Metformin

I have been on Metformin now for about a year. It seems like I have aged a lot within this past year! I do know that there are MANY articles stating that this an anti aging pill.

Also, I think it may be affecting my cognitive functioning. I am not diabetic but I do have hyperinsulinemia and that's why my doctor prescribed it for me.

Has anyone else experienced negative side effects with Metformin? Thank you!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

skycop00

I have been on Metformin for 12 months (1 gram perday) and stay on top of B12 levels and feel great! No known or perceived issues. Berberine is a NO GO for me.

ddjd

Metformin increases cortisol regeneration (by 11-beta-HSD1). R

D

danishispsychic

I have been on Metformin for the last ( close to month ) . I am taking it bc on my fathers side there are a lot of blood sugar issues and I am paranoid and like to experiment. I also take b12 only bc I am on it but I also eat meat. So far, I really like it ... it has a weird effect on me , like it puts my in a way better mood. The only down side is that it totally kills my appetite and makes me want to drink milk and coffee all day. ( not a bad thing. ) I will update when I have been on it longer. I am going to test my A1C in a month.

Hans

Forum Supporter
It blocks the uptake of vitamin B1, it enters cells instead of B1, depletes B12, impairs homocysteine metabolism, derails complex I activity possible by depleting CoQ10 and folate. It actually lowers cellular ATP production by 48%, exercise-induced insulin sensitivity up to 54% and blood glucose levels. It's really not something you want to take.

D

danishispsychic

It blocks the uptake of vitamin B1, it enters cells instead of B1, depletes B12, impairs homocysteine metabolism, derails complex I activity possible by depleting CoQ10 and folate. It actually lowers cellular ATP production by 48%, exercise-induced insulin sensitivity up to 54% and blood glucose levels. It's really not something you want to take.

Thanks for the heads up - I hope I dont die :) Ill let you know in a month where my labs are looking. So far, I like it.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Citations please

mostlylurking

I have been on Metformin now for about a year. It seems like I have aged a lot within this past year! I do know that there are MANY articles stating that this an anti aging pill.

Also, I think it may be affecting my cognitive functioning. I am not diabetic but I do have hyperinsulinemia and that's why my doctor prescribed it for me.

Has anyone else experienced negative side effects with Metformin? Thank you!
Metformin blocks thiamine function. Diabetics are already low in thiamine.

Thiamine is required to convert sugar into ATP. If you are deficient in thiamine, your blood sugar will go up which will trigger the release of insulin. If you correct the thiamine deficiency/functional blockage, your blood sugar will normalize so insulin levels will normalize.

suggested reading:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals