DaveFoster

Metergoline seems to make my subject much more motivated. Subject tends to feel much more responsible and productive on the substance. Mood is stable. Will keep updating.
Updates? Have you conquered the business world yet like haidut?

Constatine

You are not alone. My rat has yet to try metergoline, but I am hesistant to waste extra cash on it, knowing that I have not had any favorable reaction to both lisuride and ritanserin. plus I don't want to go down that rabbit hole of increasing the dose just to feel something from it not knowing what the negative consequences are with higher dosing of these chemicals.

For some reason, I get a more favorable reaction to just taking lysine. I'd like to know what's up with that, and why my rat is not a good responder to the above mentioned chemicals.
I would not waste money on metergoline if you did not react to lisuride which is a stronger substance in my opinion. Also what are you hoping to accomplish with serotonin antagonists? If your mood is already stable then I doubt metergoline would be of much use to you. It seems to me metergoline just makes my rat feel normal hence if you are already in a good place I doubt it would help.

Constatine

Updates? Have you conquered the business world yet like haidut?
No but I have conquered the computer science world. Writing code is noticeably easier on metergoline unless I take too much. If I take 8 drops I feel pretty zoned. Its not difficult to think in such a state and its very relaxing but its not productive for work. A good dose is 2 - 4 drops. On this dose my head is very clear and I am very motivated. However the motivation does not seem to stem from any dopamine related pathways (if I may say so anecdotally) but rather it stems from increased awareness of my surroundings. I think peat said that serotonin acts as a mask to the senses, with this mask lifted all you responsibilities become clear.

DaveFoster

No but I have conquered the computer science world. Writing code is noticeably easier on metergoline unless I take too much. If I take 8 drops I feel pretty zoned. Its not difficult to think in such a state and its very relaxing but its not productive for work. A good dose is 2 - 4 drops. On this dose my head is very clear and I am very motivated. However the motivation does not seem to stem from any dopamine related pathways (if I may say so anecdotally) but rather it stems from increased awareness of my surroundings. I think peat said that serotonin acts as a mask to the senses, with this mask lifted all you responsibilities become clear.
Interesting; thanks for the reply.

dookie

Nicergoline has none of the anti-serotonin and pro-dopamine effects of metergoline. In fact, other than the similar structure I am not sure they have anything in common functionally.

Yet Nicergoline is still prescribed for cognitive dysfunction, unsteadiness, dementia and other issues in several countries. So possibly it has benefits besides the anti-serotonin and pro-dopamine effects?

Constatine

Quick update: Metergoline seems to dramatically lower inhibition but it lacks the other effects of alcohol thus it is not really noticeable. You tend to realize you were very social and outgoing after events. I remember reading that serotonin is inversely related to risk taking behavior and this is apparent on Metergoline. My rat says it seems to root him in the moment which is pretty nice. Makes a very good pro social and even pro general experience substance, though it does decrease behavioral inhibition a lot so be careful you don't start fights or tell your wife her cooking sucks...
Also it makes my rat want to go out and have fun versus do work... which requires some self discipline.

Here is an interesting study regarding serotonin's role in behavioral inhibition: Reconciling the Role of Serotonin in Behavioral Inhibition and Aversion: Acute Tryptophan Depletion Abolishes Punishment-Induced Inhibition in Humans | Journal of Neuroscience

Last edited:

jaakkima

Quick update: Metergoline seems to dramatically lower inhibition but it lacks the other effects of alcohol thus it is not really noticeable. You tend to realize you were very social and outgoing after events. I remember reading that serotonin is inversely related to risk taking behavior and this is apparent on Metergoline. My rat says it seems to root him in the moment which is pretty nice. Makes a very good pro social and even pro general experience substance, though it does decrease behavioral inhibition a lot so be careful you don't start fights or tell your wife her cooking sucks...
Also it makes my rat want to go out and have fun versus do work... which requires some self discipline.

Here is an interesting study regarding serotonin's role in behavioral inhibition: Reconciling the Role of Serotonin in Behavioral Inhibition and Aversion: Acute Tryptophan Depletion Abolishes Punishment-Induced Inhibition in Humans | Journal of Neuroscience

That's awesome. You had used lisuride before? Did you find that or other serotonin antagonists to feel comparable in terms of the drop in social inhibition?

Constatine

That's awesome. You had used lisuride before? Did you find that or other serotonin antagonists to feel comparable in terms of the drop in social inhibition?
I have not used lisuride before. Metergoline is my rat's first strong serotonin antagonist but I am sure lisuride will have a similar effect (the effect might even be greater due to more pronounced dopamine agonism). I am planning for my rat to experiment with lisuride by itself and in combo with metergoline and will keep this thread updated. Also just to clarify the reduced social inhibition does not stem from reduced anxiety but from something else entirely. You kind of just find yourself doing things naturally...very strange.

Quality

Hi Constatine,
First of all would like to thank you for the experience updates you have done and please continue to keep doing so.
I will give this a try next month when my money arrives, is there any chance the other people who ordered this can also give some updates about it.

ps. what dose were you using Constatine?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Last edited:

Constatine

Hi Constatine,
First of all would like to thank you for the experience updates you have done and please continue to keep doing so.
I will give this a try next month when my money arrives, is there any chance the other people who ordered this can also give some updates about it.

ps. what dose were you using Constatine?
That's great feedback! Any info on dosage for the rat?
My rat is using 2 drops on weekdays and 5 drops on weekends for an added pro social effect. The difference in effect between dosages is only barely noticeable though, but it is there.

Quality

Thats good to know.
Im curious how long term chronic treatment would work out, regarding tollerance and possible side effects as such.

Quality

How many drops are there in total in the container?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Last edited:

Quality

I kinda got lost in the thread couldnt remember if it was in the first post but it is.

Constatine

Thats good to know.
Im curious how long term chronic treatment would work out, regarding tollerance and possible side effects as such.
I'll report any side effects as time goes on. The only side effect my rat has experienced so far is an increase in anxiety...however it is a very strange occurance. This anxiety actually feels good and refreshing for some reason and is more akin to excitement I think.

Experience report: I have noticed that my rat feels much like a little kid on metergoline (not a decrease in manly personality traits but rather an increase in playful behavior). My rat feels like he wants to go snowboarding, partying, and hiking on metergoline. I will try to observe any negative side effects as time goes on and will keep you all in the loop. Also I encourage anyone else taking this to share your experience reports as everyone is different.

Quality

Agree there with the anxiety thing constatine, some mild anxiety is always good imo, makes you appreciate the smaller things in life more.
Has to do with nociception I personally think, pain and pleasure are closely intertwined in the brain.

vetiver

Dosed 4 drops this afternoon. It is super energising. 12 hours later I can't sleep but I feel great - I've been dancing naked in my room for hours! I didn't have such a good response with Ritanserin and the Lisuride was probably too dopaminergic for me. This is the sweet spot! Wondering if I can combine it with cypro/ if that's really necessary/but possibly need something sedating for evenings.

Pet Peeve

I would really like to know if there's a rat that absolutely couldn't tolerate lisuride that did well on metergoline? And possibly how they'd compare to bromocriptine.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Dosed 4 drops this afternoon. It is super energising. 12 hours later I can't sleep but I feel great - I've been dancing naked in my room for hours! I didn't have such a good response with Ritanserin and the Lisuride was probably too dopaminergic for me. This is the sweet spot! Wondering if I can combine it with cypro/ if that's really necessary/but possibly need something sedating for evenings.

I feel the same way - metergoline may well be the sweet spot for a single anti-serotonin chemical to experiment with and without the need for additional dopaminergic chemical. I don't think cypro will add much except the anti-cholinergic and stronger antihistamine effects, which may or may not be needed depending on the situation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals