Quality

Well first of all, im going to do a complete washout of my rats current supplements, so my rat can "feel" the effects of metergoline standalone.
This will take about 2 weeks for everything to be out of my rats system, after that I will give my rat 1 drop in the morning first day, then watch his subjective mood for the next 4 days, after that 2 drops in the morning, again watch his mood for 4 days after that, and so on, till (and IF) I find a sweet spot for him.

Quality

Forgot to ask, was there any changes in eating behavior/cravings/apetite.

allblues

No, nothing big, only change is subject feels he can eat restrict eating more. Had some impulsive eating/pleasure eating before, those tendencies have lessened.

Quality

Quality

Rat couldnt resist, used 4 drops in the early morning, rat noticed a slight antifatigue effect and feels somewhat more confrontational in encounters, no positive mood changes yet, feels more blunted even so.

edit: forgot to add, no other supplements been taken today

Last edited:

Quality

It is now early evening, rat is going to eat now.
Rat has had lots of thoughts for the last 2 hours about going to friends tonight to go and drink some alcohol with them.
Rat feels bored and somewhat more anhedonic than normally.

edit: Rat suspects he suffers from SAD, so might be the time of the year aswell, needs to try metergoline for far more days to get a good impression of this substance.

Quality

Update: rat, feels better today than yesterday, used 0.3mg melatonin last night before bed just incase, might have impacted todays mood so far.
Rat has NOT dosed metergoline today, suspects it is the upregulation of serotonin receptors that might make him feel better, especially 5ht1a, 5ht2a, 5ht2c.
Rat will wait 3-4 more days before re-dosing metergoline and will update on mood.
Will give rat next time 8mg single dose in the morning and again wait a couple of days, rat suspects this is the way for him to use metergoline.

edit: forgot to add, rat feels somewhat less distracted by things.

Last edited:

Quality

Rat feels as if this substance lets him make the "correct choices" in life towards a better future.
Rat feels does not feel like it has altered his reward system in any way so far.

edit: Rat feels he is less health concious one day after use, tends to eat what he find on his path, also meal timing is none-existant (eat when he feels like), rat doesnt feel like binging or whatever though.

Last edited:

Quality

@allblues
Do you find metergoline has a buildup effect? Where the more often it would be dosed the greater the effect would be over time?

allblues

I'm not sure, but i think so, subject hasn't dosed today yet he doesn't feel much different than yesterday. It hasn't been like last weekend where he started to feel off when taking a break. It still feels a little unpredictable, but general resilience seems to be increasing along with using it. Will be interesting to see how you feel doing it your way.

My subject agrees with your part about the reward system. Never through this experience has he felt much 'high,' just a nice sense of stability.

Quality

Forgot to add, my rat usually has alot of perfectionism this seems to be less, like my rat would like his supplements at certain times of the day ( recons its a form of insecurity ), this seems to be less while on metergoline so far, and its more like go-with-the-flow.

Orion

Forgot to add, my rat usually has alot of perfectionism this seems to be less, like my rat would like his supplements at certain times of the day ( recons its a form of insecurity ), this seems to be less while on metergoline so far, and its more like go-with-the-flow.

@allblues @Quality
Meter (2 drops) or cypro (1mg) both make my rat have to urinate during the night hours, which I really don't like. Do you experience the same?

Quality

@allblues @Quality
Meter (2 drops) or cypro (1mg) both make my rat have to urinate during the night hours, which I really don't like. Do you experience the same?

Have not noticed this yet, my rat is only 1 day in however.
Rat wants to rule out placebo effect on this substance, will do a 8-16mg dose in 4 days from now.

Rat suffers from less empathy towards others (aspergers syndrome) and hopes to use metergoline as a tool, to see how it affect his mood and such.
Rat hopes to upregulate some of the receptors involving oxytocin production.
Rat notices that GHB/alcohol rebound makes him feel 100% normal as he should be feeling as he would like to always feel ( suspects nmda/d2/5ht2c upregulation is the key )
Rat feels like that the experience itself of GHB/alcohol, allows his brain to 'understand/comprehend' how he could actually feel, then as the drug goes out of his system, his brain recognizes this temporary as a "new setpoint" and makes him more likely to go out of the house to interact with others.
Rat suspects its actually temporary lower oxytocin levels that makes him go out of the house trying to bring oxytocin levels up by interacting with others.

Gamma-hydroxybutyrate enhances mood and prosocial behavior without affecting plasma oxytocin and testosterone.
Gamma-hydroxybutyrate enhances mood and prosocial behavior without affecting plasma oxytocin and testosterone. - PubMed - NCBI

Gamma-hydroxybutyrate and cocaine administration increases mRNA expression of dopamine D1 and D2 receptors in rat brain.
Gamma-hydroxybutyrate and cocaine administration increases mRNA expression of dopamine D1 and D2 receptors in rat brain. - PubMed - NCBI

Up-regulation of NMDA receptor subunits in rat brain following chronic ethanol treatment.

Up-regulation of NMDA receptor subunits in rat brain following chronic ethanol treatment. - PubMed - NCBI

Ethanol induced adaptations in 5-HT2c receptor signaling in the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis: implications for anxiety during ethanol withdrawal.

Ethanol induced adaptations in 5-HT2c receptor signaling in the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis: implications for anxiety during ethanol withdr... - PubMed - NCBI

Funny thing is, I feel LESS anxiety during a hangover of lets say 10 beers or more than i would while being sober, feel my brain shuts down all its logic processing and lives more in the moment.
In fact, a hangover feels like a cure for my mental issues, suspect temporary brain repartitioning makes me normal.

FINALLY JUST LET ME ADD; this are my subjective experiences with ghb/alcohol hangover, i strongly advice people to not experiment with it as everyone is different.

Last edited:

Quality

Same, my rat slept fine, used 4 drops in the morning, one drop on each wrist and one drop on each inner elbow.
Rat did use 0.3mg melatonin at around 10pm, rat went bed earlier than usual and slept full 8 hours uninterrupted.
Rat will NOT USE melatonin the next time he uses 8-16metergoline, rat wants to find out if it messes with sleep in any way.

edit: forgot to add, Rat think he notices somewhat more stress resilience aswell, Rat has been a little bit more stressed lately on average, due to him getting bored of his hyperactive dog.
Rat seems to find it easier to cope with the hyperactive behavior of his dog.
Just did some digging, seems metergoline lowers ACTH, which is a good thing for people who are prone to stress.

Effect of an antiserotoninergic drug, metergoline, on the ACTH and cortisol response to insulin hypoglycemia and lysine-vasopressin in man. - PubMed - NCBI
Inhibition of ACTH response to oral and intravenous metyrapone by antiserotoninergic treatment in man. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

StrongMom

@haidut

Do you think it would work with someone with low cholesterol? I realized that my total cholesterol dropped to 122. Is it too low t get any benefit?

Also, I am pre diabetic. I see that it helps with diabetics and glucose tolerance. But would be a problem in the short term as the sugar goes not go into the cell?

Thanks

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

Do you think it would work with someone with low cholesterol? I realized that my total cholesterol dropped to 122. Is it too low t get any benefit?

Also, I am pre diabetic. I see that it helps with diabetics and glucose tolerance. But would be a problem in the short term as the sugar goes not go into the cell?

Thanks

Not sure what the connection of cholesterol to metergoline would be...It should do what it's supposed to do either way.

StrongMom

Not sure what the connection of cholesterol to metergoline would be...It should do what it's supposed to do either way.

Thanks Haidut. I don't know, either, just wanted to make sure. Thyroid supplements don't seem to work when the cholesterol level goes down. I just wondered if there is any possibility with Metergoline.

Thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals