Metformin Is A Mitochondrial Toxin And Raises Lactate

Badger

Haidut, how much lisuride a day would be good for one's research mice that has borderline diabetes/metobolic disorder? Would you feed the mice lisuride or apply topically?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Taking 4g-6g of sodium salicylate for 2 weeks fully reverses even established diabetes. Given how quickly it works, the actual reversal of pathology, and the relative safety (especially if combined with vitamin K) I think this is something every person with insulin resistance issues should try before going to drugs like metformin. GABA agonists like taurine, theanine, and some flavonoids are also highly beneficial. Blocking serotonin or cortisol fully reverses insulin resistance. Things like DHEA, vitamin A, cascara, lapacho, etc all inhibit cortisol synthesis and all have studies showing benefit for insulin resistance. Things like bromocriptine, lisuride, cabergoline, mirtazapine, cyproheptadine also have studies showing reversal of insulin resistance and even diabetes. Btw, bromocriptine is approved as diabetes type II drug in the USA.
Bromocriptine - Wikipedia
"...In 2009, bromocriptine mesylate was approved by the FDA for treatment of type 2 diabetes under the trade name Cycloset (VeroScience). It is currently unknown how this drug improves glycemic control, but it has been shown to reduce HbA1c by ~0.5 percentage points."
So, given all these options I don't see why someone would go for something as dangerous as metformin.

Where are the studies indicating Cyproheptadine is effective for diabetes!?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Taking 4g-6g of sodium salicylate for 2 weeks fully reverses even established diabetes
The influence of Sodium-salicylate on insulin secretion and blood glucose behaviour was examined in 6 metabolic healthy persons and 9 type II-diabetics. Insulin secretion and blood glucose were twice examined under a combined stimulation with 100 g glucose (orally), 0.33 g glucose (Bolus injection) and 1.0 mg glucagon (i. v.) with and without a simultaneous infusion of Sodium salicylate during the whole period of examination (40 mg over 120 min). Sodium salicylate effected in type II-diabetics and metabolic healthy persons higher insulin levels. Qualitative differences of the insulin secretion pattern were not to be seen. In spite of higher insulin levels blood glucose was not influenced by Sodium salicylate.

Have you done a thread on Sodium salicylate?? @haidut

Or have you blogged about it @Hans ??

D

danishispsychic

I know Metformin is the devil how EVER..... it has caused me to detox a lot of parasites . Not ever sure why. Additionally, I just take B with it and Mag. I am not saying I am in love with it but it is doing something for me. Hope I don't die :)

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I know Metformin is the devil how EVER..... it has caused me to detox a lot of parasites . Not ever sure why. Additionally, I just take B with it and Mag. I am not saying I am in love with it but it is doing something for me. Hope I don't die :)

I have used it a bit as well and I like how I feel on it.... It depletes vitamins so just take it with vitamins... I will make a thread on metformin alternatives.

Hans

Forum Supporter
The influence of Sodium-salicylate on insulin secretion and blood glucose behaviour was examined in 6 metabolic healthy persons and 9 type II-diabetics. Insulin secretion and blood glucose were twice examined under a combined stimulation with 100 g glucose (orally), 0.33 g glucose (Bolus injection) and 1.0 mg glucagon (i. v.) with and without a simultaneous infusion of Sodium salicylate during the whole period of examination (40 mg over 120 min). Sodium salicylate effected in type II-diabetics and metabolic healthy persons higher insulin levels. Qualitative differences of the insulin secretion pattern were not to be seen. In spite of higher insulin levels blood glucose was not influenced by Sodium salicylate.

Have you done a thread on Sodium salicylate?? @haidut

Or have you blogged about it @Hans ??
I have not written about it yet, but a few studies show that high dose aspirin, 7-9g daily was able to replace insulin injections in some of the participants. This study was only done for 1 month and after they stopped the aspirin, they slowly had to increase their insulin dose again. So the results were not lasting, but the study was most likely too short to elicit any permanent improvements.
@DaveFoster is the aspirin guru so maybe he can add something about aspirin, insulin and glucose metabolism.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I have not written about it yet, but a few studies show that high dose aspirin, 7-9g daily was able to replace insulin injections in some of the participants. This study was only done for 1 month and after they stopped the aspirin, they slowly had to increase their insulin dose again. So the results were not lasting, but the study was most likely too short to elicit any permanent improvements.
@DaveFoster is the aspirin guru so maybe he can add something about aspirin, insulin and glucose metabolism.

Wow, that's decent.

Thanks man. Will speak to Dave.

ejalrp

Taking 4g-6g of sodium salicylate for 2 weeks fully reverses even established diabetes. Given how quickly it works, the actual reversal of pathology, and the relative safety (especially if combined with vitamin K) I think this is something every person with insulin resistance issues should try before going to drugs like metformin. .

Is sodium salicylate available OTC? I googled it and nothing came up in terms of a commonly available remedy.

Dr. B

mate what if you do willow tree bark supps instead of aspirin
im not sure if aspirin is even sourced from trees these days, wikipedia mentions all kinds of industrial methods to produce both acetic acid and salycylic acid, so is it possible aspirin is being manufactured synthetically now instead of extracted from willow bark and this is why some have issues with it
mate what if you do willow tree bark supps instead of aspirin
im not sure if aspirin is even sourced from trees these days, wikipedia mentions all kinds of industrial methods to produce both acetic acid and salycylic acid, so is it possible aspirin is being manufactured synthetically now instead of extracted from willow bark and this is why some have issues with it

aliml

Metformin is a potential reproductive toxicant​

Metformin is the first-line oral treatment for type 2 diabetes mellitus and is prescribed to more than 150 million people worldwide. Metformin’s effect as a glucose-lowering drug is well documented but the precise mechanism of action is unknown. A recent finding of an association between paternal metformin treatment and increased numbers of genital birth defects in sons and a tendency towards a skewed secondary sex ratio with less male offspring prompted us to focus on other evidence of reproductive side effects of this drug. Metformin in humans is documented to reduce the circulating level of testosterone in both men and women. In experimental animal models, metformin exposure in utero induced sex-specific reproductive changes in adult rat male offspring with reduced fertility manifested as a 30% decrease in litter size and metformin exposure to fish, induced intersex documented in testicular tissue. Metformin is excreted unchanged into urine and feces and is present in wastewater and even in the effluent of wastewater treatment plants from where it spreads to rivers, lakes, and drinking water. It is documented to be present in numerous freshwater samples throughout the world – and even in drinking water. We here present the hypothesis that metformin needs to be considered a potential reproductive toxicant for humans, and probably also for wildlife. There is an urgent need for studies exploring the association between metformin exposure and reproductive outcomes in humans, experimental animals, and aquatic wildlife.

Metformin is a potential reproductive toxicant​

Metformin is the first-line oral treatment for type 2 diabetes mellitus and is prescribed to more than 150 million people worldwide. Metformin’s effect as a glucose-lowering drug is well documented but the precise mechanism of action is unknown. A recent finding of an association between paternal metformin treatment and increased numbers of genital birth defects in sons and a tendency towards a skewed secondary sex ratio with less male offspring prompted us to focus on other evidence of reproductive side effects of this drug. Metformin in humans is documented to reduce the circulating level of testosterone in both men and women. In experimental animal models, metformin exposure in utero induced sex-specific reproductive changes in adult rat male offspring with reduced fertility manifested as a 30% decrease in litter size and metformin exposure to fish, induced intersex documented in testicular tissue. Metformin is excreted unchanged into urine and feces and is present in wastewater and even in the effluent of wastewater treatment plants from where it spreads to rivers, lakes, and drinking water. It is documented to be present in numerous freshwater samples throughout the world – and even in drinking water. We here present the hypothesis that metformin needs to be considered a potential reproductive toxicant for humans, and probably also for wildlife. There is an urgent need for studies exploring the association between metformin exposure and reproductive outcomes in humans, experimental animals, and aquatic wildlife.
Great article! Thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals