diet-specific effects on the parameters studied. These changes were considered to be normal responses of amino acid metabolism to diet and to reflect metabolite flows between tissues. The feeding of toxic levels of methionine resulted in the accumulation of methionine, taurine, and glutathione in all tissues measured, but caused marked accumulation of S-adenosylmethionine and its catabolites only in liver. Hepatic accumulation of S-adenosylmethionine was accompanied by 40% stimulation of methionine adenosyltransferase and 40% repression of spermine synthase over a 2-week period. Simultaneous dietary supplements of glycine and serine combined with toxic levels of methionine markedly stimulated hepatic methionine catabolism. As a result, tissue distribution of methionine and glutathione returned close to normal in all tissues measured and accumulation of hepatic S-adenosylmethionine and its catabolites was prevented. Concentrations of taurine in liver, blood, and kidneys were further elevated, suggesting increased conversion of methionine to taurine followed by urinary excretion. These changes were accompanied by normalization of the above enzyme activities and the absence of symptoms of methionine toxicity. It was concluded that methionine toxicity is likely to be linked to hepatic accumulation of S-adenosylmethionine, resulting in liver dysfunction probably due to nonenzymatic methylation of liver macromolecules. Accumulation of tissue glutathione may also contribute to toxicity.

pboy

Re: Methionine toxicity in the rat in relation to hepatic accumulation of S-adenosylmethionine: prevention by dietary st

oh ***t this is a rat forum? i thought it was for humans...ill check out now, sorry for the disturbance

pboy

Re: Methionine toxicity in the rat in relation to hepatic accumulation of S-adenosylmethionine: prevention by dietary st

that's the thing...no matter how skillful of a human you are, you're always just as vulnerable as anyone else...in fact, the healthier and wiser I get, the more vulnerable I feel in a sense...of not being able to tolerate any BS for more than a few minutes. I think its probably that the higher testosterone/progest you have, the more sesnetive you are because if aromatase kicks in that's like major estrogen potential. I never let my mood or way I treat people be affected but it still irritates the eff out of me inside...but I know how to avoid things and ..how to operate so it isn't that big a deal. I just have a lot of wisdom and experience that allows me to operate skillfully in life and have an acute awareness...from a very broad and encompassing view of whats going on with or in any given place, situation, person, so I know what to choose and what to avoid and stuff, I think anyone has that potential just given enough experience

its why I laugh when people think enlightenment is something you reach and then that's it, you're always just enlightened and immune to everything and blissful all the time...its not the case really at all. Everyone is always vulnerable to the same things...enlightened p eople generally know where to be, what to eat, and have the full map of life within them based on years of experience and therefore awareness and immunity...but you feed them junk food, inadequate nutrition, put them in a stressful toxi environment, and they'll take hits like anyone else...the only differene is they're more equipped to sense stresses subtely and better equipped to make proper choices and everything to take care of themselves

all the wise and enlightened men that you read of..or hear of, are generally living a low key lifestyle in nature, the mountains, some kind of temple...and are eating a saatvic diet, and never burden themselves with excess things, or have too many possessions to keep track of, and generally don't have like...people that depend on them financially or anything

(sorry for off topic)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals