Methionine Restriction Diet programming - Need help

Sullytex

I'm trying to construct a viable Peaty diet with low/no methionine to experiment with for 4-6 weeks.

I want to keep Temps up, protein at 100 - 120g daily, low fat and starch.

I am at a loss with protein sources and pea protein tastes like butt even though low methionine.

Have any of yall had success with this concept?

Thanks!!

I'm trying to construct a viable Peaty diet with low/no methionine to experiment with for 4-6 weeks.

I am at a loss with protein sources and pea protein tastes like butt even though low methionine.

Thanks!!
Nonfat milk and gelatin is my main sources. Nonfat milk has 12 grams of protein per cup and a scoop of gelatin has roughly 5 grams so 3 cups of coffee, each with a half cup of nonfat milk and a scoop of gelatin is 33 grams of protein. Add in a three more glasses of milk and you are up to 69 grams of protein!

OP
S

Sullytex

Thanks @Rinse & rePeat I was just reading your post about your friendly challenge!!! Tell me did you have any hunger issues at the start?

noodlecat

Nonfat milk and gelatin is my main sources. Nonfat milk has 12 grams of protein per cup and a scoop of gelatin has roughly 5 grams so 3 cups of coffee, each with a half cup of nonfat milk and a scoop of gelatin is 33 grams of protein. Add in a three more glasses of milk and you are up to 69 grams of protein!
in my experience gelatin only dissolves and stays dissolved in hot liquid. if it cools it turns into jello. straight in cold liquid it will just clump.

tankasnowgod

Thanks!!
No methionine and super low methionine is impossible to do, unless you use isolated amino acids, or a methionine restriction formula, or eat next to no protein.

Rinse probably has the best practical application of a lower methionine diet.

OP
S

Sullytex

Thanks @tankasnowgod and @noodlecat . For additional methionine clearance I have read glycine, taurine and aspirin and possibly niacinamide. Is there any others or amino to add?

Thanks @Rinse & rePeat I was just reading your post about your friendly challenge!!! Tell me did you have any hunger issues at the start?
I think you are referring to “Lose Fat Not Pounds”? I did a real time one on the forum in “More Weight Loss Talk”, where I documented things I ate. I never restricted my calaries, just my fats, and I was never hungry.

tankasnowgod

Thanks @tankasnowgod and @noodlecat . For additional methionine clearance I have read glycine, taurine and aspirin and possibly niacinamide. Is there any others or amino to add?

Taurine is supposed to lower methionine absorption, which makes sense as it is made from methionine. The biggest one to focus on is probably glycine. Chris Masterjohn has actually done a lot of work with the glycine to methionine ratio. I think Pea Protein has a 4 to 1 glycine to methionine ratio, which is actually pretty high for protein, and I think Masterjohn says this is common ratio in a lot of vegetarians and vegans (although there are some common vegan proteins which in which methionine is much higher in the ratio).

Obviously, the natural protein that blows all others out of the water is collagen/gelatin. I've seen anywhere from 30-70 to 1, depending on the brand.

It's possible what the extra methionine is doing is really exacerbating a chronic glycine deficiency, and similar benefits could be had by adding more glycine-

OP
S

Sullytex

Thank you all for your input! Have a big tub of glycine inbound!!!

LadyRae

Methionine restriction experiment day one completed! I am going to try this out for a week or two and see how I feel, see how I recover from exercise and how I sleep.
My day:
Several coffees with hydrolyzed multi-collagen
Sprouted oatmeal w/ 2 scoops beef gelatin,
Large homemade jello (blended banana, pear, and cantaloupe...3 scoops beef gelatin) coconut whip
Tandoori Carrot/raisin salad w/watermelon
Defatted peanut protein powder mix with water and collagen
Another big fruit jello w/whip (3 scoops beef gelatin)

I feel very full and satisfied, even though I did not eat any animal protein today and I walked over nine miles... Interestingly, it is 6:00 p.m. where I live and I already feel kind of sleepy. I do wake up at 4:00 a.m. though regularly 😂🔥

Pdohlen

Gathered this some time ago:
1663229428859.png

Attachments

• 1663229268893.png
    1663229268893.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 37

LadyRae

Methioning restriction has been going really well! I have lost an inch off my lower belly and I have to wear belts one hole tighter....

The Big bowls of jello I make with blended fruit and gelatin powder, topped with coconut whip are very satisfying. I will still have a 30 g portion of animal protein for breakfast (beef heart or liver, lean pork loin, eggs, or oysters. I have been completely avoiding chicken.....) along with fruit, usually pineapple or kiwi or melon.

Methioning restriction has been going really well! I have lost an inch off my lower belly and I have to wear belts one hole tighter....

The Big bowls of jello I make with blended fruit and gelatin powder, topped with coconut whip are very satisfying. I will still have a 30 g portion of animal protein for breakfast (beef heart or liver, lean pork loin, eggs, or oysters. I have been completely avoiding chicken.....) along with fruit, usually pineapple or kiwi or melon.
Go Lady! I have been enjoying homemade bone broths in the morning rather than meat proteins. I lightly scramble an egg in a little butter and pour the hot broth over it and top it with dehydrated spring onions and salt. It keeps my light on my feet!

Attachments

• 5D43A0BA-0E46-49EC-913C-84363156D119.jpeg
    5D43A0BA-0E46-49EC-913C-84363156D119.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 12

LadyRae

Go Lady! I have been enjoying homemade bone broths in the morning rather than meat proteins. I lightly scramble an egg in a little butter and pour the hot broth over it and top it with dehydrated spring onions and salt. It keeps my light on my feet!
Yeah that would satisfy me til 1pm! Nice!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals