Quality

Just ordered, my rat is planning to take 2 drops early morning for the first 2 weeks every day (might increase it though if I feel 2 drops wont give me enough effect within the first 2 weeks), after that increasing to 4 drops in the morning for 2 weeks.
Will report back on how my rat seemed to feel energy wise, emotional wise.
Thanks again to Haidut for making this available.

Makrosky

@haidut,

I want to try metergoline but can't afford the idealabs one right now, specially since I'm not sure I will like it. I've looked on the internet and there's a veterinary drug in my country that is plain metergoline tabs (plus excipients of course). I think it's 11 bucks for 16 0,5mg tabs.

I know I react very good to tianeptine and cypro helps me also but sedates me too much and other minor side effects. Hence my interest on it.

Do you think it's safe????Or that it can be compared to yours?

I think veterinary standards ate USP as well?? I can recall some peatarians using veterinary aspirin powder since it is cheaper.

I feel very very weird by the idea of ingesting a drug for dogs aimed at interrupting lactation. Bizzarre.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut,

I want to try metergoline but can't afford the idealabs one right now, specially since I'm not sure I will like it. I've looked on the internet and there's a veterinary drug in my country that is plain metergoline tabs (plus excipients of course). I think it's 11 bucks for 16 0,5mg tabs.

I know I react very good to tianeptine and cypro helps me also but sedates me too much and other minor side effects. Hence my interest on it.

Do you think it's safe????Or that it can be compared to yours?

I think veterinary standards ate USP as well?? I can recall some peatarians using veterinary aspirin powder since it is cheaper.

I feel very very weird by the idea of ingesting a drug for dogs aimed at interrupting lactation. Bizzarre.

If it is $11 for 16 tablets of 0.5mg each then this means $11 for 8mg of metergoline. This means 120mg would cost $165. Our metergoline also provided 120mg in a single bottle and is half the price. So, not sure how that one is cheaper but I guess it is cheaper to test if it works. If it is metergoline then it should be comparable to ours. I can't say if it is safe or not, but Ray seems to think there is no difference when it comes to drugs for humans and animals. He has routinely recommended using the aspirin for horses and cyproheptadine for cats. I doubt there would be toxic excipients but since the standards for animals may be lower than for humans the tablets may contains excipients like powdered glass or other caking agents that would damage the GI tract in humans but are considered OK for animals. Really don't know when it comes to safety but in terms of equivalence it should be the same chemical. I have also seen metergoline being used to stop lactation in cows, dogs, and even monkeys.

Makrosky

If it is $11 for 16 tablets of 0.5mg each then this means $11 for 8mg of metergoline. This means 120mg would cost $165. Our metergoline also provided 120mg in a single bottle and is half the price. So, not sure how that one is cheaper but I guess it is cheaper to test if it works. If it is metergoline then it should be comparable to ours. I can't say if it is safe or not, but Ray seems to think there is no difference when it comes to drugs for humans and animals. He has routinely recommended using the aspirin for horses and cyproheptadine for cats. I doubt there would be toxic excipients but since the standards for animals may be lower than for humans the tablets may contains excipients like powdered glass or other caking agents that would damage the GI tract in humans but are considered OK for animals. Really don't know when it comes to safety but in terms of equivalence it should be the same chemical. I have also seen metergoline being used to stop lactation in cows, dogs, and even monkeys.

Cool haidut, that's what I thought, thanks!!! That's the whole point. Test it for 11 bucks and see if it's worth buying yours which of course it's cheaper and zero excipients or additives.

Quality

Would this be good for agoraphobic panic attacks???
Seems SSRI's(which im strongly against in general) and benzo's are the way to go for this by looking at the wikipedia page.
Serotonin ANTAGONISTS, such as Metergoline might make it worse.
Again, It depends where 'your?' fears originates from.

TurtleNeck

Seems SSRI's(which im strongly against in general) and benzo's are the way to go for this by looking at the wikipedia page.

Thats odd I always thought the theory around here was that serotonin CAUSED learned helplessness anxiety depression etc?

Quality

Both high serotonin as high noradrenalin/adrenalin can cause anxiety...
Are you sure you have even read about agoraphobic panic attacks on wikipedia...?

TurtleNeck

Are you sure you have even read about agoraphobic panic attacks on wikipedia...?

If high serotonin is one of the causes why would you recommend a ssri?
??

Yes i am extremly aware that adrenaline is the anxiety response. Wikipedia says this quote

"Antidepressant medications most commonly used to treat anxiety disorders are mainly selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. Benzodiazepines, MAO inhibitors, and tricyclic antidepressants are also sometimes prescribed for treatment of agoraphobia"

They also prescribe ssri for depression but that doesent mean its right and know of many stories of suicide and worsening of symptoms on ssri? Curious of why you would recommened them?

Quality

If high serotonin is one of the causes why would you recommend a ssri?
??

Yes i am extremly aware that adrenaline is the anxiety response. Wikipedia says this quote

"Antidepressant medications most commonly used to treat anxiety disorders are mainly selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. Benzodiazepines, MAO inhibitors, and tricyclic antidepressants are also sometimes prescribed for treatment of agoraphobia"

They also prescribe ssri for depression but that doesent mean its right and know of many stories of suicide and worsening of symptoms on ssri? Curious of why you would recommened them?
Do you even read what you say yourself?
You said you or for someone else that you know? want to try metergoline cause of agoraphobic panic attacks, look it up on wiki.. takes 2seconds, look at the recommendations that they give there.
Besides if your so paniced as you do seem to be, go see a psychiatrist or something?
Also I said im personally against SSRI use... scroll up,... it helps...

TurtleNeck

You reccomend SSRI's then you say

Then you recommend something that raises serotonin. Claiming the later that lowering it makes it worse. No psychiatrist will make home visits or phone calls around here.

Quality

I said its the way to go ACCORDING TO THE WIKI PAGE, not due to my own opinion as you could clearly see that i wrote which im strongly against jezus... the people on here sometimes.
If you all know it so well why come here asking for people their opinion.

TurtleNeck

I said its the way to go ACCORDING TO THE WIKI PAGE, not due to my own opinion as you could clearly see that i wrote which im strongly against jezus... the people on here sometimes.
If you all know it so well why come here asking for people their opinion.

Blame the people for your poor explaining skills I see. Nice

Quality

If you dont take the time to read people their post, sure.
Anyway if you want to have the last word like a little kid, go n carry on, couldnt care less now tried to help.

TurtleNeck

If you dont take the time to read people their post, sure.
Anyway if you want to have the last word like a little kid, go n carry on, couldnt care less now tried to help.

Alright dude I was just confused :S relax !!!!

sprinter

Read the last few posts....Turtleneck don't apologize. Quality's first response to you made absolutely no sense, despite him trying to explain that it somehow did.

PUTFOT

Do dopamine agonist / serotonin antagonist drugs have a positive effect after cessation (increased baseline dopamine and dopamine receptors and decreased baseline serotonin and serotonin receptors)?

Quality

Dopamine agonists by themselves can have withdrawal symptoms and im sure this is due to receptor downregulation, unsure about serotonin antagonist.
When my metergoline arrives I will be keeping this thread updated with my subjective experience on it, and while off.

Orion

Rat had two drops yesterday in the 8am, terrible sleep that evening, rat complained that it was like being in a high cortisol state. Rat was fed high calories and sugar all day long before being tucked in. Was thinking the opposite would happen - deep sleep.