OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How long before this would expire if stored properly I. E. Refrigerated?

There are a few bottles we keep that are over 6 months old and not refrigerated and they are still just as active. FDA mandates no more than 12 months advertised shelf life for all liquid products.

Last edited:

Base Ball

This is my favorite R&D substance for my rat. Rat seems to really do well on it. I may be imaging how well the rat is doing as I was looking for something that would be a 5-HT-1 antagonist (all the A,B, etc) as well as an antagonist to 5-HT2. Cypro is great, but I am not sure it its as strong of an antagonist at 5-HT-1 as metergoline. Can the rat use a little of both safety? I know @haidut says that usually the serotonin antagonists are usually better utilized by themselves. 5-HT1 is a big player in prostate cancer The role of serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine1A and 1B) receptors in prostate cancer cell proliferation. - PubMed - NCBI Surprise, surprise something other than testosterone. Notice that article mentions that serotonin is released by prostate neuroendocrine cells. Neuroendocrine cancer can be tough to deal with.. Thoughts?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This is my favorite R&D substance for my rat. Rat seems to really do well on it. I may be imaging how well the rat is doing as I was looking for something that would be a 5-HT-1 antagonist (all the A,B, etc) as well as an antagonist to 5-HT2. Cypro is great, but I am not sure it its as strong of an antagonist at 5-HT-1 as metergoline. Can the rat use a little of both safety? I know @haidut says that usually the serotonin antagonists are usually better utilized by themselves. 5-HT1 is a big player in prostate cancer The role of serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine1A and 1B) receptors in prostate cancer cell proliferation. - PubMed - NCBI Surprise, surprise something other than testosterone. Notice that article mentions that serotonin is released by prostate neuroendocrine cells. Neuroendocrine cancer can be tough to deal with.. Thoughts?

Great, thanks for sharing!
I think all cancers are neuroendocrine cancers. I don't know of any tumor that does not release a neuroactive substance like histamine, serotonin, or ammonia. The technical definition may be twisted so that only some of them look neuroendocrine but they all are if you look close enough.
I think cypro can match metergoline's 5-HT1 antagonism but at much higher doses at which it starts to antagonize dopamine and may raise liver enzymes for some people. As far as combinations, I would ask a pharmacist first, and in fact ketotifen has been tried for those on its own.

Last edited:
What do you think minimum dosing needed to lower prolactin? I plan to take a month to two months.

I saw on first thread it is equivalent to Bromo in the realm of 2-4mg. However was still curious if you could steep below and still achieve prolactin lowering effects.

I don't do too hot the next day on ritanserin in terms of mood. So the serotonin lowering effects worry me a bit. However after taking Cyproheptadone and having my mood go down I learned I can reup my serotonin via 5htp and make my mood rise back up to an okay level.

I would use lisuride but I have some and that makes me feel weird and don't get feelings of wellbeing from it.

Metergoline sounds promising and prolactin needs to come down as well. I have some on the way and should be here monday :D

Last edited:

Ritchie

I have been applying 3-4 drops cypro on my rat in the evening and 1 drop of lisuride in the morning and feel this is a good combination currently (rat is sleeping well and has very positive vibes in general throughout the day) @haidut would adding a drop or two of metergoline with the lisuride in the morning sound reasonable? Or would you recommend taking them at separate times, or perhaps the metergoline at night with the cypro? Thanks in advance

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have been applying 3-4 drops cypro on my rat in the evening and 1 drop of lisuride in the morning and feel this is a good combination currently (rat is sleeping well and has very positive vibes in general throughout the day) @haidut would adding a drop or two of metergoline with the lisuride in the morning sound reasonable? Or would you recommend taking them at separate times, or perhaps the metergoline at night with the cypro? Thanks in advance

Don't think adding metegoline is needed if cypro is already used.

Last edited:

encerent

Metergoline is what I would use in lieu of the cypro/lisuride combination. Sort of what I'd use if I had to choose taking only one chemical for opposing serotoin and possibly promoting dopamine. Don't think adding metegoline is needed if cypro and lisuride are already used.

What would give the least rebound serotonin after stopping use?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What would give the least rebound serotonin after stopping use?

None of these should cause rebound serotonin, actually I would expect them to do the opposite. Due to them increasing serotonin receptor density and sensitivity, after stopping them less serotonin may be produced due to the body being able to get by with less due to increased sensitivity.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Peater

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm really intrigued by the serotonin antagonists - ever had any problems reported with Customs?

fkj

Has anyone noticed improvements with imagination in subjects, and creativity

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm really intrigued by the serotonin antagonists - ever had any problems reported with Customs?

Nope, metergoline is not a drug in UK as far as I know.

Last edited:

encerent

None of these should cause rebound serotonin, actually I would expect them to do the opposite. Due to them increasing serotonin receptor density and sensitivity, after stopping them less serotonin may be produced due to the body being able to get by with less due to increased sensitivity.

Doesn't this article say the opposite? That receptor sensitivity is lowered (due to less binding sites)

"The administration of 14 daily doses of cyproheptadine, BC-105, metergoline and methysergide induced a marked decrease in the number (Bmax) of 3H-spiroperidol binding sites (5HT2 sites) in frontal cortex,"
Acute and chronic effects of serotonin (5HT) antagonists on serotonin binding sites. - PubMed - NCBI

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Doesn't this article say the opposite? That receptor sensitivity is lowered (due to less binding sites)

"The administration of 14 daily doses of cyproheptadine, BC-105, metergoline and methysergide induced a marked decrease in the number (Bmax) of 3H-spiroperidol binding sites (5HT2 sites) in frontal cortex,"
Acute and chronic effects of serotonin (5HT) antagonists on serotonin binding sites. - PubMed - NCBI

I think it depends on the chemical used. Cyproheptadine is an inverse agonist, or a so-called "silent antagonist". A true antagonist usually increases receptor density but the mechanism isn't really fully known to claim with certainty for every drug. Keep in mind that cyproheptadine and most of the other drugs in that study are not "selective" - i.e they have myriad of other receptor activities such as histamine, acetylcholine, prolactin, estrogen, etc so it's hard to say what their cumulative effect on serotonin receptors is due to. If you Google for "serotonin antagonists" and look at the Wikipedia page that comes up you will see a number of selective serotonin receptor antagonists, usually on 5-HT2 subreceptors. Those when tested usually increase receptor density, so the expectation from a true and selective antagonist would be the same unless other evidence is available.

encerent

I think it depends on the chemical used. Cyproheptadine is an inverse agonist, or a so-called "silent antagonist". A true antagonist usually increases receptor density but the mechanism isn't really fully known to claim with certainty for every drug. Keep in mind that cyproheptadine and most of the other drugs in that study are not "selective" - i.e they have myriad of other receptor activities such as histamine, acetylcholine, prolactin, estrogen, etc so it's hard to say what their cumulative effect on serotonin receptors is due to. If you Google for "serotonin antagonists" and look at the Wikipedia page that comes up you will see a number of selective serotonin receptor antagonists, usually on 5-HT2 subreceptors. Those when tested usually increase receptor density, so the expectation from a true and selective antagonist would be the same unless other evidence is available.

Well it's a good thing if what this study suggests is true: that these known serotonin antagonists reduces the 5-HT receptor density/sensitivity. That's what we want in addition to their direct antagonism.

J

jb116

Apologies if I overlooked this but
Is the anti-fungal action based on in vitro experiments where it was applied in high concentrations to a culture, or was it utilized to resolve actual infections in vivo? I'm curious as to whether the doses of 2-4mg a day would have a meaningful effect on Candida or other fungal infections.

Also, would there be a preferred route of administration to combat fungal infections; say oral for GI tract, or directly on an affected area of the skin?

Thanks!

Just bumping this question as I didn't see it answered. @haidut
Is oral or topical preferred for a young adult female rat with IBS with diarrhea and constipation?
And would the doses in fact be useful around 2 - 4 mg?

Ingenol

@haidut I noticed my most recent shipment of Metergoline has a very yellow color and is slightly cloudy, but the first batch was essentially clear. Is this expected?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I noticed my most recent shipment of Metergoline has a very yellow color and is slightly cloudy, but the first batch was essentially clear. Is this expected?

I already answered via PM. The color of the metergoline powder varies between batches from white to almost beige. So, when dissolved it may have a yellowish hint.

poilochio

I am not aware of any studies with it for hair growth. It can be taken any time of the day but in higher doses its dopaminergic agonism probably becomes stronger so if taking more than 4mg in a single dose I would take in the morning as is the recommendation for other dopamine agonists.
I gave my rat 8 drops before bed .

it had so much energy /goodfeelings/joy etc. It even tried to meditate for about 40 min . Was just too amped up in a good way to fall asleep so for my rat def. A day time substance

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals