OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Not happy with the sleepy side affect of cypro....what about metergoline?

I don't find it sedating but that's just me. The sedation from cypro is mostly from the antihistamine action.

Risingfire

Do you think this could potentially regrow a rat's hair? The prostaglandin antagonist interests me.

Also, is this substance better taken at night or the morning?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you think this could potentially regrow a rat's hair? The prostaglandin antagonist interests me.

Also, is this substance better taken at night or the morning?

I am not aware of any studies with it for hair growth. It can be taken any time of the day but in higher doses its dopaminergic agonism probably becomes stronger so if taking more than 4mg in a single dose I would take in the morning as is the recommendation for other dopamine agonists.

Risingfire

I am not aware of any studies with it for hair growth. It can be taken any time of the day but in higher doses its dopaminergic agonism probably becomes stronger so if taking more than 4mg in a single dose I would take in the morning as is the recommendation for other dopamine agonists.
Thanks

jaakkima

Is this thought to be more or less dopaminergic and more or less anti-prolactin than lisuride? If one has a stockpile of cyproheptadine and using it with lisuride I wonder if there would be anything metergoline would do making it worth any extra investment...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is this thought to be more or less dopaminergic and more or less anti-prolactin than lisuride? If one has a stockpile of cyproheptadine and using it with lisuride I wonder if there would be anything metergoline would do making it worth any extra investment...

It would probably have an additive effect when combined with a dopamine agonist like bromocriptine or lisuride.

Last edited:

Quality

Is there any chance these substances are being tested for whats inside?
Personally id like to know.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is there any chance these substances are being tested for whats inside?
Personally id like to know.

We just contracted a lab in North Carolina that will do the testing. The testing will start in first week of November, so I am hoping that by the end of the year we will actually have a COA for every single supplement.

Quality

That sounds awesome

nikoniss

hi new member here,

two questions,

does metergoline have antihistamine action?
is it anticholinergic?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
hi new member here,

two questions,

does metergoline have antihistamine action?
is it anticholinergic?

It does seem to have some of both activity but it is rather weak to be of clinical significance.
Effect of two antiserotoninergic drugs, methysergide and metergoline, on gastric acid secretion and gastrin release in healthy man
"...The effects of acute oral administration of the antiserotoninergic drugs methysergide (3 mg) and metergoline (4 mg) on basal, submaximal (0.6 µg/kg i. m.) and maximal (6 µg/kg) pentagastrinstimulated gastric acid secretion, as well as on basal and food-induced gastrin release, have been evaluated in healthy volunteers. Methysergide significantly increased basal and submaximal pentagastrin-stimulated gastric acid secretion, and metergoline significantly inhibited gastric acidity in all experiments. Basal and stimulated serum gastrin concentrations were not modified by either drug. The effect of methysergide on gastric acid secretion was opposed to that of serotonin and was probably dependent on its antiserotoninergic action, but the decrease in gastric acidity caused by metergoline is not easily explained. Although the effect is similar to that of a dopamine infusion, it does not depend on dopamine receptor stimulation, since it was not influenced by pretreatment with metoclopramide. It is suggested that it might be due to the weak anticholinergic and/or antihistaminic properties of metergoline."

TubZy

I'm assuming due to the prolactin lowering effect it could def boost libido and T/DHT?

Last edited:

tara

Hi Haidut,
Do you have any comment on how you think this his would compare with other anti-serotonin agents for treating migraine? Prophylactically or abortive? Likely withdrawal effects?

Regina

Hi Haidut,
Do you have any comment on how you think this his would compare with other anti-serotonin agents for treating migraine? Prophylactically or abortive? Likely withdrawal effects?
Hi tara,
I definitely don't want to jump over Haidut's answer to you.
But as an aside, if the question was for yourself, have you tried buteyko breathing?
I tried the Control Pause test tonight and did terrible. Like 20 seconds.
And really, we do a lot of breathing exercises in my training and I still sucked at Buteyko.
We do something similar in my school called Misogi breathing. Whenever we do it, I just cheat. Absurd, I know.

Though they never tell us why we do the things we do in training (they believe in physical transmission- not scripture or lecture), it is very interesting that they came up with the same goal as Buteyko. The main teacher who does Misogi can do the exhale for 3 minutes. It's just weird.

But now there are enough data points that this is something to pursue.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi Haidut,

It has been used for migraines and it is approved as migraine drug in some countries. I don't know if it treats it, as migraines are a metabolic disease. Broda Barnes has a few quotes on this forum saying once thyroid function improves the migraines disappear and do not return unless hypothyroidism sets in again.

Last edited:

Quality

Im not sure exactly how serotonin affects the thyroid, but im 100% sure that TSH and prolactin are linked (think of subclinical hypothyroidism)
And chances are high Ive seen this many times, including myself years ago when I was in a state of constant stress bombardement.
Having used 50-75mcg levothyroxine in the morning on empty stomach got my prolactin levels down from top end of the range to low-middle ish range.

CoconutEffect

Hey Haidut,
My rat does not respond to Ritanserin, Lisuride or Androsterone.
My rat is very depressed and Tianeptine Sulfate provides substantial relief only when taken every 3 or 4 days.
My rat also does well with Methylphenidate but tolerance seems to build rapidly, and so again, cycling is necessary.
Based on the foregoing, is there reason to believe Metergoline could provide benefit?
Rat is desperate, recovering from Klonopin withdrawal syndrome, has bipolar depression, and the mornings are gratuitously difficult.

tara

It has been used for migraines and it is approved as migraine drug in some countries. I don't know if it treats it, as migraines are a metabolic disease. Broda Barnes has a few quotes on this forum saying once thyroid function improves the migraines disappear and do not return unless hypothyroidism sets in again. But anti-serotonin chemicals definitely have their place for daily treatment while working on thyroid and diet.
Thanks Haidut.

We just contracted a lab in North Carolina that will do the testing. The testing will start in first week of November, so I am hoping that by the end of the year we will actually have a COA for every single supplement.

:hearteyes:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals