OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've tried MET a few times over the last 9 months or so but never felt anything, so I gave up. Yesterday, for various reasons, I read through this entire thread again, and I decided I should try it orally (I had tried only topical previously). So this morning I did 4 drops sublingual, and WOW! This feels like Diamant but gentler, I think (at least at this dose). Today is the best I've felt in a while, so I'm going to keep testing.

Great, thanks for sharing!

Bengt

Anyone's rat with emotional blunting feeling more emotions on metergoline? Improvements in anhedonia?

Bluemustang

The half-life seems rather long - about 12h, so it can be administered only twice a day and in fact most studies I saw used once daily administration.

I was curious about the half-life myself and found this:

"Generally, it would be considered atypical for a psychotropic drug to show clinical effects after a single dose. On the basis of pharmacokinetics (Tmax of 1 and 1-1/2 hr and half-life of 50 and 100 minutes for metergoline and its metabolite l-demethylmetergoline, respectively27), one would not expect effects to persist beyond 9 hours. However, available pharmacodynamic data suggest that metergoline’s receptor effects may last longer than what one would predict from plasma levels alone. Early in vivo work showed that metergoline reduces the bronchospastic effects of 5-HT by 50% for 24-48 hours11. Studies in humans have shown that single doses of metergoline can affect symptoms of anxiety for at least 24 hours in healthy volunteers28 and for several days in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder20."

I don't think I can post links yet but will do so once I can.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I was curious about the half-life myself and found this:

"Generally, it would be considered atypical for a psychotropic drug to show clinical effects after a single dose. On the basis of pharmacokinetics (Tmax of 1 and 1-1/2 hr and half-life of 50 and 100 minutes for metergoline and its metabolite l-demethylmetergoline, respectively27), one would not expect effects to persist beyond 9 hours. However, available pharmacodynamic data suggest that metergoline’s receptor effects may last longer than what one would predict from plasma levels alone. Early in vivo work showed that metergoline reduces the bronchospastic effects of 5-HT by 50% for 24-48 hours11. Studies in humans have shown that single doses of metergoline can affect symptoms of anxiety for at least 24 hours in healthy volunteers28 and for several days in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder20."

I don't think I can post links yet but will do so once I can.

This would explain why a single dose of 8mg weekly relieved seasonal effective disorder (SAD) in people. So, it can be a really long-acting antidepressant, which would lower the cost of use even more as it would be used weekly instead of daily.

Very powerful on libido!! Nofap is very challenging on this substance

I have read another members experience which relates to my rats which is being more pro-social. When given to rat, gave to orally and seemed to benefit more vs. topical.

Taken every couple days seems to be optimal for my rat's system as taken every day / 2x daily is too much serotonin antagonism and seems to weigh down and cause a depression / having no feelings , similiar to what the glorious SWS agonist Ritanserin would achieve, which causes the experience of life to not be so fun.

Noticed my rat also exhibited a bit of a calmer energy as well having more exciting and colorful ideas, taking conversations from a usual left logical brain to a wild and free right brain conversation.

Wakefulness increased rather nicely and noticed this especially in mornings, which seemed to help from fatigue caused by prolactin.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
taking conversations from a usual left logical brain to a wild and free right brain conversation

Great, thanks for the awesome feedback! Btw, Peta spoke in one of his articles about left-right brain issue and said in reality it is the exact opposite - the left side is the creative and the right one the logical parts of the brain. Hence why quite a few artistically adept people are lefties or at least ambidextrous.

Koveras

Great, thanks for the awesome feedback! Btw, Peta spoke in one of his articles about left-right brain issue and said in reality it is the exact opposite - the left side is the creative and the right one the logical parts of the brain. Hence why quite a few artistically adept people are lefties or at least ambidextrous.

Does not the right side of the brain control control the left side of the body (and vice versa)?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Does not the right side of the brain control control the left side of the body (and vice versa)?

That is in regards to muscle control. But I think the preference for which limb to use is linked to the same side of brain dominance.

Wagner83

We just contracted a lab in North Carolina that will do the testing. The testing will start in first week of November, so I am hoping that by the end of the year we will actually have a COA for every single supplement.
IS that still going to happen? I know you did particular tests some time ago but curious about CoAs for all supplements.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
IS that still going to happen? I know you did particular tests some time ago but curious about CoAs for all supplements.

Yes, but we will have to limit it to a few product at this time. The CoA runs about $2k per product and the lab offers no discounts on that. So, I will make a poll on what 3 products people want tested most. If I find a cheaper lab we can do more CoA later on.

I gave my rat 8 drops before bed .

it had so much energy /goodfeelings/joy etc. It even tried to meditate for about 40 min . Was just too amped up in a good way to fall asleep so for my rat def. A day time substance
How did your rat not puke with 8 drops?

Owen B

Cool. Neat idea with amber foil.
I got these cheapo amber night lights. I think I'll move one into the bedroom. THX!!
Amber LED Night Light With Sensor (Pack of 2)
Regina....Am I missing anything with this amber light thing?? I've tried amber lights and orange glasses and they induce so much melatonin I start falling asleep on my feet. In fact, I tried the amber LEDs you linked to in your other post and the exact thing happened to me that RP wrote about in his newsletter. The light keyed melatonin up so I kept waking up every 10-15 mins. I would fall into a intense dream state, then wake up. Then fall asleep, and start the whole thing over again. Was the melatonin trying to remind me that I was in too deep of a sleep? Was I getting the worst of both worlds?
Terman in his book, "Resetting Your Biological Clock" is big on orange and amber too. I sent everything back I bought.

Wagner83

Yes, but we will have to limit it to a few product at this time. The CoA runs about $2k per product and the lab offers no discounts on that. So, I will make a poll on what 3 products people want tested most. If I find a cheaper lab we can do more CoA later on.
Ok thanks, given the fees involved I guess you will do a CoA for one batch of a product and not for the following batches except if your source changes right? How quick do you run through batches on average?
In my rat even at 3 topical drops sometimes there is nausea and I have to wash the skin...
What positive effects do you notice ?

Regina

Regina....Am I missing anything with this amber light thing?? I've tried amber lights and orange glasses and they induce so much melatonin I start falling asleep on my feet. In fact, I tried the amber LEDs you linked to in your other post and the exact thing happened to me that RP wrote about in his newsletter. The light keyed melatonin up so I kept waking up every 10-15 mins. I would fall into a intense dream state, then wake up. Then fall asleep, and start the whole thing over again. Was the melatonin trying to remind me that I was in too deep of a sleep? Was I getting the worst of both worlds?
Terman in his book, "Resetting Your Biological Clock" is big on orange and amber too. I sent everything back I bought.
Hmm. I do keep one amber night light on for sleep. For me, the room seems less stressful. (?)
But I do more heavy duty red lights in the evening before going to bed.

Owen B

Hmm. I do keep one amber night light on for sleep. For me, the room seems less stressful. (?)
But I do more heavy duty red lights in the evening before going to bed.
Regina.....have you tried red light during sleep? That would be my next experiment in this area. I'm trying to digest the whole amber light info. I don't understand it, I think. I thought one needed to keep melatonin down. Like most hormones I'm guessing it's best for it to be released on a cycle. The amber lights seem to flood my system with melatonin.

Regina

Regina.....have you tried red light during sleep? That would be my next experiment in this area. I'm trying to digest the whole amber light info. I don't understand it, I think. I thought one needed to keep melatonin down. Like most hormones I'm guessing it's best for it to be released on a cycle. The amber lights seem to flood my system with melatonin.
I'm weird. I have amber nite lite but sleep with a floppy down pillow over my face. :bucktooth: This whole year has been the best sleep of my life.
My house is very old and pitch black and in a cold climate. I like the bit of glow in the room.

Spokey

I'm still searching for the perfect "performance enhancement" stack. Metergoline is in there.
My concern is remaining in the aikido game. Peating and supps have made my body way more resilient to injury. All throws, joint-locks and pins are fine. However, I can't find any endurance. I quickly "run out of bullets" and start huffin' n puffin' for air on the mat. Feel overwhelmed by the herculean task of keeping it up contact game. (it's on and off type training between listening to the instructor, changing partners and then hard contact goes back on). I guess it is my lungs crapping out. Because everything else feels perfectly fine. I feel zero soreness. I almost wish I would. I go home and think, 'well just recover'. But it is like 'recover what?' No part of my body feels sore or fatigued and my lungs feel fine. I even had the top dog instructor whisper into my ear last night, "You could f-king shred this if you could just get passed this endurance thing." I'm very discouraged because I enjoy it so much but can't find a way to blast through.
I eat Peaty and take niacinamide, taurine, aspirin, pregnenolone, caffeine, occasional tyromix, MB, androsterone and metergoline.
I should be thankful for feeling so well and having so much mobility. I wish I could keep a tank of C02 off-mat to swig on between rounds.
The problem does not feel like lactic acid. That is what is weird. It's specifically only air-hunger.

The endurance issue sounds like you're using a lot of effort in your technique. It's worth reading the work of Peter Ralston to appreciate the benefit that effortless technique can give you in terms of enduring that sort of punishment.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals