OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I gave my rat 8 drops before bed .

it had so much energy /goodfeelings/joy etc. It even tried to meditate for about 40 min . Was just too amped up in a good way to fall asleep so for my rat def. A day time substance

Thanks, good to know. Confirms my experience with it as well.

Nokoni

This stuff is amazing. Two drops oral last night, quiet little Rat Park all night, two more this morning, and today I’ve got a lab full of rats strolling around, cleaning their nests, giving each other high noses, lining up for their turn at backstroking the forced swim test, dudes holding open gates, gals batting little eyelashes. Calm, confident, productive, happy critters.

YMMV, but at least for rats of the geriatric strain who are already squared away with nutrition and other cumulative-toxin-counteracting supplements, the immediate results are highly impressive. Of course, the experiment is still in early days, so time will tell, but things are off to a very good start indeed.

Makrosky

Ok I'm gonna give my experience with my first dose and keep updating as far as I keep experimenting. I was really tired about my headaches and had to try something new since all the other tools I had at hand didn't seem to work except aspirin for some relief.

My first dose has been oral 1mg with stomach full (veterinary version of metergoline bought locally while waiting for idealabs one to arrive).

Basically... Some slight anxiety as other users reported... no changes in mood. Feel more compelled to "move" and "do things". This lasted for 3-4 hours but nothing really extreme. I also noticed my nose nostrils were much more open and I was breathing more deeply.

After that I went home, I was feeling really hungry, had some food and became really horny. Like a big boost of libido. But I was steel feeling uncomfortably anxious so I went to bed with the idea of not sleeping but just resting a while so the anxiety would come down. I felt asleep. Deeply. I woke up 2 hours later, kind of groggy, like I'm now.

I'm muuuuuch more calm, it reminds me a lot to cyproheptadine. But I feel like sedated. Kinda groggy. Slow. Even tired Iwould say. I think I was probably in a high serotonin/cortisol state (hence the headaches). We'll see.

By the way much less headache/brainfog even with the groggy feeling. That's for sure.

Stay tuned

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This stuff is amazing. Two drops oral last night, quiet little Rat Park all night, two more this morning, and today I’ve got a lab full of rats strolling around, cleaning their nests, giving each other high noses, lining up for their turn at backstroking the forced swim test, dudes holding open gates, gals batting little eyelashes. Calm, confident, productive, happy critters.

YMMV, but at least for rats of the geriatric strain who are already squared away with nutrition and other cumulative-toxin-counteracting supplements, the immediate results are highly impressive. Of course, the experiment is still in early days, so time will tell, but things are off to a very good start indeed.

Confirms my experience as well. Metergoline is by far my favorite anti-serotonin chemical of them all. No grogginess like cypro and no known liver toxicities.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut do you think theres danger in using metergoline+tianeptine? Thanks

I would not mix these two. Something about tianeptine and the recent cases of OD on it that gives me pause about that chemical. Peat has stopped recommending it to people as well, and I doubt it is a coincidence.

Makrosky

I would not mix these two. Something about tianeptine and the recent cases of OD on it that gives me pause about that chemical. Peat has stopped recommending it to people as well, and I doubt it is a coincidence.
I didn't know about that!! Overdose? Do you have more info please? Tianeptine is one of my favourite therapeutical drugs.

Terma

I have extensive personal experience with tianeptine. It's one of the most useful substances out there in my opinion and there are accounts of people addicted to high doses for 10 years finally weaning off without apparent damage. I don't believe it's dangerous, but the withdrawals are out of this world, if you're not prepared you may decide to off yourself (rather than the drug killing you).

But I actually opened this to post about metergoline. In my experience it was by far the best out of it, lisuride and ritanserin. Just a smooth dopaminergic effect seen on rats, looking less intrusive on activities than adamantane but not as powerful either. I had to stop using it on them when I figured out the dmso was causing insomnia (from all of them) distorting the experiment, but otherwise I'd consider repurchasing it again for experiments. Price-wise it's not quite as good value as diamant. [edited forgot some details]

Last edited:

Makrosky

Some more comments (dose is always 1 mg, oral) :

- Music sounds better with you, metergoline! MUCH BETTER.
- Much less mental rigidity/authoritarianism, now I understand what Peat says about serotonin and authoritarianism (rigid mental patterns).

However I have mixed feelings, sometimes I get grogginness, others hyperactivity, I don't understand yet how exactly it works. Sometimes not hungry at all, sometimes very hungry. Hmm... I will have to try it topically so I have a consistent timing in the delivery because right now with oral I think it gets too quick into blood if taken with few food on the stomach, or released very slowly if taken with a big meal thus varying effects. Kind of a rollercoaster never know if grogginness is gonna come first or after. Or if I will get anxiety. Strange.

Promising substance if managed to work properly I think.

Last edited:

Makrosky

I have extensive personal experience with tianeptine. It's one of the most useful substances out there in my opinion and there are accounts of people addicted to high doses for 10 years finally weaning off without apparent damage. I don't believe it's dangerous, but the withdrawals are out of this world, if you're not prepared you may decide to off yourself (rather than the drug killing you).
Never got addicted to it. Never had withdrawal symptoms with it. Just for the record.

Terma

What are you, superman? lol

I forgot to write I did try tia + metergoline at the same time a few times. Usually because I'd start with meter or something smoother in the morning and then something happened in the day that required some tia. The tia overpowers everything in my experience (except caffeine) so you're just wasting the meter.

Makrosky

I'm assuming due to the prolactin lowering effect it could def boost libido and T/DHT?

Yes, to me it gives a pronounced libido boost. And better erections. But good libido not "stress libido" if you know what I mean ?

Also, I've noticed the libido boost is totally heterosexual oriented. I mention this because many years ago after SSRI (Prozac) use I became... let's make it short and simple : less heterosexual whereas before I was 100% heterosexual and that change has lasted till now. It's soon to say because I'm still experimenting but the metergoline makes me feel (Sexually speaking) like before I used Prozac ? I don't know if it's coincidence or what. Maybe Professor @haidut can chime in ? I think it could be the cascade of less serotonin->less estrogen->more androgens.

@BeLiKeWater

Quick update: Metergoline seems to dramatically lower inhibition but it lacks the other effects of alcohol thus it is not really noticeable. You tend to realize you were very social and outgoing after events. I remember reading that serotonin is inversely related to risk taking behavior and this is apparent on Metergoline. My rat says it seems to root him in the moment which is pretty nice. Makes a very good pro social and even pro general experience substance, though it does decrease behavioral inhibition a lot so be careful you don't start fights or tell your wife her cooking sucks...
Also it makes my rat want to go out and have fun versus do work... which requires some self discipline.

Here is an interesting study regarding serotonin's role in behavioral inhibition: Reconciling the Role of Serotonin in Behavioral Inhibition and Aversion: Acute Tryptophan Depletion Abolishes Punishment-Induced Inhibition in Humans | Journal of Neuroscience

Felt the same about inhibition. Gotta be careful. Talk about risk taking ? Man you should see how I was driving my car this morning after the metergoline dose. Jeez.

I'll report any side effects as time goes on. The only side effect my rat has experienced so far is an increase in anxiety...however it is a very strange occurance. This anxiety actually feels good and refreshing for some reason and is more akin to excitement I think.

Experience report: I have noticed that my rat feels much like a little kid on metergoline (not a decrease in manly personality traits but rather an increase in playful behavior). My rat feels like he wants to go snowboarding, partying, and hiking on metergoline. I will try to observe any negative side effects as time goes on and will keep you all in the loop. Also I encourage anyone else taking this to share your experience reports as everyone is different.

Also experienced this.

24 hrs later, still in a bliss bubble from one dose. Have to remind myself to eat as I'm feeling fine w very little food. Prefer napping to long sleep cycles.

Also experienced this but not always. Sometimes I'm not hungry at all, sometimes I get very hungry.

IhateFin

I have been dosing topically and haven't noticed anything.. no libido, good feelings none of that so I'm gunna give oral a shot tomorrow and see how that goes. What method everyone here usually dose by oral or topical?

CoconutEffect

This is keeper, it has opened me up visually, I feel like understand what it might mean to be a photographer.
I never had the ability to appreciate any sort of visual art, until maybe now.
Anyone else having pleasant, non hallucinogenic visual effects? Everything is simply more beautiful on Metergoline.

jaakkima

Sorry if this has been asked but how effective will topical absorption be in the SFA esters version vs the dmso?

On 1st impression it definitely really improves things a serotonin antagonist would be expected to, though my rat has issues that have not been identified yet. Took in the evening, had awful headache today. Same thing happened sometimes with tianeptine sometimes when used years ago. Cypro never does that but doesn't have much effect either. Maybe just calories?...

fkj

I personally didn't feel anything with topical but when I switched to oral it hit me

What changes did you notice? I've found oral administration more effective as well. More immersed in tasks, less socially anxious and visual improvements

IhateFin

What changes did you notice? I've found oral administration more effective as well. More immersed in tasks, less socially anxious and visual improvements

I mostly noticed that I had more of an urge to orgasm and was able to masterbate 6 times haha probs from the reduction of prolactin.
Other than that I didn't see much improvement on mood or anything, but I have PFS so it probs affects me oddly. I'll it tho! Haha

fkj

I mostly noticed that I had more of an urge to orgasm and was able to masterbate 6 times haha probs from the reduction of prolactin.
Other than that I didn't see much improvement on mood or anything, but I have PFS so it probs affects me oddly. I'll it tho! Haha

Ah glad to hear it's helping. I'm actually taking it for.pssd so also looking for.sexual improvements but yet to see any major results in that regard, I am however only on a two drop dose daily at the moment. How big was your dose?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals